Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Female Sailors

Jenny_Dabber said:
janner said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
I hated being labelled a Wren!

However, our No1's are slighty shaped differently to the guys ones. And I agree the uniform does nothing for us!

As a bloke, I'm sure you did 8O

Listen, I'll take you round the back of the lockers sunny boy! I ain't a dude and I know you are only saying this for photographic proof!! Ask PTP!

Not at all, I believe I have seen a photo in the Gallery 8O

janner said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
janner said:
Jenny_Dabber said:

However, our No1's are slighty shaped differently to the guys ones. And I agree the uniform does nothing for us!

Listen, I'll take you round the back of the lockers sunny boy! I ain't a dude and I know you are only saying this for photographic proof!! Ask PTP!

WHAT!!!!!!! Where!!

Nozzer square rig good for recruiting,yes male surely,best uniform ever for pulling, are you insinuating,jenny does too?for me it was the old uniform,christ it must be like pulling your oppo.

Agree best uniform for pulling , pulled a few bonny lasses in rig , pulled a few not's so bonny as well i must admit , but only after a couple of sherbits , memmeries .

dondon said:
Agree best uniform for pulling , pulled a few bonny lasses in rig , pulled a few not's so bonny as well i must admit , but only after a couple of sherbits , memmeries .

Memmeries ---------------- fink you should have said Mammaries 8O 8O

Greenie said:
dondon said:

Memmeries ---------------- fink you should have said Mammaries 8O 8O
Mammaries and memories Greenie . :roll:

A few years back the Yanks changed to all being in Tiffies rig, there was so many conplaints that after about a year they were back in there old rig.

Jenny_Dabber said:
janner said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
janner said:
Jenny_Dabber said:

WHAT!!!!!!! Where!!

:lol:

fish-head said:
The term Wren is no longer in use, officially, in the RN. Split-arses however ;)

Sorry ladies.

Although it can still be used 'unofficially'. Over the years it is thought it will die out.

Some of those who've joined post 1990 will be unaware that being in the Wrens used to be almost an honour. With a waiting list standing at 2 years in the late '80s, it was best to have 3 'A' Levels to guarantee entry (as a rating). All Wren Officers did Raleigh intially too.

dondon said:
I just love the damp patch's , and must agree , most of them look like a bag of shite , but then again so do most of the blokes , bring back the old rig , 5 or 7 creases in the trolleys , i could only manage 5 , being a bit of a short arse.

Did you try using your station card and not your pay book?

Never thought of that , to late now though , can well remember getting my cap well worn in , and bending it down at the sides , then I felt like a real Matelot , I got it so soft you could put it in your pocket , well nearly , I bet there's load's of blokes out there did the same , all strutting there stuff down the strip in guzz , still live in guzz , but would'nt dream of going down the strip now , could'nt handle the shite or the noise anymore .

dondon said:
Never thought of that , to late now though , can well remember getting my cap well worn in , and bending it down at the sides , then I felt like a real Matelot , I got it so soft you could put it in your pocket , well nearly , I bet there's load's of blokes out there did the same , all strutting there stuff down the strip in guzz , still live in guzz , but would'nt dream of going down the strip now , could'nt handle the shite or the noise anymore .

Ditto mate just the idea of going down there nowadays fills me with dread chavs and thugs everywhere the place has gone to pot and there is not a lot left in fact lots more on mutely now

sidon55 said:
higthepig said:
Two things come to mind why are they still called WRENS?Are they not Royal Navy now instead of womens royal navy?And can someone explain to me why they wear a sailor suit,are we the only navy on earth where that happens?Its just that i saw one on the news today,and what a bag of shit she looked,the female form is surely not suited to it,what was wrong with the uniform they used to wear?Icant think of a Logical answer ,but no doubt someone will start to put me in the picture as uaual,no abuse please im an OAP,and delicate.

No your not the only Navy that have women in mens outfits. The Oz navy also have the females in sailors rig, complete with those stupid oval caps
wonder if the modern lads and lasses can do the silk, the old way ?

Latest Threads