Films you really don't like (but actually do).

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Magda, Nov 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

I felt it was high time I started another thread. I also felt it was high time I showed the "true me". Prepare yourself.

I was prompted to start this thread by a conversation a few days ago with another member of this forum - when asked what I was watching on TV, I swithered over telling them something cool like The Firm, or actually admitting I was watching this:

You may wonder if I have lost my sanity by sharing this with the forum and world at large but then, many may contend that I had none to start with. I can tell anyone who had any vestige of respect remaining for me has now lost it, but hey ho, if I'm going down, I'm going down in style.

So - come on. Which films do you really really not like at all, but still, you know, watch when the wife/husband/partner/minion/boss is out for the evening? Anything with more than one X in the title or genre doesn't count. ;-)

I'd like to point out, however, that this is a spoof of the classic Cinderella story and I was brought up on this from the age of about 2. My favourite films are Lord of the Rings, the Bourne Series and I think George Lucas deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for bringing the world together in its love for Star Wars.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. My Girlly side :slow:

3. Any movie in which the familiys' pet dog croaks in the arms of the sobbing kids.
    Also had a tearful moment whilst watching "Greyfriars Bobby". True dit - no shit.

Welcome to Greyfriars Bobby

What I am really waiting for is the big screen adaptation of the classic Emmy,
    Grammy, Oscar and every-other-award-winning series "Prisoner -Cell Block H".

I am amazed that Mister Speilberg has not got his mitts on the film rights already.

An absolute milestone in television history. Box Office smash just waiting to happen.
  4. Billy you missed off "Goodbye Mr Chips" :-D:-D
  5. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

It haunts me still, the enforced watching of cheesy musicals at my Nan's. Traumatic to say the least, particularly when I still absent-mindedly start humming "Going Courtin' from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

Billy, I'm with you on Greyfriar's Bobby. Sniff.
  6. Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

7. One of the first films I saw after passing my Part 3. Having "JC Good egg" on kept me out of the Mess, Mrs TS Has em finding a new one on now, and its still shite.