Feeling hard done by

seafarer1939

War Hero
Feeling hard done by?fed up?think things could be better?spare a thought for Seaman Mackay.
In 1794 he was on a small sloop and taken prisoner by two French Frigates.
Forced to march a hundred miles to a prison he endured a lot,he tried to escape a few times,always was caught despite speaking French,and paid the price in punishment.
Fell in love with a French girl but she died of Smallpox,he tried again to escape and eventually after 4 years trying he made it to Germany.
From Cuxhaven he caught a packet to Yarmouth and finally sat down in a pub for a pint of real ale.
He was then press ganged and sent to the West Indies!
I hope he survived as nearly a third of all RN sailors died of Yellow Jack[Yellow Fever] until one of the most enlightened Captains and Surgeons realised that, whilst laying off shore no one caught Yellow Jack.
A big break through.
Next time you are down think of poor old seaman Mackay!

2_deck_dash

War Hero
That's nothing. I once had to do a long morning watch followed by all day on part of ship followed by the long first on my sodding 18th birthday. 24 hours non stop work is for winners. I also got the shits once in Mumbai.

seafarer1939

War Hero
Hard luck son! I remember Mumbai,went ashore with my mate who looked a bit tanned,well more than tanned part Indian I suspected.
I thought being blond haired I would have no trouble,as in Africa,S.America,Spain etc anywhere where blond hair was unusual I scored big time,in Sweden,Norway,Finland etc I may as well have stayed on board ship, it was barren.
Anyway we walked into a bar and I chatted up a gorgeous Indian air hostess,she decided my mate was a better bet so he shagged her,much to my annoyance.
Six months later he was still confined to the ship struck down by a dose of clap so bad they couldn't cure it!Eventually he went to hospital but I am thankful I missed that leg over as in that six months we visited some great runs ashore but not for him.
Felt sorry for him but pretty lucky for me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Press release: ‘Let’s Talk Loneliness’ campaign launched to tackle stigma of feeling alone MoD News 0
S On Leave From HMS Raleigh And Feeling Like I've Made A Mistake Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
SquidlyDiddly Went for eye test today, feeling pretty gutted. Health & Fitness 6
TeddyT That Sinking Feeling: Iran’s Anti-Ship Missile Array Current Affairs 11
MG Maniac That Oh Sh*t feeling! - what was yours????? Diamond Lil's 8
soleil Mail: "Why Submariners Are Prone To That Stinking Feeling" Submariners 5
T US anti-British feeling Current Affairs 53
soleil Navy News: "Portland Enjoys That Falklands Feeling" The Fleet 0
S Feeling lucky? The Gash Barge 0
GSSR_Vvd Is it normal to miss that feeling of being on deployment? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
toejam im feeling smug The Gash Barge 14
golden_rivet feeling sheepish The Gash Barge 10
The_Wonderer we are feeling robbed The Gash Barge 8
W Feeling all empty inside SCC and URNU 8
rosinacarley Feeling miserable, need some moral support? The Quarterdeck 13
MoD_RSS eAlert: 15 May 2020 - working hard to provide our services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Soft power with a hard edge: harnessing the benefits of fast-moving markets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action cameras help teams to inspect hard-to-reach structures MoD News 0
J Eye Test results in hard copy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Foreign Office ramps up support for ‘hard to reach’ Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Avoiding a hard border in Northern Ireland in a no deal scenario MoD News 0
couper172 Hard choice to make ! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS Speech: Hard as well as soft power: the case for modern defence MoD News 0
W How hard is it to become a pilot? The Fleet Air Arm 20
WannabeAdmiral Exercising on hard floors Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Jacobus Hard not to be moved by this. Vale History 1
chrismonc87 Why is it so hard to run with cold and blocked nose!! Health & Fitness 32
Merlin28 Why is a sea draft so hard to get The Quarterdeck 33
T Hard of Hearing Blue Jokes 0
BillyNoMates They're not as hard as they like to make out. Diamond Lil's 18
wet_blobby The hard working Marines on HMS Fearless... The Corps 34
X.R.D Gimme your hard earned!!! Charity 17
soleil Mail: "Hard-Up MoD Spends £9 Million On Recruitment... Despite Laying Off Staff" Current Affairs 5
soleil Mail: "One Pranged Sub Etc - How The Hard-Up MoD Wasted £110m Of Our Money" Current Affairs 5
soleil Navy News: "Commandos Keeping Insurgents In Check – But Still 'Hard Work To Be Done'" The Corps 0
The_Caretaker Hard Miscellaneous 0
C Hard Decision!!!!!! Submariners 23
stan_the_man my hard as fcuk cat Diamond Lil's 8
M hard to reach information for new applicants The Gash Barge 2
2_deck_dash My pussy is hard as nails. Diamond Lil's 13
JonnoJonno SF hard-on thread Diamond Lil's 29
T Is Raleigh considered hard? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
soleil 1SL defends Navy and insists Britain must keep 'hard power' Current Affairs 16
Clown_Puncher Smoking: Big, hard AND clever Diamond Lil's 23
NotmeChief ‘Todger-chop woman's sentence depends on hard evidence’ The Quarterdeck 3
K Hard Drive Help Bloody Computers 7
Montigny_La_Palisse Think Bruno's funny? He's not a patch on Hard Gay. Hooo! Diamond Lil's 7
trelawney126 Hello mum this is going to be hard for you to read Current Affairs 19
Scarface2009 find it hard to loose fat Health & Fitness 11
T Hard pressed bankers vs the rest Current Affairs 11