Fight for Queen & Country!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by buffer01, Mar 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Government - Yes

100.0%
  2. MOD - Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Government - No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. MOD - No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. We're all here fighting for Queen and Country, some of us of course have other reasons. Honour, justice, code, family. Its what we currently sign for on the dotted line.
    However, as the country's gone mad and is deporting Gurkhas and welcoming rapists and terrorists, its not really our country. Or if we were to become a republic, would you fight for the the Ministry Of Defence or the Government? Yes or No?

2. Think you should amend your poll to include additional options. MOD is too wide a group as it includes spineless civil serpents.

Fight for Military (Oppos), Family, Queen and Country??

SF

3. He did say "republic" in the fabric of the question. Still a fair point, though, as the MoD is responsible to the Government.

4. I'm with you on the "Fight for Military (Oppos), Family, Queen and Country" although we are now apparently a part of, if not totally run by those unelected Bastards in Brussels!

So, just to confirm my stand on this:
    I will fight, to the death if necessary, for my Family, my Brothers in Arms (both past and present), my Queen and my Country which is the United Kingdom of Great Britain!

No doubt I can now expect a knock on the door for being unpatriotic towards our Europenis rulers!

OSD

5. Oppos aye, MOD never, Government???!!! o_O Are you mad?

6. Oldseadog..... Are you Seadog's dad/seadad? :bball:

7. You trying to ruin my reputation??

Don't ask me if I'm Seadog's dad - ask him who his mother was and where she was at the time!!

It's a lie! Honest Guv, we weren't doing anything after that pissup at Whaley! We weren't even there! Ask anyone!

And it was before the CSA got involved!

OSD

8. :lol:

Poor Seadog! :cuddle:

9. Retard question... what does (Oppos) mean? :p

10. Opposums to you! ...it's naval code for SHEEP :dwarf:

11. oooo thanx, guess i'll pick these things up with time! :D

:thumright:

12. I knew it as 'opposite number' as in pals/mates etc..

Steve, stop winding people up or we'll set the MODs on you !!

:)

13. Thingy. You're a very naughty boy!

14. Fair point SF, maybe I should have been a little clearer. By MOD, I mean anyone who doesn't wear the uniform of Her Majesty the Queen.
    And as for Government, take it as read that I mean those, of whichever party, have their noses in the trough in Westminster, the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly.

15. Yes for family, friends, and Country (to a point), and yes for the basic freedoms we all enjoy.
    OVERALL, YES FOR THE CORPS !

It's just a pity we have to be dictated to by chinless government gobshites

16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I fight for (in order or importance):

a. The right to paaaarty!
    b. A space at the bar at Last Orders
    c. Branch member
    d. Messmate
    e. Shipmate
    f. Harry's 'Blue & White' Army!

:thumright:

17. Mad Mitch once stated fight for Queen and country.

I would fight for my regiment not sure about anything else.

His other quote.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Mitchell was determined that there would not be a repetition of the murders of the 20th of June and promised his men that no Argyll would ever be left to die in Crater. He informed all his officers and RSM McKernen that if the situation ever occurred they were to counter attack without waiting for permission from himself. It was an order sent all the way down the line. " If you have no ammunition you are to go in with the bayonet. It's better that the whole Battalion dies in Crater to rescue one Jock then that any one of us come out alive".

The occupants of Crater started to realize that there was a new boss in town. Mitchell arranged for a rumour to be spread saying that the Argylls were wild Bedouin tribesmen from the far off hills of Scotland who would get very rough if provoked. The Argylls on patrol encouraged this rumour. All the Argyll officers wore blue shirts, a tradition dating back to pre-war service in India. Because of the blue shirts, one local rumour that was spread by Arabs in the local bazaar was that the Argylls were in fact a Jewish penal battalion and the ones in the blue shirts were the Rabbis! On the 13th of July Mitchell was told that the Battalion was to attend a ceremonial parade at the Arab Armed Police Barracks. The higher authorities felt it would be good to help rebuild the status of the ex-mutineer s, the Arab Armed Police, who were responsible for the 20th of June murders. General Tower was to take the salute. This parade left a bad taste in every Argyll mouth. Mitchell ordered that kilts should be worn at the parade with orders to shoot anything not wearing a kilt if they stepped out of line.

18. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm struggling to find the point to this thread. Is the MOD not an arm of the government and hence you fight for both. Since when are rapists welcomed into the country and what does "its not really our country" mean. :help:

19. Witsend

Might I refer you back to my previous comment

OSD

"I'm with you on the "Fight for Military (Oppos), Family, Queen and Country" although we are now apparently a part of, if not totally run by those unelected Bastards in Brussels!

So, just to confirm my stand on this:
    I will fight, to the death if necessary, for my Family, my Brothers in Arms (both past and present), my Queen and my Country which is the United Kingdom of Great Britain!

No doubt I can now expect a knock on the door for being unpatriotic towards our Europenis rulers!"

20. You get the order you go. FACT. The gobment makes the decision, we go, the MOD is part of the make up so dry your eyes sunshine and get your best apple catchers on. My personal preference is to fight with and for the bloke/bird beside me rather than a cause. Always has and always will be. Jesus I sound like an elmer!!!!!!!!!!