FHM does Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Drakey, Sep 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just to give a bit of an insight on some of the more exciting aspects of training.
    A reporter from FHM visited RALEIGH this summer and took on the challenge of the assault course at Pier Cellars and the DRIU.

His experience was filmed and is now available here and here.
  2. Damn that looks fun. Great videos :)
  3. i cant wait to start my training i got excited watching these videos. great videos
  4. I remember doing that prior joining Endurance and its fecking awsome, even better if you go boozing the night before cause you get told you did'nt need to do it.
  5. One of the guys on my RNAC course was in the assualt course video. Cracking!
  6. Brings back memories!!

Harbour was full, had to swim across it, bloody freezing in Dec 85!!
  7. I was at pier cellars when he did the assault course! He was rubbish lol, the guy that pushed him when he got in the water got told off too. Would like it next time if they sent some females down :D
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good stuff.

Nice to see some positive RN public relations, well done Raleigh.
  9. Good PR for Pusser.

I don't recall doing an obstacle course at Peir Cellers. I do recall being fcuking cold and pissed off at how dirty and ramshackle the place was. Mind you it was back in March '83 and far too much sea has passed under my bridge.