Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final Word

phil1972 said:
And fortunately, you with most of your generation will be dead soon, good ridance.

What has generation got to do with things? Who's generation was Liberace or Danny La Rue?

As for looking forward for the day when a generation will be dead, what kind of wank-ish statement is that?

If you don't agree with the sentiment, say as much, that was nothing more than a petulant out burst.

Hig, times change, as do definitions and how we as humans percieve things, I don't think that in todays society, sodomy between consenting adults is perverted.

It's not something that I partake in, not even with the wife. In my opinion it's an 'Ootie' not an 'Inni', but that's my opinion.

As usual from seadog, theres never a yes or no, being a Mod perhaps you can explain why this was moved from DIAMOND LIL`s, yet the Gay thread keeps running, and all this is doing is asking for an opinion, just a load of gutless hypocrites.

Seadog

War Hero
Hig, you angry man you. First of all, I don't moderate Lil's so I couldn't move either thread if I wanted to. Second, silverfox who can and did, gave you and everyone else an explanation on the previous page.

This is getting very boring now (no pun intended) and as such is being shifted to the Gash Barge.

And before HTP gets on any high horse about censorship - Lil's is not a complete free for all - it does have limits and these have been reached. Should you wish to carry on this somewhat puerile debate then you are free to do so and the post is not being removed from the site - just being put somewhere more appropriate

You have a bad habit of ranting about moderation policy, often moaning that a thread or post has been deleted by mods when in fact it has just been moved, or displaced by subsequent posts or the poster has deleted it for reasons he or she doesn't have to give you. Your rant above is of the same ilk. You just don't look do you? And you certainly never apologise or say thank you when someone does the work for you.

As for my last post, I'm not interested in giving a straight (fnar fnar) answer. Okay Mr Angry?

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I've already explained why this was moved, you acknowledged that you had read it and have since stated that you are happy - not that your happiness is a concern of mine.

yes but i don`t understand the reasoning, this thread was intended to put and end to the gay crap, yet that thread lives on, when things start being moved from Diamond Lil`s then i forecast the end, along time ago i suggested a a forum such as this, for the really gash stuff, i was derided by all the mods ( It`s on here somewhere but i`m not searching for it ) i was told basically to shut the fuck up as DL`s was sufficient, now we have the gash barge, who`s idea was that i wonder?. Now we have yourself the only mod to move things from DL`s, thats the gripe, as i say the gay thread lives on thats why you`re a hypocrite. as for Seatwat wanting an apology, he can FO. there are people on here still waiting for apologies from him, and some honest answers which he refuses to do. And i assume from his last post that he votes no. Such power you have? why not learn to use it wisely.

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
not being hypocritical - your thread was not moved because of bias - but merely because one anti gay thread is enough and repetition is boring.

- and before you start wailing and moaning about Lil's - there have always been limits as stated in the policy....

There is a diference between censorship and moderation

silverfox said:
not being hypocritical - your thread was not moved because of bias - but merely because one anti gay thread is enough and repetition is boring.

- and before you start wailing and moaning about Lil's - there have always been limits as stated in the policy....

What is anti gay, i asked a question on what people thought, that needed to be asked to kill off the gay crap.

Then by that very statement about limits the Gash Barge must have limits too.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
phil1972 said:
And fortunately, you with most of your generation will be dead soon, good ridance.

In my opinion a totally unacceptable post. I find it strange that you would wish your parents or grandparents dead.

Mods this should be taken up with the poster

NO, physically incorrect, but no more a perversion than smoking cannabis or tobacco, or drinking alcohol. Like carrot juice all toxic substances.

If you and other members see a need to put a posting such as this on RR then it is doomed.

The subject is more suitable for Right wing happy clappy Christian Fundamentalist and other extreme religious sites. May I suggest you find your soul mates in that direction.

Nutty

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
higthepig said:
silverfox said:

What is anti gay, i asked a question on what people thought, that needed to be asked to kill off the gay crap.

Then by that very statement about limits the Gash Barge must have limits too.

Not anti - gay? Well it may well be unintentional, but the choice of words in your opening question imply it rather strongly... but as I have said all along, that is not the reason why it was shifted.

As for limits - of course there are limits to all the forums. Anything that is overtly offensive, dull, inappropriate (blatant advertising etc) or breaches security rules is removed, and this happens on a regular basis. The COs' thinkning behind the Gash Barge was that it was a place where people could continue discussions without cluttering up the front page. After all any newcomer is hardly likely to be impressed by seeing a multitude of posts, all variations on the same theme, no matter what the subject is.

Seadog

War Hero
as for Seatwat wanting an apology,

I haven't asked for one, I'm not as precious as that. You haven't read my post properly have you? No change there then.

there are people on here still waiting for apologies from him,

Oh yes, that cnut seacock should apologise for being rude and similar. Excuse me if I don't feel compelled.

and some honest answers which he refuses to do.

Some honest answers are there. How many times have you asked about how moderators are appointed? Some moderators are fed up answering your same old same old. You just don't read posts. You may see the words
but little if anything registers. As for genuinely unanswered questions, no-one is under any obligation to answer, I may not be aware of the question-unlike you I don't live on Rum Ration and don't read every post in every forum.

