Final flight For Nicole

Pontius

War Hero
Well, that's just raised the Thunderbirds one notch on the w.anchor scale. Now they really are again the most tedious, boring, uninspiring, lacklustre, sleep-inducing, prima donnas in the aviation world, having regained their limp-dicks tag. The biggest problem is they reckon they're good.

I think they need to make their Thunderbirds patch a little bigger 'cos otherwise nobody would have a clue what team they fly for.

scouse

War Hero
Well, that's just raised the Thunderbirds one notch on the w.anchor scale. Now they really are again the most tedious, boring, uninspiring, lacklustre, sleep-inducing, prima donnas in the aviation world, having regained their limp-dicks tag. The biggest problem is they reckon they're good.

I think they need to make their Thunderbirds patch a little bigger 'cos otherwise nobody would have a clue what team they fly for.
Bit touchy this morning wings!!!! Fallen out with the co pilot and cabin crew on this mornings flight , and a rejection from the young stewardess :laughing5:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

Ah, patch envy.

Then again the bigger the patch, the less room for medals s'pose.

Pontius

War Hero
Yes, Scouse, I'll take the Blue Angels or the Dead Sparrows over the Thunderbirds any day. The Blue Angels are still a bunch of prima donnas but they do put on a fantastic display of f*%$ing close formation flying. The Sparrows choreography is brilliant, with no gaps in the display and even though their machines aren't nearly as good as the Yank stuff, they do an excellent job with nine aircraft. You know what, I'll even applaud those French types of the Patrouille de France but I'd rather stick cocktail sticks in my eyes than watch the farce of the Thunderbirds. Not just touchy today but always with those muppets. What's a rejection? :grin:

I like the Korean guy third from the right at the front. He's got a dick medal which the other's haven't been awarded. It's a difficult choice though, since he hasn't got any thigh gongs.

Handler

War Hero
All the rivalry amongst the aerobatic teams and their performances, they all fly and do their best, often providing hours of good entertainment for 1000's , me included. Be it for special flypasts or at the many airshows, a less shallow approach would be better.

FAAFLYNAVY

Lantern Swinger
Historically I thought the Canadian chieftains team flying the F104 starfighter took some beating, I don't think they lasted long, were around in the 60/70's well worth watching if you can find a video on YouTube.

Last edited:

Topstop

War Hero
Ref. Wiki

Simon’s Sircus
[sic] was an aerobatics display team comprising six Sea Vixen FAW2 aircraft from 892 Naval Air Squadron of the British Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm. The team operated during the summer of 1968 and was named after 892 Squadron’s commanding officer at the time, Lt Cdr Simon Idiens RN.

[h=2][edit]History[/h]Simon’s Sircus was formed in April 1968 by Lt Cdr Idiens following 892 Squadron’s disembarkation from the aircraft carrier HMS Hermes. They were based at RNAS Yeovilton and displayed at numerous RAF Airshows and Royal Navy Air Station Air Days during the 1968 season culminating in the SBAC Farnborough Airshow on 20th, 21st and 22nd September. The main element of the team’s display began with a steep turn and then a loop in ‘broad arrow’ formation, changing to ‘box six’ during the second manoeuvre. This was followed by a barrel roll in ‘long arrow’ formation, a loop in ‘spearhead’ formation and lastly a ‘bomb burst’ and finale. The team were highly acclaimed by many who saw them display, due in no small part to the fact that the Sea Vixens used were over five times heavier than the Folland Gnatsused by the well known Red Arrows aerobatic team of the RAF.
Following the conclusion of the Farnborough displays Simon’s Sircus and 892 Squadron were officially disbanded.
[h=2][edit][/h]

Pontius

War Hero
View attachment 5479 Bit of a different type display:grin:
I used to like it when they were the Crunchie team; the girls would pitch up at the airshows with boxes of Crunchies in a compartment behind the pilot's swede and distribute them to all the daring aces of the assembled display crews. Birds in really toight leather gear, chocolate and beer. Just needed a fishing rod for perfection :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trelawney126 The Final Flight Current Affairs 17
soleil Navy News: "Final Flight of the Firefly" The Fleet Air Arm 4
MoD_RSS Final phase of North East flood scheme starts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCA achieves highest rate of retailer compliance in final survey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Grenfell adviser appointed as final Grenfell Taskforce report published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final decision published in radio merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final local government finance settlement 2020 to 2021: written statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS School sponsored by LLW Repository Ltd reach national Lego League final MoD News 0
soleil ForcesNet: "John Inverdale Praises 'Really Good' Navy Rugby Final" Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS The final voyage of Captain Matthew Flinders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Arundel road improvements consultation enters final two weeks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Have your say on final details for the A417 Missing Link scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final nuclear fuel removed from last Magnox reactor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vancouver Marks Final Canadian Stop on Red Arrows Tour MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER The (maybe!) final days of Brexit - a pictorial history. Diamond Lil's 40
MoD_RSS History made as final fuel leaves iconic nuclear plant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theresa May's final speech as Prime Minister: 24 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation on major A428 upgrade to enter its final week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Persecution of Christians review: Foreign Secretary’s speech following the final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Work to start on final stage of £1 million pumping station overhaul MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Final step taken in CMA reform of investment consultants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Publication of the Airline Insolvency Review final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Airline Insolvency Review final report MoD News 0
H Final Entry Briefing Joining the Royal Navy 25
MoD_RSS News story: 32 million people better off as key legislation passes final hurdle MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final round of Strategic College Improvement Fund opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Final local government finance settlement 2019 to 2020: written statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final report on GP partnerships published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Unknown warrior from World War 1 given final resting place MoD News 0
Wightsparker Final final farewell to Sea King? Current Affairs 1
W Communications Technician Final Stretch Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS News story: MOD submits final Typhoon proposal to Belgium MoD News 0
W AIB Questionnaire and Final Prep Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS News story: UK takes delivery of final F-35B Lightning this year MoD News 1
Ageing_Gracefully Final Book Comp of 2017 - WORD OF WAR Competitions 23
MoD_RSS News story: Final resting place of a Yorkshire born WW2 soldier killed in the 'Bridge too... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final plea to find Yorkshire family of World War 2 hero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Former HMS Illustrious set to sail on her final voyage MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Final effort to find family of World War 2 hero Clifford Granville Shaw MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Air Force World War 2 hero's final resting place identified MoD News 0
digger84 No more pay increments, final straw? Current Affairs 12
MoD_RSS News story: Final Army moves from Germany set for 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: SSRO publishes final version of compliance rating methodology MoD News 0
Stirlin HMS York makes final journey. The Quarterdeck 2
MoD_RSS News story: MOD announces final recipient of £40m Veterans Accommodation Fund MoD News 0
AuldYin HMS Illustrious final homecoming The Fleet 14
soleil NW Evening Mail: Falklands Veteran Sub Leaves Barrow And Embarks On Her Final Voyage Submariners 3
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth Soldiers Will Join Final Deployment To Afghanistan" Current Affairs 0
B HMS Raleigh- final test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
T Final Tranche figures Current Affairs 0