Festival Of Remembrance

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by RadioSilence, Nov 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone else watching the Festival of Remembrance at the moment? Every so aften they show the PM, and he looks positively bored! Plus, there was one time the camera panned over him and he wasn't even bothering to keep ion time with the clapping along to the beat of the RM Band! How the hell can this man stand there and say all that crap about doing as much as possible for our troops, when he can't even force himself to look interested while the deaths of so many said troops are remembered?

On a much happier note, this was the first time I have ever seen the RM Band, and they were brilliant!
  2. Andrew looked bored too.
  3. Andrew still bored but Broon is at least singing
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

And as the FOR is still on air, you aren't exactly paying attention yourself....are you?
  5. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

You too!
  6. The Royal Marines Band,still the best in the world!

Sunset,you just can't beat it. Blub blub
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

The 'three cheers for HM' reminds everyone who our CinC is.

God bless Her Majesty.
  8. I swear that the service gets more poignant every year - that was superb.

God Bless them all.
  9. Too true, and if the Queen needs saving I cannot think of any one better qualified or capable, than God, to do it
  10. If we need the services of an imaginary friend, it's tits up for us all!
  11. I blubbed for the last 20 minutes.......
  12. If it gives people comfort or support.
  13. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

As an official 'Old B'stard, I was very emotional when Hayley Westernrer sang 'We'll Meet Again'. Especially with Dame Vera looking on. It brought back memories of the long ago. This years service seemed much more emotional. Maybe it was the immediacy of the conflict in progress at this time. God Bless them all I say.
  14. I thought it was a song about rationing "Whale meat again"

Must admit I had something in my eye :oops:
  15. I was so close to as well! I've never been as affected by watching this before - don't know whether it's animprovement in the service, or because I'm more aware of everything now, but I was really impressed by the whole thing.

God bless each and every one of them!
  16. Totally agree
  17. I cant see your reasoning there .Surely if there is a god in the first place there would be no wars no people going starving .I am an ex serviceman and and very proud of that i will always support my country ,but i am not a royalist at all.I serve my country not the queen
  18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I served my Queen and my country, I put myself in harms way for my mates. No drama, no debate.
  19. God gave us free will so we could develop, a bit like children setting out from under their parents protection. Unfortunately not all people on earth want to strive for the common good, hence you get inequalities and strife. We then have to go in and sort it out. That's how I see it anyway.

I serve my Queen - a historical accident maybe, but far better than any of the alternatives.

To be fair to the TV coverage of Brown - isn't the whole event pre-recorded and spliced together? It was years ago and there are many takes to get things to look right (though a member of my Division that took part many years ago said they picked the worst take of them marching down into the arena for the actual programme!). They may well have just inserted a 'stock' piece of coverage of the PM and not noticed it was out of sync.
  20. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

So PT, your saying there may well be bits of TV footage out there of GB looking happy, relaxed and confident around British servicemen? Well, hats off to the media for keeping those shots a secret.