Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fcuk it, I've had enough

No clean underwear? Yet people pay 600 quid for a washing machine with more knobs and buttons than a space shuttle.

Seadog

War Hero
WB wrote
Fcuk it, thanks for your replys fellas but I'm gonna pull the pin.

WB, when you get back in the job market, let norman on your bouncy castle, even if he is over 6 years old. Might make him chill out a bit and stop fretting about the number of 2.5s the Mob has. If he knew how many majors the RM has, he'd explode!

Seriously, do what's best for you and yours.

Contributor Mode

When you post such strange items as:

"OIY. Jesse prove me wrong.

Fair enough, a combatitive title to a thread, but prove these stereotypical sayings are wrong.

"

Then you may as well Fuck Off

Nutty

KATWEEZIL said:
Maxi_77 said:
Seadog said:
Never bin a job until you have something else to go to.

Most sensible thing you have posted here ever Seadog.

... Dont agree - if the jobs affecting your health then GTF out, I'm on Prozac because of the juan-kerrs in my last job.

Don't forget that unemployment is a well known trigger for needing Prozac. Even so I do understand your point, squaring of the escape route before the job does you in avoids the unemployment doing you in.

come_the_day

Lantern Swinger
Slim's figures are very enlightening, if they're accurate.

So the RBL spends less than a quarter of Oxfam's spend, yet pays its CEO nearly twice as much as Oxfam pays its equivalent? I wonder if anyone at the RBL will shed some daylight as to the reason for this.

slim

War Hero
All my figures are from this site:

http://www.intelligentgiving.com/

At the bottom of each charities report is s link to that charities website.
The whole site makes very interesting reading and gives a great deal of information which can help you make the decision of whether you wish to give or continue giving to a particular charity.

I was more than a little annoyed to see the highest salary paid to the RBL top man. After all most of the fundraising is done in November when even now the majority of the population give by buying a poppy. The legion clubs are run by the members, and a lot of the decisions to help ex service men are made by local volunteers.
I have two questions:
1. What exactly does the top man/woman do to justify this huge salary?
2. How many positions does he hold in other organisations?

slim said:
All my figures are from this site:

http://www.intelligentgiving.com/

At the bottom of each charities report is s link to that charities website.
The whole site makes very interesting reading and gives a great deal of information which can help you make the decision of whether you wish to give or continue giving to a particular charity.

I was more than a little annoyed to see the highest salary paid to the RBL top man. After all most of the fundraising is done in November when even now the majority of the population give by buying a poppy. The legion clubs are run by the members, and a lot of the decisions to help ex service men are made by local volunteers.
I have two questions:
1. What exactly does the top man/woman do to justify this huge salary?
2. How many positions does he hold in other organisations?

Even so that level of salary may not be considered high for some one running a commercial business, and equally there are no opportunity for significant bonuses or even more lucrative share options. Whilst the clubs are self supporting, what about the homes and poppy factories for example. What about the problems of ensuring the tax paid is minimised, that the law is complied with and so on. Running a charity which has substantial funds invested and a considerable income and expenditure is no small task and I would hope that they did employ a professional rather than get some well meaning amateur on the cheap.

Now I don't know whether the person who gets this salary deserves it or not, but I can see how it could well be justified to hire a competant person with a decent commercial background, who would probably be taking an effective salary cut to run an organisation that size.

[quote="Maxi_77]

Now I don't know whether the person who gets this salary deserves it or not, but I can see how it could well be justified to hire a competant person with a decent commercial background, who would probably be taking an effective salary cut to run an organisation that size.[/quote]

The question is: Why so much more than his or her equivalent in a much bigger organisation, such as Oxfam?

asst_dep_to_dep_asst said:
[quote="Maxi_77]

Now I don't know whether the person who gets this salary deserves it or not, but I can see how it could well be justified to hire a competant person with a decent commercial background, who would probably be taking an effective salary cut to run an organisation that size.

