Female Aircrew

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Cullie, Jan 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

Just a query about what jobs are open to female aircrew. I know of a few female Pilots but once successful what jobs are open to them?

I was under the impression that they couldn't serve in a front line environment which would rule Harriers out as they are prominently based in a front line base I.E. Afghanistan & 801S ??

Does this mean female Pilots are recruited for "non-warfare" types i.e Search and Rescue or the old Falkands Lynx job?

Any ideas?
  2. Serving on the frontline - Women are now only excluded from the frontline in an infantry type role e.g. RAF Regiment, Army, Marines. Women are also excluded from serving on subs. Serving on the frontline in a jet or helo is allowed.

There are many female aircrew - the first RN Harrier lady has started at Wittering so there you go! I know a few other FJ types in the RAF.
  3. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Female aircrew have all posts/appointments open to them. Worked in AFG last year when the crabs had a very nice female harrier pilot.

FAA have a few female pilots and observers doing rotary. Crabs have a few tornado female aircrew and Nimrod/Hercules, most likely they are spread across all Ac types.
  4. My bold, concur with that man. I've heard in her case a few of the lineys pay particular attention to the crotch straps on their seat tidys. Sickos :crazy:
  5. Where? :cyclops:
  6. Where geographically or where on the strap? If it's the first you said it already, if it's the second I'm not drawing pictures, but I may sell some.

I forgot to mention, my avatar is a liney learning the trade of strapping females in.
  7. Nooo - sorry didn't make it clear enough!

I'm not a man....

Your avatar is hilarious though ;)