Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fcuk it, I've had enough

exile1

Lantern Swinger
What really pizzes me off is the moral blackmail that passes as advertising on TV.
How dare anyone think little of me because I don't donate to their particlar 'Charity'?
I especially despise the agressive 'Useful Morons' who wave a bucket under my nose on Red Nose Day or any other so called special day.
I give to whom I want [BLESMA/Poppy Day and Sally Army in my case] and the rest can Foxtrot Oscar!!!!!!
rant over .....I feel good now.

garyM

Banned
exile1 said:
What really pizzes me off is the moral blackmail that passes as advertising on TV.
How dare anyone think little of me because I don't donate to their particlar 'Charity'?
I especially despise the agressive 'Useful Morons' who wave a bucket under my nose on Red Nose Day or any other so called special day.
I give to whom I want [BLESMA/Poppy Day and Sally Army in my case] and the rest can Foxtrot Oscar!!!!!!
SSAFA banks at Coutts. Yes Coutts not the Co-operative bank or Giro but the Queens Bank A charity paying out paltry sums to deserving causes where the Travelling and Subsistence costs are invariably more than the amount awarded to the desrving cause.
Have a look at the luxury SSAFA lives in. RBL too in Pall Mall Luxury Luxury and more luxury paid for from poor people buying poppies.

slim

War Hero
garyM said:
exile1 said:
SSAFA banks at Coutts. Yes Coutts not the Co-operative bank or Giro but the Queens Bank A charity paying out paltry sums to deserving causes where the Travelling and Subsistence costs are invariably more than the amount awarded to the desrving cause.
Have a look at the luxury SSAFA lives in. RBL too in Pall Mall Luxury Luxury and more luxury paid for from poor people buying poppies.

For information
SSAFA funding is here:
http://www.intelligentgiving.com/charity/210760/numbers?cause=202
RBL is Here
http://www.intelligentgiving.com/charity/219279/numbers?cause=202
Must agree with Norman that the top executive of the RBL is being paid rather handsomely at between £15000 and £16000 per year.

chieftiff

War Hero
It does sound a lot of money to be honest, however they are both successful charities doing a great deal of good, what sort of person does it take to lead that success?

It doesn't sound too bad when you consider that from those figures SSAFA only spends 2.15% of its income to run itself and RBL only 1.37%, those figures appear quite efficient to me.

slim

War Hero
chieftiff said:
It does sound a lot of money to be honest, however they are both successful charities doing a great deal of good, what sort of person does it take to lead that success?

It doesn't sound too bad when you consider that from those figures SSAFA only spends 2.15% of its income to run itself and RBL only 1.37%, those figures appear quite efficient to me.

Perhaps someone could give us a name for this high earner? I wouldn't be suprised to find that he is ex forces and an ex senior officer with large service pension to boot.
Until I know I will reserve judgement, however I am of the opinion that if you work for a charitable organisation you should:
a. Believe in that charity
b. Do the job because you want to not for an inflated salary.

garyM

Banned
chieftiff said:

Well!
You're easily pleased.

Saxon

Badgeman
Thank f**k, I thought this was going to be another 'im leaving RR forever, Dont try and stop me!' martyr speech.

Im a bit young to offer advice here, but if its at the point where you really dont want to go to your job in the morning, then its prob time to move on. At the end of the day fella, you deserve better than that.

All the best mate.
s.

chieftiff

War Hero
slim said:
chieftiff said:

Perhaps someone could give us a name for this high earner? I wouldn't be suprised to find that he is ex forces and an ex senior officer with large service pension to boot.
Until I know I will reserve judgement, however I am of the opinion that if you work for a charitable organisation you should:
a. Believe in that charity
b. Do the job because you want to not for an inflated salary.

I hope you're not right Slim, about the man at the top, but suspect you are. Not all charity work is well paid though, I've just spent 2 weeks of my resettlement working for a charity doing what I would love to do, unfortunately the reality of mortgage et al mean I can't realistically afford to do it. I wish I could.

chieftiff

War Hero
Anyway, we had better get this thread back on track. If Blobs comes back from the pub he's going to wonder what the hell has happened, then again I do like his more inebriated posts :eek:ccasion5:

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
Maxi_77 said:
Seadog said:
Never bin a job until you have something else to go to.

Most sensible thing you have posted here ever Seadog.