The question is: Why so much more than his or her equivalent in a much bigger organisation, such as Oxfam?[/quote]

Could simply be that the Oxfam guy was hired years ago and his pay has not kept up with the market, happens often enough in the real world

slim

War Hero
GHas anyone any information as to the name of the highly paid top executive in the RBL so that we can Google him/her and find out something about them?

War Hero
slim said:
GHas anyone any information as to the name of the highly paid top executive in the RBL so that we can Google him/her and find out something about them?

Did you bother searching the RBL website for the information?

Here

slim

War Hero
Karma said:
slim said:

Here

Many thanks Karma I did go to the RBL site and typed in CEO with no success, perhaps this is because he is the Director General.
Still overpaid in my opinion.

slim said:
Karma said:
slim said:

Here

Many thanks Karma I did go to the RBL site and typed in CEO with no success, perhaps this is because he is the Director General.
Still overpaid in my opinion.

It is always foolish to assume the man in the titular top position gets the most cash. Equally I think it is bad the RBL does not at least have some form of senior staff list and organisation on their web site along with some staement of their accounts.

My prefered charity the RNLI does a lot better, and interestingly it's top salary is in the same range as the RBL, though there is no indication of how many people get paid what as you would get in company accounts.

http://www.rnli.org.uk/who_we_are/rnli_people/key_rnli_staff

I must admit that I do not find Intelligent Giving that intelligent or helpful, and perhaps it's statistics could do a lot more to show what the charities actually do with our cash

asst_dep_to_dep_asst said:
A&E nurse for a long time. I love the general public. Especially when they don't bathe or stand close enough to the shower very often.

Your granny was right, always make sure you have clean underwear in case you're taken to Casualty. The number of Heathrow 5th runways I've seen is nobody's business!

5th runway at Heathrow? Start worrying when something lands on it! :pukel: :pukel: :pukel:

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
Maxi_77 said:
KATWEEZIL said:
Maxi_77 said:
Seadog said:

... Dont agree - if the jobs affecting your health then GTF out, I'm on Prozac because of the juan-kerrs in my last job.

Don't forget that unemployment is a well known trigger for needing Prozac. Even so I do understand your point, squaring of the escape route before the job does you in avoids the unemployment doing you in.

Maxi,

Believe me it was not an easy decision, I only came back last Monday after 4 weeks, in that time they had managed to force me to work more than 4 hours o/t (unpaid) per day citing that I should be doing the work within working hours easily - after speaking to some other guys in the trade (CAT 5 data cabling) they were astounded that I had been given some of the jobs to do on my own. Worry of failure didn't help - was averaging 3 hours slepp per night. The minute I walked out and got back down the road (was in Inverness) it was like the sun had started to shine again. In the meantime I have occassional work on a farm and have just got a weekend job as an industrial cleaner (Cleaning lathes etc) i've done the sums and I reckon I won't be any worse off.

NotmeChief

Banned

Gissa flash before you go

KATWEEZIL said:
Maxi_77 said:
KATWEEZIL said:
Maxi_77 said:
Seadog said:

Maxi,

Believe me it was not an easy decision, I only came back last Monday after 4 weeks, in that time they had managed to force me to work more than 4 hours o/t (unpaid) per day citing that I should be doing the work within working hours easily - after speaking to some other guys in the trade (CAT 5 data cabling) they were astounded that I had been given some of the jobs to do on my own. Worry of failure didn't help - was averaging 3 hours slepp per night. The minute I walked out and got back down the road (was in Inverness) it was like the sun had started to shine again. In the meantime I have occassional work on a farm and have just got a weekend job as an industrial cleaner (Cleaning lathes etc) i've done the sums and I reckon I won't be any worse off.

I hope you made a few last fcuk ups doing the cable jobs. Just to give the
ex employers problems --heheh . They could've been trying it on aswell
get you to resign then employ three poles/russians/Latvians/estonians for half your wages!!

