Final Book Comp of 2017 - WORD OF WAR

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Word of War by Terrence Strong is a novel set during the Arab Spring of 2011 and deals with an SAS unit operating in the country and a reporter trying to cover it all. The sub-title for the book is "The unrelenting battle between the Pen and the Sword".

The questions have been set by the author, the multi choice have been added by me. Your task is to work out which is correct which will need a bit of google-fu. I have tried to make the answers reasonably obvious but it will be interesting to see how you guys approach this.

The competition can be entered through here: Word of War

There are three copies available as prizes and the competition will run until Sunday 17th December (ish).

huwshpis

Lantern Swinger
In. I'm always up for a quiz.

BTW, just to add a little to the confusion, my former staff and a number of other people in the Caribbean call me 'AG'!

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
The comp has been extended by 24 hours so as I am away from home and my tablet has busted (Santa, take note) I can't access survey monkey. Monday afternoon it is then. Have a last minute go if you haven't already done so.

I can confirm I have not entered, putting Christmas tree up, will get back to you when I have entered the wrong answers

Last edited:

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Closed and drawn noqw and the winners are:

@WreckerL
@dhobyitch
@Cutaway

Well done, emails on the way, please get your details back to me as soon as you can.

The answers to the questions set by the author:

1. The aircraft that flew the team in is a Chinook

2. The SAS Unit was E Scquadron

3. The generic name for close protection operatives is "The Circuit"

There we go, last book competition for this year but there should be more in 2018.

Closed and drawn noqw and the winners are:

@WreckerL
@dhobyitch
@Cutaway

Well done, emails on the way, please get your details back to me as soon as you can.

The answers to the questions set by the author:

1. The aircraft that flew the team in is a Chinook

2. The SAS Unit was E Scquadron

3. The generic name for close protection operatives is "The Circuit"

There we go, last book competition for this year but there should be more in 2018.
sod missed it, next year then