Field Gun

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by montfish, Jun 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the ins and outs of us Bootnecks being banned from competing in field gun? and what are the rules regarding it? any help would be appreciated

2. Because you'd beat the sh1t out of us you muppet :D :D

3. lol no i know we got banned a while ago for boring out the barrell to make the gun lighter, but i mean i ran in the collingwood competition this weekend (as did a few other bootnecks for various teams) so what are the limitations to us competing? (basically i want to enter a bootneck team next year and i need to see what loophole there is to get round the ban)

4. I've PM'd you with some info and a point of Contact.

5. not received???

6. I think you'll find that Booties were not allowed to run command field gun.
    I don't think there is any such restriction on brickwoods.
    After all pongos are now entering teams.

7. The booties were banned from Brickwoods many years ago for the reason given above by Montfish and that ban remains in place. Royals are allowed to run as part of a crew though and some did run this year and a Royal ran for Collingwood crew back in 2001 if memory serves me right.

Weirdly enough the Royal Marines Light Infantry won the first ever competition in 1907.

8. Maybe something to do with levels of fitness?

Booties are hard-core fit as part of their existance

Jack on the other hand.........Well!

Time limited training before the runs...Brickwoods, that is

9. I've PM'd you again. Hopefully it works this time. Brigham's correct that you can run for other crew's, however it might be time to challenge the ban. If the Crabs and Tri Service Scablifters can run then perhaps Royal should be represented?

10. PM'd back.

yea thats definately the intention, however need to see exactly how the ban is worded ie i know it can't say "no royal at all" cos like i said i know there were at least 4 running on various teams (me included!) but if all we need is a matelot officer as FGO (to stop us conducting after hours metal workshop practise!) then i don't see why that can't be arranged

and to be fair fitness only seems to play a small part in it, i mean our team wasn't massively fit and we ran a 1:25 clean!! (once)

11. What do you mean "Jack"ain't fit?

I'll have you know I used to walk the full length of a GMD at least twice a day.
    I f*ckin had to, I lived in 3E and the dining hall was down aft.
    Unfit really behave........................................................ 8O :D

12. FFS Royal that is quick :wink: :wink: :wink: You just smashed Devonports world record of 2 Min 40.43 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Which team were you in Montfish?

14. scouse we were running brickwoods not command!!!

brigham i was running with Caledonia

15. Ha!Ha! you dont say Sherlock!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: Round the world go Royal!!! what kept you??? thought you said twice Sarge :roll: :roll:

16. lol nice bite jack!!

17. Nice! :lol: