Ferry Chatterbox

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by jambosun, May 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a short message to say thank you to the female cycling sailor on the Gosport Ferry this morning:

Thank you for talking incessantly from start to finish. I am delighted that the XO thinks so highly of you and that you have your relief squared away and the ship's programme includes Chile and that it gets back on 21 Dec and that you will have 8 months maternity leave and your oppos wife is under the 'old scheme' and you don't trust that JPA etc etc. I've never known anyone impart so much information so quickly, you do indeed have an impressive speed of tongue but please remember that us mere men are a) not particularly communicative at that time of the morning or b) just (trying) to enjoy the peace and quiet of the day as the sun rises over Portsmouth.

PS . My ears have stopped bleeding now and it wasn't even me you were talking to - unfortunately there was nowhere to escape to.

2. Good to see OPSEC is alive and well on the Gosport Ferry, right up there with taxis in Helensburgh!

3. Just remember its POET'S Day ..... :D

ps; Ship - Chile - OPSEC ?

4. I obviously got a different ferry, thank god!

5. See under haemotympanium

6. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

PMSL - I miss Pompey, and baby sailors....

7. In my day she would have been boasting about the young officer she had trapped at the Pomme D'Or the night before