And i assume from his last post that he votes no.

Still not reading are you?

Such power you have? why not learn to use it wisely.

For the benefit of mankind?

I'm not posting this for your benefit higthepig because you still won't get it. I'm posting it to draw the attention of others to your misplaced indignation and site shop steward bollox.

Read Jenny Dabber's post at the top of the Gash Barge forum, explains what the Gash Barge is for.

chinamatelot

Lantern Swinger
I can't be arsed with this thread...

...oh bugger. YES & NO and throw in a MAYBE

Yes - totally disgusting too guys shagging each others arses

No - If the Lady likes it placed in the poop shute and requests it, I'm too much of a gentleman to say no

Maybe - If a ladyboy snags me - hmmm I'd better have another bottle of rum and think about that.

And don't waste too much time on the conflict of Yes & Maybe. Don't take it too seriously. Chill.

China.

ronalder

Lantern Swinger
higthepig said:
Does anyone know how to make a poll?

Lets nail this Gay crap and put it to rest.

The poll would be( Or run it without a poll)

Do you or do you not, consider Sodomy to be a Perversion and an unnatural act.

Yes.
or
No.

My answer is yes.

After about 3 seconds consideration, my answer must be yes. As for being tempted to try it out ( sodomy) , I once had a grandstand view of a certain sailors backdside while he was getting a tattoo ( he knows who he is!) and it turned me off for life, and made me even more determined to limit all my sexual activities to any member of the female sex who I could get to stay still for long enough.

The_Wonderer

War Hero
higthepig said:
Does anyone know how to make a poll?

Lets nail this Gay crap and put it to rest.

The poll would be( Or run it without a poll)

Do you or do you not, consider Sodomy to be a Perversion and an unnatural act.

Yes.
or
No.

My answer is yes.

Speaking from experience then Hig ?

"SQUEEL PIGGY SQUEEL !!!"

(seriously though)

As a hetrero man, yes, homo sex digusts me.
Not much else though.
I suppose hetrero sex disgusts homo's / lesbians etc etc
"each to their own" I say.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ageing_Gracefully Final Book Comp of 2017 - WORD OF WAR Competitions 23
MoD_RSS Christine Tacon marks final week in role as GCA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency submits final plans for Otter Valley project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final decision published in window blind merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 45th anniversary of the Helsinki Final Act: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA final decision on air traffic control charges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final phase of North East flood scheme starts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCA achieves highest rate of retailer compliance in final survey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Grenfell adviser appointed as final Grenfell Taskforce report published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final decision published in radio merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final local government finance settlement 2020 to 2021: written statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS School sponsored by LLW Repository Ltd reach national Lego League final MoD News 0
soleil ForcesNet: "John Inverdale Praises 'Really Good' Navy Rugby Final" Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS The final voyage of Captain Matthew Flinders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Arundel road improvements consultation enters final two weeks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Have your say on final details for the A417 Missing Link scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final nuclear fuel removed from last Magnox reactor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vancouver Marks Final Canadian Stop on Red Arrows Tour MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER The (maybe!) final days of Brexit - a pictorial history. Diamond Lil's 40
MoD_RSS History made as final fuel leaves iconic nuclear plant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theresa May's final speech as Prime Minister: 24 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation on major A428 upgrade to enter its final week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Persecution of Christians review: Foreign Secretary’s speech following the final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Work to start on final stage of £1 million pumping station overhaul MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Final step taken in CMA reform of investment consultants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Publication of the Airline Insolvency Review final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Airline Insolvency Review final report MoD News 0
H Final Entry Briefing Joining the Royal Navy 25
MoD_RSS News story: 32 million people better off as key legislation passes final hurdle MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final round of Strategic College Improvement Fund opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Final local government finance settlement 2019 to 2020: written statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final report on GP partnerships published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Unknown warrior from World War 1 given final resting place MoD News 0
Wightsparker Final final farewell to Sea King? Current Affairs 1
W Communications Technician Final Stretch Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS News story: MOD submits final Typhoon proposal to Belgium MoD News 0
W AIB Questionnaire and Final Prep Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS News story: UK takes delivery of final F-35B Lightning this year MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Final resting place of a Yorkshire born WW2 soldier killed in the 'Bridge too... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final plea to find Yorkshire family of World War 2 hero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Former HMS Illustrious set to sail on her final voyage MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Final effort to find family of World War 2 hero Clifford Granville Shaw MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Air Force World War 2 hero's final resting place identified MoD News 0
digger84 No more pay increments, final straw? Current Affairs 12
MoD_RSS News story: Final Army moves from Germany set for 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: SSRO publishes final version of compliance rating methodology MoD News 0
Stirlin HMS York makes final journey. The Quarterdeck 2
MoD_RSS News story: MOD announces final recipient of £40m Veterans Accommodation Fund MoD News 0
AuldYin HMS Illustrious final homecoming The Fleet 14
soleil NW Evening Mail: Falklands Veteran Sub Leaves Barrow And Embarks On Her Final Voyage Submariners 3