... Dont agree - if the jobs affecting your health then GTF out, I'm on Prozac because of the juan-kerrs in my last job.

PINCH

War Hero
garyM said:
chieftiff said:

Well!
You're easily pleased.

GaryM shut the feck up you are making a complete arse of yourself...

No on reflection keep it up, I thought you were a pr!ck, if you continue as you are doing you will remove all doubt. :pukel: :pukel: :pukel:

slim

War Hero
chieftiff said:

Sounds to me like the top earners in the forces charities are taking the piss.
Below are the statistics for four charities, and their are plenty others on the site I mentioned earlier.
In relation to income I believe that both SSAFA and RBL top execs are being given far too much cream from the top of the jug.

Charity CEO salaries & Stats

Oxfam
Annual income - what the charity received in the year £310,500,000
Annual expenditure - what the charity spent in the year £298,000,000
Admin costs - what the charity spent to run itself £1,000,000
Fundraising costs - spent to increase income £77,200,000
Reserves - spare cash the charity can use however it chooses* £43,500,000
Estimated government income** - carrying out gov't policy £23,100,000
Highest salary £90,505

The Royal British Legion
Annual income - what the charity received in the year £88,905,000
Annual expenditure - what the charity spent in the year £75,304,000
Admin costs - what the charity spent to run itself £1,219,000
Fundraising costs - spent to increase income £14,269,000
Reserves - spare cash the charity can use however it chooses* £184,801,000
Estimated government income** - carrying out gov't policy £231,000
Highest salary £150 000 - £160

The Salvation Army
Annual income - what the charity received in the year £167,628,000
Annual expenditure - what the charity spent in the year £120,083,000
Admin costs - what the charity spent to run itself £633,000
Fundraising costs - spent to increase income £24,787,000
Reserves - spare cash the charity can use however it chooses* £103,034,000
Estimated government income** - carrying out gov't policy £72,615,000
Highest salary £80 000 - £90 000

SSAFA
Annual income - what the charity received in the year £37,723,645
Annual expenditure - what the charity spent in the year £35,508,109
Admin costs - what the charity spent to run itself £809,740
Fundraising costs - spent to increase income £2,296,216
Reserves - spare cash the charity can use however it chooses* £33,135,000
Estimated government income** - carrying out gov't policy £18,392,249

Maybe Norman has a fair point here. :thumright:

Benny687

Lantern Swinger
you are right on the public front, most of the general public is not qualified to be alive. and most parents should have been banned from having kids.

the amount of parents who bring their kids to my classes say things like "i dont know why he likes to punch his sister and throw chairs around"

maybe because you spend your time sat on your fat arse watching east-fucking-stenders eating pizzas and swearing at your unemployed waste of skin husband you daft bint!
and sorry ladies, but its usually the mums from my experience.

a simple test at the beginning or pregnancy would do the trick:
1. are you and the father of this child related to each other in any way?
2. can you spell your name?
3. can you pronounce the words "isnt it"?
4. how many times have you been in prison?
5. how many of your posessions were robbed from someone else?
6. are you classed as clinically obese?

any other questions you can think of would be welcome, im sure there is somebody we could submit them to....

benjy

garyM

Banned
slim said:
chieftiff said:

Below are the statistics for four charities, and their are plenty others on the site I mentioned earlier.
In relation to income I believe that both SSAFA and RBL top execs are being given far too much cream from the top of the jug.

Oxfam
Highest salary £90,505

The Royal British Legion

The Salvation Army

SSAFA

Norman has hit the nail on its head. No maybe about it

hnhnwilliam

Lantern Swinger
Benny687 said:
you are right on the public front, most of the general public is not qualified to be alive. and most parents should have been banned from having kids.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
5. how many of your posessions were robbed from someone else?
6. are you classed as clinically obese?
7. Are you a grandmother yet? if so how old were you when you became a grandmother..........................

we had a story in our local rag of "a proud grandmother at 29" Hope all her grand-kids are male and queer. She could be a great grandmother at 43

any other questions you can think of would be welcome, im sure there is somebody we could submit them to....

