Final Book Comp of 2017 - WORD OF WAR

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Word of War by Terrence Strong is a novel set during the Arab Spring of 2011 and deals with an SAS unit operating in the country and a reporter trying to cover it all. The sub-title for the book is "The unrelenting battle between the Pen and the Sword".

The questions have been set by the author, the multi choice have been added by me. Your task is to work out which is correct which will need a bit of google-fu. I have tried to make the answers reasonably obvious but it will be interesting to see how you guys approach this.

The competition can be entered through here: Word of War

There are three copies available as prizes and the competition will run until Sunday 17th December (ish).

huwshpis

War Hero
In. I'm always up for a quiz.

BTW, just to add a little to the confusion, my former staff and a number of other people in the Caribbean call me 'AG'!

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
I can neither confirm nor deny that I have entered. Any information you may have to the contrary could be false.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
The comp has been extended by 24 hours so as I am away from home and my tablet has busted (Santa, take note) I can't access survey monkey. Monday afternoon it is then. Have a last minute go if you haven't already done so.

Sumo

War Hero
I can confirm I have not entered, putting Christmas tree up, will get back to you when I have entered the wrong answers

Last edited:

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Closed and drawn noqw and the winners are:

@WreckerL
@dhobyitch
@Cutaway

Well done, emails on the way, please get your details back to me as soon as you can.

The answers to the questions set by the author:

1. The aircraft that flew the team in is a Chinook

2. The SAS Unit was E Scquadron

3. The generic name for close protection operatives is "The Circuit"

There we go, last book competition for this year but there should be more in 2018.

Sumo

War Hero
Closed and drawn noqw and the winners are:

@WreckerL
@dhobyitch
@Cutaway

Well done, emails on the way, please get your details back to me as soon as you can.

The answers to the questions set by the author:

1. The aircraft that flew the team in is a Chinook

2. The SAS Unit was E Scquadron

3. The generic name for close protection operatives is "The Circuit"

There we go, last book competition for this year but there should be more in 2018.
sod missed it, next year then

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ageing_Gracefully Final September book competition - ORPHAN OF ISLAM Competitions 10
MoD_RSS Final phase of North East flood scheme starts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCA achieves highest rate of retailer compliance in final survey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Grenfell adviser appointed as final Grenfell Taskforce report published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final decision published in radio merger inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final local government finance settlement 2020 to 2021: written statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS School sponsored by LLW Repository Ltd reach national Lego League final MoD News 0
soleil ForcesNet: "John Inverdale Praises 'Really Good' Navy Rugby Final" Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS The final voyage of Captain Matthew Flinders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Arundel road improvements consultation enters final two weeks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Have your say on final details for the A417 Missing Link scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final nuclear fuel removed from last Magnox reactor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vancouver Marks Final Canadian Stop on Red Arrows Tour MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER The (maybe!) final days of Brexit - a pictorial history. Diamond Lil's 40
MoD_RSS History made as final fuel leaves iconic nuclear plant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theresa May's final speech as Prime Minister: 24 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation on major A428 upgrade to enter its final week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Persecution of Christians review: Foreign Secretary’s speech following the final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Work to start on final stage of £1 million pumping station overhaul MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Final step taken in CMA reform of investment consultants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Publication of the Airline Insolvency Review final report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Airline Insolvency Review final report MoD News 0
H Final Entry Briefing Joining the Royal Navy 25
MoD_RSS News story: 32 million people better off as key legislation passes final hurdle MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final round of Strategic College Improvement Fund opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Final local government finance settlement 2019 to 2020: written statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final report on GP partnerships published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Unknown warrior from World War 1 given final resting place MoD News 0
Wightsparker Final final farewell to Sea King? Current Affairs 1
W Communications Technician Final Stretch Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS News story: MOD submits final Typhoon proposal to Belgium MoD News 0
W AIB Questionnaire and Final Prep Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS News story: UK takes delivery of final F-35B Lightning this year MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Final resting place of a Yorkshire born WW2 soldier killed in the 'Bridge too... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final plea to find Yorkshire family of World War 2 hero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Former HMS Illustrious set to sail on her final voyage MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Final effort to find family of World War 2 hero Clifford Granville Shaw MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Air Force World War 2 hero's final resting place identified MoD News 0
digger84 No more pay increments, final straw? Current Affairs 12
MoD_RSS News story: Final Army moves from Germany set for 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: SSRO publishes final version of compliance rating methodology MoD News 0
Stirlin HMS York makes final journey. The Quarterdeck 2
MoD_RSS News story: MOD announces final recipient of £40m Veterans Accommodation Fund MoD News 0
AuldYin HMS Illustrious final homecoming The Fleet 14
soleil NW Evening Mail: Falklands Veteran Sub Leaves Barrow And Embarks On Her Final Voyage Submariners 3
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth Soldiers Will Join Final Deployment To Afghanistan" Current Affairs 0
B HMS Raleigh- final test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
T Final Tranche figures Current Affairs 0
soleil Herald Express: "Final Parade Of The Year At Britannia Royal Naval College" Bases / Shore Est 0
S Some final thoughts before Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4