Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Female Medical Examination

pammi2010

Midshipman
hey guys newish to this, i have my medical tomorrow and been trying to find out what its like what happens ect, been told a few storys about female one that am not sure of anyone know anything would be thankful :)

thats everythings the same as males except a smeer test?!, also got told if your not comfey with male doctor you can ask for female?:S

as far as I know you can have a chaparone with you - in the case of a female patient I would have thought that would have happened anyway for both parties'protection.

I'm male and I was examined by a female doctor. There was a sign in the AFCO which said that a male chaperone was available if I wanted and I seem to recall the letter saying I could bring someone along.

Personally, I wasn't bothered by having a female doctor, but I don't think anybody would be offended if you wanted a chaperone.

I doubt everything's the same. It's unlikely your testicles will be checked for abnormal lumps.

It was a pretty simple hearing, heart rate and blood pressure, peak flow, mobility, lungs, cough please and urine test. The majority of it is in your underwear so wear something sensible, but again I think the letter makes this clear.

I'm female, had my medical a month or two back and it's just the things Toucan mentioned at the end of his post. There is no smear test or anything like that. A female nurse came into the room when I was asked to take my jeans off but you can take a friend or family member in with you if you feel it necessary!

Toucan said:
It's unlikely your testicles will be checked for abnormal lumps.

Phew!

Thanks soleil, I was getting worried about having another smear test 8O Good luck tomorrow, as toucan said it seems to just be an MOT type of affair. Just remember to wear respectable underwear and take up the offer of a lady chapearone (sp?) if you feel uncomfortable!

The medical is a simple sieve in which we can sift out those who are actually unsuitable, identify those who may have some problem (quite a few people actually) which can be then investigated and the fully fit.

There are a few absolute bars to entry - but go in there happy and don't worry...

RNAC Staff

I'm happy to put myself out and do a "pre-medical" for all female applicants, get you used to stripping off in front of a stranger and getting prodded etc prior to the big day.

No need to thank me.

wet_blobby said:
I'm happy to put myself out and do a "pre-medical" for all female applicants, get you used to stripping off in front of a stranger and getting prodded etc prior to the big day.

No need to thank me.
Trust you to lower the tone!
Pammi, Blobbs is in no way qualified to perform pre Naval Medical Examinations or PERVE (Pre Exam Reveals Venal Expectations) as it's also known.
I however have a St John Workplace First Aid Certificate and so am more than qualified to PERVE you.
As I'm in New Zealand you'll have to send photos, suitably disrobed of course, for me to carry out the exam. I'll let you know the results via return PM. :wink:

Oiy NZB......I'm FA2 trained I'll have you know, I also have an extensive knowledge of various female body shapes. I've kind of focused on the plus size 16 but have had brief encounters with smaller sizes.

You can always tell when the New Zealand contingent have seen-off the second bottle of wine :D

You two are like menstruating Nuns; synchronised crayonning from years of living together :wink:

wet_blobby said:
Oiy NZB......I'm FA2 trained I'll have you know, I also have an extensive knowledge of various female body shapes. I've kind of focused on the plus size 16 but have had brief encounters with smaller sizes.
Well that takes the biscuit, you're obviously sizist, not a good start for dealing with ladies wishing to join the RN,( 8O ) as well as a "Medical professional" willing to exploit their position for your own twisted sexual gratification.
Unlike me of course.
I shall be reporting you to the Red Cross First Aid Training Council, you'll no doubt be hearing from the Professional Standards Board soon.