Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Fecking stranded.

I can see it now. Flown to Spain, driven to the port and on board ALBION. First Damage of Albion and last true PWO(A) of Bulwark and the LPD's collective. I could even do the odd watch, in civvies. Or just kick the arse out of it and ask bone questions of everyone I meet. "Is it true you have to have a pony tail if you are the Buffer?" "How do the arrows on the deck know to come on at night?" "Which instrument do you play? (One for the RM's)"

Mind you I think I still have an outstanding mess bill so not such a good idea.

I see the latest is a potential amphib mobilisation of at least three RN capital ships to pick up our countrymen and women from the shores of Spain. Given the accomodation of such vessels and the potential for three days at sea including a lumpy Bay of Biscay, wouldnt it be more appropriate to charter ferries for this job ? I can't help feel Lord West is pushing the RN into a role and media spotlight that will supposedly win dividends come the next SDR ?

Well, today, the Floridian sun came out. With enthusiasm. To the beach! Was beautiful, and compounded by the knowledge that i should have been digging out at work. Then two pods of dolphins cruised past, and we cracked out the Strongbow.

This is the best global disaster of my life.

Latest Threads