feel ill just before joining!

I'm joining up sunday, but I've got a bit of the "runs" if you know what I mean. What happens if I still have this on sunday? Will I be sent home? Back classed and told to come back next week? Or even longer? I'm so nervous now. Cheers

fishhead

War Hero
Take a visit to your local pharmacy and they will fix you up. Worrying about Raleigh will not be helping your gut settle.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
The technical expression for this complaint is 'Shitting yourself'.

Fear not - for the symptoms magically disappear as you enter those hallowed gates...........

Well, maybe a few days later once reality has kicked in!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I'm joining up sunday, but I've got a bit of the "runs" if you know what I mean. What happens if I still have this on sunday? Will I be sent home? Back classed and told to come back next week? Or even longer? I'm so nervous now. Cheers
As it is a contagious condition, you would most likely be sent home upon arrival and have your entry date deferred until fit to enter if you still have the trots.

If it doesn't clear up, there's no point joining if unfit to travel, let alone unfit to undergo training.

It is a pity the condition materialised a couple of hours after the AFCO shut but the good news is the larger AFCOs are trialling Saturday opening this month (how lucky is that!)

Simply call one of the larger AFCOs nearest to you that's open - between 10:00 and 15:00 tomorrow for guidance. Plymouth AFCO is on 01752 604563 if your local one isn't open.

You can find your nearest afco and the current opening times here: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/joining/get-in-contact

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Alternatively, wait until you get there and eaten your first meal. Then report sick and say the chef's have poisoned you. Not too much of a stretch I'm sure.

Sumo

War Hero
your call, is it a bug or nerves, get to you local indian, have a meat Phall that will sort out any bugs.

your call, is it a bug or nerves, get to you local indian, have a meat Phall that will sort out any bugs.
I actually had an indian last night, which might be the reason. But I didn't exactly eat anything spicy so I didn't think it was that. I'll see how it goes, I'll go pharmacy tomorrow and see if theres anything over the counter that can help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Speech: My mission to make sure NHS staff feel safe and secure at work MoD News 0
mitch in the north I FEEL I MUST CONFESS TO BEING A REGULAR AT DIAMOND LILS BACK IN ABOUT 1985!! Diamond Lil's 15
soleil Telegraph: "Let Down By Their Countrymen: How Our Forces Often Feel Unappreciated" Current Affairs 51
soleil BFBS News: "Submarine Crews Feel The Pressure" Submariners 3
Powder I feel like a MASSIVE newbie asking this but... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
stan_the_man How do you feel when you look in the mirror Diamond Lil's 42
soleil Navy News: "BOSTing makes HMS Liverpool feel good" The Fleet 4
soleil Navy News: "(Gun) busting makes York feel good" The Fleet 1
O Feel like I'm being messed around... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
soleil Observer: "I still feel my feet": Interview with Mne Dunning The Corps 5
Jade_Goody I downt feel verry well Diamond Lil's 4
Maxi_77 I almost feel sorry for the Bankers Current Affairs 24
Physical feel like i let down the FAA The Fleet Air Arm 16
Lynx101 You make me feel like dancing The Fleet Air Arm 21
Oil_Slick Wouldn’t you feel safer with a gun? Current Affairs 49
navyeo60 I don't feel I could survive! Diamond Lil's 16
theymademedoit Raleigh Date! Starting to feel Moist! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
S I feel like death warmed up! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S why do I feel so glum? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
edd1989 Dreams not over, so why do i feel so crap Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
N Can you use other bases/barracks sickbays if ill on leave Health & Fitness 8
MoD_RSS Convicted waste fraudster has more than 9 years added to jail time for failing to repay £1.3 million in ill-gotten gains MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Terminally ill benefit claimants deserve a fresh and honest evaluation of the way the system supports them MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield funding for app to support parents of ill children MoD News 0
vauxhall Tier 2 and 3 Ill-Health Benefits Finance & Pensions 0
O Ill health Finance & Pensions 7
C getting ill at CTC The Corps 10
D Dont worry, Ill ask my local unit...... Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
soleil Pompey News: "Navy Rescues Ill Skipper" The Fleet 1
J SDSR 2015 - Idle and ill informed speculation... Current Affairs 4
soleil BBC: "Navy flies critically ill patient to London" The Fleet Air Arm 7
Z Ill on leave... The Gash Barge 36
soleil HMS Tireless' JR Mess gives ill teenager honorary membership Submariners 7
Jimmy_Green Professor Stephen Hawking ill in hospital Current Affairs 51
W Leaving in 2 days and i'm flucking ill! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
toejam please help ill buy you a mars bar Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
ukdaytona Mentally Ill Mother Kills Her Two Children Current Affairs 7
Chicogiz Personals ill!! The Corps 17
MoD_RSS “Our fresh start means we can make all four corners of the United Kingdom stronger and more prosperous than ever before” MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chilean Chevening scholars meet Ambassador before travelling to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS All possible measures to be taken before schools and colleges close MoD News 0
J Before I join Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
K PJFT I did mine before my interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS From the South West to Scotland - check before you travel this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS “Events, Dear Boy”: managing incidents before they become crises MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The danger of unsecured loads – Highways England reminds drivers to check before setting off this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More Kuwaitis studying in the UK than ever before: op-ed by Michael Davenport MoD News 0
OC Stupid Material to read before entering Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Homeowners need to check before starting work near flood defences MoD News 0