Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Fecking stranded.

smeeg

Lantern Swinger
Stranded in florida in pishing rain. Supposed to be back on squadron tommorow... Post any random, crazy ideas about how to cross the atlantic in double time without the use of a jet at high altitude..

Airships?

On a serious note, reckon they'll have the days back off me out of my allowance? couldn't complain to be honest..

Find a USN or USAF base, flash the ID card and ask if you can chat about the US/UK relationship, aircraft performance etc etc.

Then if possible, get them to e-mail or fax the squadron to say you've been working.

You can then claim that you valiantly stayed on over your leave to do a bit of work!

Edited to add: If that fails, when you get back, buy the writers (sorry, Logs (Pers)) some choccie hobnobs and see if they can "fiddle" with JPA so you don't get your leave docked.

TattooDog said:
Find a USN or USAF base, flash the ID card and ask if you can chat about the US/UK relationship, aircraft performance etc etc.

Then if possible, get them to e-mail or fax the squadron to say you've been working.

You can then claim that you valiantly stayed on over your leave to do a bit of work!

Edited to add: If that fails, when you get back, buy the writers (sorry, Logs (Pers)) some choccie hobnobs and see if they can "fiddle" with JPA so you don't get your leave docked.

No go Mildenhall is ground bound

volcano,flights,Europe - {Travel Daily News}Flights cancelled in volcanic ash alert. Friday, April 16, 2010 ... The U.S. Air Force said two of its air force bases in England, RAF Mildenhall and RAF ...
www.traveldailynews.com/.../36550-Flights-cancelled-in-volcanic-ash-alert - Cached

Maybe latter but join the queue

smeeg said:
Stranded in florida in pishing rain. Supposed to be back on squadron tommorow... Post any random, crazy ideas about how to cross the atlantic in double time without the use of a jet at high altitude..

Airships?

On a serious note, reckon they'll have the days back off me out of my allowance? couldn't complain to be honest..

I know that this probably won't help, but Expedia is showing flights from Florida into Madrid tomorrow (not cheap though, not cheap at all). You might then be able to squeeze onto the Bilbao - Portsmouth ferry.

Don't know what else to suggest ................

Topstop said:
No go Mildenhall is ground bound

Oh no, I meant that he stays over in Florida and pop into his local US base to visit the PX each morning, then work tropical routines and then he can say he's been liaising with the septics.

I cant see them taking your leave off you. I dont think your going to be the only pearson. I know at least one bootie is stuck in africa somewhere and i bet theres quite a few more missing from parade tomorrow.
Even if they do take it off you at least your getting a longer trip in florida. I really doubt they will though. Would be very petty for them to do that.

Latest Threads