Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Film Stars

seafarer1939

War Hero
Anyone ever met a film star in the mob?I haven't but my drinking oppo did tell John Mills that he had his lanyard on the wrong way whilst he was filming " The Baby and the Battleship" on the HMS Birmingham.
He got the "Do you know who I am" routine from him! My mate was 6'2" and a lean fighting machine and Mills was a bit short so he told him to Feck Off or something like that.Never reported though,lucky sod as some of these are prima donnas
Had another mate who was on the ship about an unlucky corvette with Trevor Howard but said it went OK with no tantrums and extra drinks all round on a regular basis.
 
A few oppos and myself ( cant remember if rumrat was with us) met Clint Eastwood at the Honky Fid Hilton when we were there on the Devonshire in the early 70`s,rumrat was probably down the Chinafleet club getting porkred or drunk or maybe both :D
 
Yep.

HMS Dundas '57 at Portland. Frankie Howerd and Shirley Eaton, filming 'Further Up The Creek'.
Of the two, Frankie turned out to be the most popular but, as an OD at the time, I couldn't fathom out why.

Jerry
 

tommo

War Hero
One of the CH(OPS)(M) on board the Glasgow was in Saving Private Ryan as an extra, He was one of the soldiers that got shot killed when climbing on the tank towards the end. Gen dit, all clips on
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
tommo said:
One of the CH(OPS)(M) on board the Glasgow was in Saving Private Ryan as an extra, He was one of the soldiers that got shot killed when climbing on the tank towards the end. Gen dit, all clips on

Know him well - Mark P. Was in many James Bond movies and has since made a living out of it since leaving the RN. Was a bodyguard in Batman Begins, too... :wink:
 

tommo

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
tommo said:
One of the CH(OPS)(M) on board the Glasgow was in Saving Private Ryan as an extra, He was one of the soldiers that got shot killed when climbing on the tank towards the end. Gen dit, all clips on

Know him well - Mark P. Was in many James Bond movies and has since made a living out of it since leaving the RN. Was a bodyguard in Batman Begins, too... :wink:

Yep that's him. Nice bloke, got on well with him

Edited He was on the Newcastle with me not the Glasgow
 

chockhead819

War Hero
Jon Pertwee autographed my cap at Birmingham New St station whilst escorting a bloke who had gone awol.
He told me that he should have been on the HOOD.
 

trelawney126

War Hero
chockhead819 said:
Jon Pertwee autographed my cap at Birmingham New St station whilst escorting a bloke who had gone awol.
He told me that he should have been on the HOOD.

Oliver Reed was pissed as a fidlers bitch on one of the messes on Fearless.When alongside in WI. Should have been going to the Wardroom C&A party but never made it. :lol:
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Saw Kevin Costner in a bar in Sydney in '95. I think he was promoting that terrible "Waterworld" movie. Also, Jonathan Ross and his other half in Amsterdam Red light district in '88.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
tiddlyoggy said:
Saw Kevin Costner in a bar in Sydney in '95. I think he was promoting that terrible "Waterworld" movie. Also, Jonathan Ross and his other half in Amsterdam Red light district in '88.

Window shopping? :wink:
 

Guzzler

War Hero
trelawney126 said:
chockhead819 said:
Jon Pertwee autographed my cap at Birmingham New St station whilst escorting a bloke who had gone awol.
He told me that he should have been on the HOOD.

Oliver Reed was pissed as a fidlers bitch on one of the messes on Fearless.When alongside in WI. Should have been going to the Wardroom C&A party but never made it. :lol:

I once shagged a bird who said Ollie had done her.

I'm quite proud of that.

I also know someone who was in 'that' bar in Malta when Ollie popped his clogs. When I say 'someone' I mean everyone who I've ever met who was on the Cumberland during that deployment.

Or even not during it.
 

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
saw Robert Kilroy Silk and the one out of corrie that has just died/got cancer? In Gib early 1990s,they were on the QE2.
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
witsend said:
tiddlyoggy said:
Saw Kevin Costner in a bar in Sydney in '95. I think he was promoting that terrible "Waterworld" movie. Also, Jonathan Ross and his other half in Amsterdam Red light district in '88.

Window shopping? :wink:

Me or him? :wink: Tell you what though, I had my hand in plaster at the time and the miserable twa* wouldn't sign my plaster. :x
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
tiddlyoggy said:
witsend said:
tiddlyoggy said:
Saw Kevin Costner in a bar in Sydney in '95. I think he was promoting that terrible "Waterworld" movie. Also, Jonathan Ross and his other half in Amsterdam Red light district in '88.