Hope all comes out Ok anyway

:nemo: :nemo:

uncleTom

Banned
slim said:
It's a her who is the first non-service Head. Her name is readily available but you will have to delve deep to find her e mail address. I won't spoil your fun but her personal assistants name will raise a smile

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
stan_the_man Goglebox just caught up on the series fcuk me recommended Diamond Lil's 9
stan_the_man I saw this headline and I thought fcuk me I thought Saville had snags Diamond Lil's 1
stan_the_man Stan the sad old fcuk Diamond Lil's 16
stan_the_man Fcuk me awsome Diamond Lil's 5
stan_the_man What the fcuk is this knob talking about and he's not a Crab The Quarterdeck 43
stan_the_man Fcuk Fcuk and more fcuking FCUK Diamond Lil's 8
wet_blobby Fcuk off ******* 2011 Diamond Lil's 13
stan_the_man BBC Radio 2 fcuk up again The Quarterdeck 5
stan_the_man fcuk it Diamond Lil's 0
stan_the_man fcuk me what happening at the British Legion these days Diamond Lil's 4
Rumrat Fcuk that hurt. Diamond Lil's 26
stan_the_man Thank fcuk for !! Diamond Lil's 4
stan_the_man my hard as fcuk cat Diamond Lil's 8
wet_blobby If you're gonna fcuk up, go big. Diamond Lil's 16
W We'd rather fcuk than play footie Diamond Lil's 2
rustyferret Fcuk me what an ordeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
stan_the_man fcuk my tall hat Diamond Lil's 16
jesse What the fcuk has happened to Portsmouth? The Gash Barge 42
Montigny_La_Palisse What the fcuk happened??? Diamond Lil's 11
S Thick as fcuk or what ? Diamond Lil's 28
wet_blobby Thank fcuk its friday......... Diamond Lil's 55
wet_blobby Even Biggles can fcuk up..... Diamond Lil's 15
wet_blobby Real dumb fcuk jobs Diamond Lil's 36
wet_blobby fcuk it who wants a holiday? The Gash Barge 7
MoD_RSS Climate change and water: Are we doing enough, fast enough? MoD News 0
RumCorps Australia - Not Enough Sailors International 21
MoD_RSS Press release: Record employment is not enough – jobseekers need the chance of better work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Is competition enough? Competition for consumers, on behalf of consumers. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Digital court system saves enough paper to cover central park twice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Escaping the jaws of death: ensuring enough water in 2050 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Tech giants do not face enough competition – reducing consumer choice and innovation MoD News 0
slim The welfare System...... Too good or Not good enough? Diamond Lil's 33
B Worried I'm not fit enough for PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
N Failed my RT but still got enough points for WE CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D Help with getting fit enough to excell in training!!!?! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
MaiBelle Off to Ghana...cause it's not hot enough here! Travel & The Great Outdoors 34
Naval_Gazer Who cares enough to attend lonely ex-Bootie's funeral? The Corps 28
S Had enough of Starbucks - Now can we please have a go at Amazon Current Affairs 1
soleil Telegraph: "The Armed Forces Have Been Plundered Enough" Current Affairs 0
soleil Mail: "Taller Than Nelson's Column, It Generates Enough Energy To Power 5,500 Homes" The Fleet 6
jesse Anyone brave enough to admit they remember "The Creep?" Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 17
soleil Pompey News: "One-in-five Of Navy Sailors Are Not Fit Enough For Service" Health & Fitness 25
P ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU DRINK Miscellaneous 0
soleil Telegraph: "Am I Man Enough For The Marines?" The Corps 29
D Good enough for AIB? Submariners 6
daffy1 For the people that are not good enough Diamond Lil's 2
rod-gearing Enough to make an old man cry! Submariners 6
Ja5on Is this good enough for Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
broadside Not Good Enough or just no interest? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 18
S We're not good enough. Current Affairs 28