benjy

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Hold on Blobbs, you made a general invite to all RR members before your Summer Tour and I waited all the NZ winter for my VIP ticket to arrive (plus air fares and accommodation expenses). I think you'd have got off very cheaply for 10,000 grand or so for the pleasure of my company. I demand a full refund and that you commit Hari Kari immediately.
Mate don't let the selfish cnuts grind you down, treat yourself once a month
withdraw a grand from the bank in fiver's, then roll around in it in your bouncy castle for an hour or so, you can always redeposit the cash again, unless of course you get over excited.
NZB

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
garyM said:
Norman has hit the nail on its head. No maybe about it[/quote]

Thats right twat give yourself a pat on the back.
GaryM the latest incarnation of Multiple Personalities'R'Us, otherwise known as NORMAN

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
slim said:
chieftiff said:

Oxfam
Highest salary £90,505

The Royal British Legion

The Salvation Army

SSAFA

Slim the stats would mean more if they were shown as percentages.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
stan_the_man Goglebox just caught up on the series fcuk me recommended Diamond Lil's 9
stan_the_man I saw this headline and I thought fcuk me I thought Saville had snags Diamond Lil's 1
stan_the_man Stan the sad old fcuk Diamond Lil's 16
stan_the_man Fcuk me awsome Diamond Lil's 5
stan_the_man What the fcuk is this knob talking about and he's not a Crab The Quarterdeck 43
stan_the_man Fcuk Fcuk and more fcuking FCUK Diamond Lil's 8
wet_blobby Fcuk off ******* 2011 Diamond Lil's 13
stan_the_man BBC Radio 2 fcuk up again The Quarterdeck 5
stan_the_man fcuk it Diamond Lil's 0
stan_the_man fcuk me what happening at the British Legion these days Diamond Lil's 4
Rumrat Fcuk that hurt. Diamond Lil's 26
stan_the_man Thank fcuk for !! Diamond Lil's 4
stan_the_man my hard as fcuk cat Diamond Lil's 8
wet_blobby If you're gonna fcuk up, go big. Diamond Lil's 16
W We'd rather fcuk than play footie Diamond Lil's 2
rustyferret Fcuk me what an ordeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
stan_the_man fcuk my tall hat Diamond Lil's 16
jesse What the fcuk has happened to Portsmouth? The Gash Barge 42
Montigny_La_Palisse What the fcuk happened??? Diamond Lil's 11
S Thick as fcuk or what ? Diamond Lil's 28
wet_blobby Thank fcuk its friday......... Diamond Lil's 55
wet_blobby Even Biggles can fcuk up..... Diamond Lil's 15
wet_blobby Real dumb fcuk jobs Diamond Lil's 36
wet_blobby fcuk it who wants a holiday? The Gash Barge 7
MoD_RSS Climate change and water: Are we doing enough, fast enough? MoD News 0
RumCorps Australia - Not Enough Sailors International 21
MoD_RSS Press release: Record employment is not enough – jobseekers need the chance of better work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Is competition enough? Competition for consumers, on behalf of consumers. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Digital court system saves enough paper to cover central park twice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Escaping the jaws of death: ensuring enough water in 2050 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Tech giants do not face enough competition – reducing consumer choice and innovation MoD News 0
slim The welfare System...... Too good or Not good enough? Diamond Lil's 33
B Worried I'm not fit enough for PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
N Failed my RT but still got enough points for WE CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D Help with getting fit enough to excell in training!!!?! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
MaiBelle Off to Ghana...cause it's not hot enough here! Travel & The Great Outdoors 34
Naval_Gazer Who cares enough to attend lonely ex-Bootie's funeral? The Corps 28
S Had enough of Starbucks - Now can we please have a go at Amazon Current Affairs 1
soleil Telegraph: "The Armed Forces Have Been Plundered Enough" Current Affairs 0
soleil Mail: "Taller Than Nelson's Column, It Generates Enough Energy To Power 5,500 Homes" The Fleet 6
jesse Anyone brave enough to admit they remember "The Creep?" Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 17
soleil Pompey News: "One-in-five Of Navy Sailors Are Not Fit Enough For Service" Health & Fitness 25
P ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU DRINK Miscellaneous 0
soleil Telegraph: "Am I Man Enough For The Marines?" The Corps 29
D Good enough for AIB? Submariners 6
daffy1 For the people that are not good enough Diamond Lil's 2
rod-gearing Enough to make an old man cry! Submariners 6
Ja5on Is this good enough for Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
broadside Not Good Enough or just no interest? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 18
S We're not good enough. Current Affairs 28