Window shopping? :wink:

Me or him? :wink: Tell you what though, I had my hand in plaster at the time and the miserable twa* wouldn't sign my plaster. :x

I'm sure Jonathan was shopping with the Mrs, :lol: but you never know. :roll:
 

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
witsend said:
I'm sure Jonathan was shopping with the Mrs, :lol: but you never know. :roll:

Being matelots we all came to the same conclusion, Jonny looking to pay for a bit of girl on girl! :)
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not film stars but had a quick hello, how are you with David Coultrad on Renown, early 90's in Roysth. Watched Rory Mcgrath climb out of the MAH on superB, which is on his TV show Best of Britain or something.
 

trelawney126

War Hero
witsend said:
Not film stars but had a quick hello, how are you with David Coultrad on Renown, early 90's in Roysth. Watched Rory Mcgrath climb out of the MAH on superB, which is on his TV show Best of Britain or something.

Peter Cook & Dudley Moore on the old Ark. The final scene was a piano being catted off with two dummies dressed in evening dress. The set was prepared the evening before and when they came to do the filming some matelot had nicked the evening dress suits.. :lol:
Witsend glad to see you reverted back to your old self.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Whatever do you mean trelawney, I meet and greet Liberace every night in my dreams. Next week Mathew I'll be Elton John.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New film shows importance of ventilation to reduce spread of COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health Secretary warns of long-term effects of COVID-19 as new film released MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £500 million Film and TV Production Restart Scheme officially opens from today MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Film and TV production kickstart scheme - GAD case study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD helps kickstart UK film and TV productions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Selected sporting events, TV and film exempt from quarantine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pat Butler reappointed as Governor of the British Film Institute MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inquiry finds mismanagement at charity that funded failed film project MoD News 0
soleil Film: 'Greyhound', starring Tom Hanks - 1942 - A Convoy Edges Across The Atlantic - Release Date: May 2020 History 3
MoD_RSS £500 million boost for UK film industry from US firm MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jay Hunt, Michael Birshan, and Eleanor Whitley appointed as Governors of the British Film Institute. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS International Human Rights Day Film Festival in Luxembourg MoD News 0
soleil FB: Green Dagger - A Film By 40 Commando Royal Marines The Corps 0
MoD_RSS Film and TV apprenticeships launched as new Charter pledges greater diversity in Creative Industries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad announces the launch of the Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict (PSVI) Film Competition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PSVI Film Festival: Fighting Stigma Through Film MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Fighting the stigma of sexual violence: Lord Ahmad launches film festival MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PSVI Film Festival: Fighting Stigma Through Film MoD News 0
soleil Forces Network: "Why We Love The Spitfire: Cinema Film Explores Her Place In Our Hearts" History 0
Pingerson 1970's FAA Aircrew Arctic Survival Training Film The Fleet Air Arm 1
D 'Remembrance' 1982 film screening in Plymouth Nov 2017 The Quarterdeck 3
janner Pathe Film(s) History 19
MoD_RSS News story: Post-war wedding film brings generations together for Armistice Day MoD News 0
BillyNoMates A training film. History 9
Seaweed Film of S/Lts under training about 30 years ago. History 2
Topstop A nice bit of music, a sobering film. Motoring 4
K Hms endurance 2005 work period film Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
J What film is this... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
jesse Black and white 1950s film clasics Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 7
Topstop Locations in film Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 53
soleil Coventry Telegraph: "Sinking Of HMS Coventry To Be Made Into Cinema Film" History 22
jesse Help, anybody know the title of the theme music to the 1956 film "The March Hare"? Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 5
security_geek Dryad produced WWIII film eighties vintage The Quarterdeck 1
Scouse_Castaway Passchendaele (Film) Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
S RM Band Recruiting Film, circa 1983-84 History 4
sussex2 Your favourite film... Diamond Lil's 6
soleil Reelshow: The RN, a film cameraman and a survival suit ..... The Fleet Air Arm 3
N 'Big budget' porn film shot in London hospital Diamond Lil's 10
tommo Aboves the waves today Film 4 Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
themonkeyg0d Name that film?.................... The Quarterdeck 19
Merlin28 War film help Hobbies & The Great Indoors 26
S Free film on iTunes The Internet - Best and Worst 1
J The best film for a wafty crank. Diamond Lil's 27
wunt_be_druv Remembrance...Channel 4 film The Quarterdeck 34
scouse Your Favourite Film Quotes Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 203
sgtpepperband New film released in Scotland... Diamond Lil's 33
sgtpepperband Road Safety Film: "Texting While Driving" Motoring 4
Binnie recently released film Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
WhizzbangDai New Star TREK Film Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 14
sgtpepperband Cool Film, Cool Soundtrack Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 33
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top