Few questions regarding potentially joining RN

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by DarrenBrewster, Nov 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Apologies if this has been asked numerous times but I have searched all over the forum and havent found what I am looking for

I have taken a RT test back in 2010 and I think I got what will be considered quite a good score. I have recently applied for the RFA (expecting some stick off the navy faithful for mentioning this). I havent received anything confirming if I have been succesful but have a niggling feeling I havent been succesful.

I was just wondering if that RT score would still be valid for a potential application for the RN. I appreciate the waiting lists depends on different branches but is anyone aware of the general waiting lists to join. I am quite interested in becoming a weapons engineer

2. I believe that the RT score is only valid for 1 year. But I may be wrong.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The Recruiting Test remains valid 3 years - in other words you have to commence training before 3 years have elapsed.

Gawd knows why, I can only assume you turn into a pumpkin or something as GCSE's, A Levels & Degrees don't have a sell-by.

4. I applied 3 years ago I've had two fitness test, two medicals and I will have to re take the RT test as it has expired pain in the arse but worth it for the outcome!

5. Aircraft handler or as they say on here chockhead

6. Yes, Jan 27th