Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final date for job choice?

Had a bit of a search but could'nt really find what i was looking for so ill start over!

Well I've applied to join the Navy about a month and a half ago now, just waiting for the security check as im ex Army, i've been waiting about a month and a half so far, any ideas on how long this should take?

My first job choice is AET and my second choice is ET(ME), but im starting to sway towards ET(ME) because from what i've heard Aet's are not spending much time at sea and this is what im joining the Navy for!

My question is at what point do i have to sign the dotted line saying yes i will be an AET or yes i will be an ET(ME)?

Catton.

Edited cause i am an idiot :roll:

Guzzler

War Hero
Nothing is final until you sign WWFC - you can not sign and go home. That doesn't mean you can transfer branches there and then 'just like that'.

Rookie-WWFC

Lantern Swinger
Sorry im confused, i thought that you could decide you didnt want to go for a job and switch to another up until you'd signed saying you'd do that job? Obviously you'd need to wait for vacancies in another branch and meet the required criteria but you can change branch up until you have signed can't you?

Guzzler

War Hero
No. Imagine the mayhem if a dozen people turn up and decide they've changed their minds. They'd have to be fed, accommodated and paid whilst sitting around at Raleigh waiting for a course to start - in some cases that could be months.

Sign or go home and start the process again. If they'll let you.

Having said that, I don't know when the latest you can decide is. I'm sure one of the recruiters can tell you.

Drakey

War Hero
catton01 said:
My question is at what point do i have to sign the dotted line saying yes i will be an AET or yes i will be an ET(ME)?

Catton.

Edited cause i am an idiot :roll:

Yes you are an idiot but we won't complain because you recognised one of your shortcommings.

When you complete your application form you will be able to indicate two preferences. If you get to the interview stage you will have to decide what job you wish to go for. However, as it is engineering that you are interested in your interviewer might be able to suggest where your skills (if you have any engineering experience) could be put to best use. If you are successful you will attend a medical for the job of your choice. You should have decided what job you are applying for by the time you get to the interview. You wil be told whether you have been successful for job XXX or not. You will sign your contract when you arrive at HMS Raleigh. By then you will have been allocated a place in the training pipeline for XXX job and you cannot decide to change at that stage as it will be too late.
Speak to the AFCO staff and stop pussy footing around.

You cannot change your mind to transfer to a different job once you have signed your contract at HMS Raleigh.
:threaten:

roberts09

Badgeman
when i was applying to join i was goin to go in logistics but when it came to my interview the PO said why didnt you choose ET(ME), so i went away and had a think about it, but the interview was done for the logistics job.

QUATE8203

Lantern Swinger
Yous are misleading this guy completely.

You can change your job choice at any point during your application, as long as you have not completed your application, which would mean you have passed selection and have your dates for basic training.

Guzzler

War Hero
What are you on about? Nobody is misleading anybody. The question was 'how late can you change your choice of branch' and the statement was made that you could do it until the minute you sign at Raleigh. I pointed out that this was incorrect and Drakey gave a more detailed (and informed) explanation of when a change of mind could be made.

There is no misleading going on, just an attempt to help. Until you know what you are talking about shut up.

QUATE8203

Lantern Swinger
Guzzler said:
What are you on about? Nobody is misleading anybody. The question was 'how late can you change your choice of branch' and the statement was made that you could do it until the minute you sign at Raleigh. I pointed out that this was incorrect and Drakey gave a more detailed (and informed) explanation of when a change of mind could be made.

There is no misleading going on, just an attempt to help. Until you know what you are talking about shut up.

The way Drakey puts it across is as if you cannot change your job choice after your interview.

Put your knickers back on.

Rookie-WWFC

Lantern Swinger
So you are not stuck up until you sign and you can change but you may need to restart the application process.

captainobvious

Lantern Swinger
Yeah, basically, once you've got your date you're signed up for a course for that trade. You can choose not to join any time up until you sign at Raleigh, but you cannot just change your choice of branch.

Drakey

War Hero
QUATE8203 said:
The way Drakey puts it across is as if you cannot change your job choice after your interview..

OK. Let's clear this up.
An applicant can change their mind during the application process, but there is no guarantee that they will be found to be suitable for their new branch.

danny

War Hero
catton01 said:
Ok so basically i have to have my chosen job choice by the time my interview roles round?

More or less yes. Unless you want to look like a prat for wasting everyones time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Environment Agency submits final plans for Otter Valley project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final decision published in window blind merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 45th anniversary of the Helsinki Final Act: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA final decision on air traffic control charges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final phase of North East flood scheme starts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCA achieves highest rate of retailer compliance in final survey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Grenfell adviser appointed as final Grenfell Taskforce report published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final decision published in radio merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final local government finance settlement 2020 to 2021: written statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS School sponsored by LLW Repository Ltd reach national Lego League final MoD News 0
soleil ForcesNet: "John Inverdale Praises 'Really Good' Navy Rugby Final" Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS The final voyage of Captain Matthew Flinders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Arundel road improvements consultation enters final two weeks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Have your say on final details for the A417 Missing Link scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final nuclear fuel removed from last Magnox reactor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vancouver Marks Final Canadian Stop on Red Arrows Tour MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER The (maybe!) final days of Brexit - a pictorial history. Diamond Lil's 40
MoD_RSS History made as final fuel leaves iconic nuclear plant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theresa May's final speech as Prime Minister: 24 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation on major A428 upgrade to enter its final week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Persecution of Christians review: Foreign Secretary’s speech following the final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Work to start on final stage of £1 million pumping station overhaul MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Final step taken in CMA reform of investment consultants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Publication of the Airline Insolvency Review final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Airline Insolvency Review final report MoD News 0
H Final Entry Briefing Joining the Royal Navy 25
MoD_RSS News story: 32 million people better off as key legislation passes final hurdle MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final round of Strategic College Improvement Fund opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Final local government finance settlement 2019 to 2020: written statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final report on GP partnerships published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Unknown warrior from World War 1 given final resting place MoD News 0
Wightsparker Final final farewell to Sea King? Current Affairs 1
W Communications Technician Final Stretch Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS News story: MOD submits final Typhoon proposal to Belgium MoD News 0
W AIB Questionnaire and Final Prep Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS News story: UK takes delivery of final F-35B Lightning this year MoD News 1
Ageing_Gracefully Final Book Comp of 2017 - WORD OF WAR Competitions 23
MoD_RSS News story: Final resting place of a Yorkshire born WW2 soldier killed in the 'Bridge too... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final plea to find Yorkshire family of World War 2 hero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Former HMS Illustrious set to sail on her final voyage MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Final effort to find family of World War 2 hero Clifford Granville Shaw MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Air Force World War 2 hero's final resting place identified MoD News 0
digger84 No more pay increments, final straw? Current Affairs 12
MoD_RSS News story: Final Army moves from Germany set for 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: SSRO publishes final version of compliance rating methodology MoD News 0
Stirlin HMS York makes final journey. The Quarterdeck 2
MoD_RSS News story: MOD announces final recipient of £40m Veterans Accommodation Fund MoD News 0
AuldYin HMS Illustrious final homecoming The Fleet 14
soleil NW Evening Mail: Falklands Veteran Sub Leaves Barrow And Embarks On Her Final Voyage Submariners 3
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth Soldiers Will Join Final Deployment To Afghanistan" Current Affairs 0