Female Court Shoes??

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by fruitcake92, Feb 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I've noticed on the joining kit list it says that females need to buy court shoes for their uniform and mess dress. Any girls out there that can tell me what I'm looking for or where I can get them??

Yes I'm bracing myself for the banter about girls and shoes!

2. You have the wrong joining instructions love. That's the one for Lympstone.

3. Hi Fruitcake!

It means something like this:

Womens Smart Shoes - Cash Crop in Black Leather from Clarks Shoes

This one is good as it is leather (leather a good choice); your courts need to be plain and without topstitching and with a modest heel; my only worry is the height of the heel on this one, as it looks a trifle higher than ideal, but you get the idea.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  4. Think British Airways female cabin crew type and you won't go far wrong. Otherwise, as has already been mentioned ask any bootneck!

5. Thanks everyone, this is really helpful! =]

6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Just click your heels together 3 times and make a wish.

[​IMG]

7. Fruitcake

I've just consulted BRd 81 Naval Service Uniform Regulations and it says:

"Court shoes; height of heel is not to exceed 1 1/2” or 3.8 cm",

so I would bear that in mind.

8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I am available to help with any measuring and fitting required :slow:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just to keep us all on our toes, BR81 has recently been merged into BR3, that all encompassing book for bed-time reading, now available in its latest format on the RN website once again back in the public domain. Yea verily, I say unto you, Uniform Regulations are under BR3, Chapter 39: http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/upload/pdf/br3/br3book/prelims.pdf

Zzzzzzzz.:sleepy2:

10. Incoming horny old farts.

11. OK I know I now get to be listed as an Old Fart, but does Pusser not issue shoes anymore?

12. They do but not all of them it seems. Blokes don't have a problem.

13. I hadn't realised you were actually a bootneck!

14. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Ah so it's probably a good idea that I don't take these in 4 different colours with me to Raleigh/BRNC if I'm lucky enough to pass my Sift/AIB?

shoes.JPG

Shame.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  15. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Hush before your caught, humour has now been expunged.

16. There used to be lots of people wearing shoes like that down Union Street.
    Most of them truck drivers/dockers etc..but hey ho! nothing's perfect.

17. If you go to Page 11 of Ninja's BR3 link, you can click on the Chapter Headings in blue and see what was previously contained in BRd81.

18. That's better.

19. This must be for female grunters surely?
    If not, why aren't female Ratings issued with dress/court shoesb if they're expected to wear them.
    In the Corps we had AP, DMS (InMyDay!) and a spiffy pair of shoes for wearing with Lovats when AP boots weren't required ie HQ Duties or interview sans cafe et gateaux.
    Royals Court shoes had to be purchased from your own funds, except when on ceremonials at BucK House when they were issued from Coy Stores.