Final flight For Nicole

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, May 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. :laughing3:Well done, she could be in the MILF thread Scouse!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Well, that's just raised the Thunderbirds one notch on the w.anchor scale. Now they really are again the most tedious, boring, uninspiring, lacklustre, sleep-inducing, prima donnas in the aviation world, having regained their limp-dicks tag. The biggest problem is they reckon they're good.

I think they need to make their Thunderbirds patch a little bigger 'cos otherwise nobody would have a clue what team they fly for.
  4. Bit touchy this morning wings!!!! Fallen out with the co pilot and cabin crew on this mornings flight , and a rejection from the young stewardess :laughing5:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ah, patch envy.

Then again the bigger the patch, the less room for medals s'pose.
  6. Try the Blue Angels instead pontius

Attached Files:

7. Way and means N_S!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. image.jpg Or the Red Arrows
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Which one's Pontius?
  10. Yes, Scouse, I'll take the Blue Angels or the Dead Sparrows over the Thunderbirds any day. The Blue Angels are still a bunch of prima donnas but they do put on a fantastic display of f*%$ing close formation flying. The Sparrows choreography is brilliant, with no gaps in the display and even though their machines aren't nearly as good as the Yank stuff, they do an excellent job with nine aircraft. You know what, I'll even applaud those French types of the Patrouille de France but I'd rather stick cocktail sticks in my eyes than watch the farce of the Thunderbirds. Not just touchy today but always with those muppets. What's a rejection? :grin:

I like the Korean guy third from the right at the front. He's got a dick medal which the other's haven't been awarded. It's a difficult choice though, since he hasn't got any thigh gongs.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. All the rivalry amongst the aerobatic teams and their performances, they all fly and do their best, often providing hours of good entertainment for 1000's , me included. Be it for special flypasts or at the many airshows, a less shallow approach would be better.
  12. Historically I thought the Canadian chieftains team flying the F104 starfighter took some beating, I don't think they lasted long, were around in the 60/70's well worth watching if you can find a video on YouTube.
  13. image.jpg Bit of a different type display:grin:
  14. Simon,s Circus, flying Sea Hawks, the FAA aerobatic team of the late 50,s took some beating.
  15. thought it was Simon Idens (Circus) flying Sea Vixens!!!!!
  16. I saw the ,Seahawks Scouse. Never saw the
    Vixens, as a team that is. Thanks for correction mate.
  17. Ref. Wiki

Simon’s Sircus
    [sic] was an aerobatics display team comprising six Sea Vixen FAW2 aircraft from 892 Naval Air Squadron of the British Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm. The team operated during the summer of 1968 and was named after 892 Squadron’s commanding officer at the time, Lt Cdr Simon Idiens RN.

[h=2][edit]History[/h]Simon’s Sircus was formed in April 1968 by Lt Cdr Idiens following 892 Squadron’s disembarkation from the aircraft carrier HMS Hermes. They were based at RNAS Yeovilton and displayed at numerous RAF Airshows and Royal Navy Air Station Air Days during the 1968 season culminating in the SBAC Farnborough Airshow on 20th, 21st and 22nd September. The main element of the team’s display began with a steep turn and then a loop in ‘broad arrow’ formation, changing to ‘box six’ during the second manoeuvre. This was followed by a barrel roll in ‘long arrow’ formation, a loop in ‘spearhead’ formation and lastly a ‘bomb burst’ and finale. The team were highly acclaimed by many who saw them display, due in no small part to the fact that the Sea Vixens used were over five times heavier than the Folland Gnatsused by the well known Red Arrows aerobatic team of the RAF.
    Following the conclusion of the Farnborough displays Simon’s Sircus and 892 Squadron were officially disbanded.
  18. Attached Files:

19. I used to like it when they were the Crunchie team; the girls would pitch up at the airshows with boxes of Crunchies in a compartment behind the pilot's swede and distribute them to all the daring aces of the assembled display crews. Birds in really toight leather gear, chocolate and beer. Just needed a fishing rod for perfection :)
  20. Can anybody else hear whistling.....?
    • Like Like x 2