FAYE IN THE PRESS.... AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Deeps, Apr 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like she is saying it was £200000 she got for selling her soul

Not the £100000 that was quoted.

2. She had two choices, to tell or not to tell. She agreed to tell her story and accept the 30 pieces of silver. Perhaps with hindsight she now regrets that decision. Why will it not surprise me if I see a stress related compensation claim from her against the RN in a couple of years time though?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Marvelous. Actions speak louder than words & at least she gets the message over with more eloquence than when she's trying to string a sentence together. It's getting very depressing.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Further to Slim's assertion, may I be the first to bet someone 50P that she manages to now get medically discharged through stress, claiming PTSD & thus ensuring a tax-free medical pension? Anticipate this in a matter of weeks rather than years.

5. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

'... as ye sow, so shall ye reap..'

A combination of an undeniably embarassing situation, a weak government response being out manouevered by the Iranians - leading to a desire to recover face via the team's own story. Normally astute senior management being poorly advised and being completely naive over the possible effects of their no doubt well meaning intentions (that may or may not have been influenced by ministerial pressure). Add in the get rich quick factor and today's prevelance for chequebook journalism.... what could possibly go wrong???

Fcuking shitloads actually.

6. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Absolutely spot on...... she will realise what she has done, will be unable to return to face her shipmates...... stress card will be played and an out of court settlement looms.

7. OMG pass the sick bag :cry:
    RoofRat (Old Navy)

8. The argument re the money for story has completely masked the naval authorities incompetance at putting the RIBs and their crewa at risk. The Commode had other craft under his command, well armed and capable of shallow water operation.
    A good spin diversion by The Admiralty, MOD and No 10.
    Put all the blame on a couple of young impressionable youngster :twisted: s

9. Isn't it about time John Nichol stopped playing the perpetual victim and moved on?

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It's getting a bit boring now, if I had her stripped down to her knickers I'd send her home as well and the only goodie bag would be the remnants of the kebab she bought me. John Nicols must be glad of this episode so he can make some more cash...Childhood hero my arrse, if thats so why isn't she making tea for Crab air,but, hey we could win one of the jackets.... :roll:

11. FFS now we will have comments from the three muppets on any military action
    John Nicol
    Faye Turney
    And that fat army bloke who's name I can't remember could be Bob Stewart though

All three are making a good living it would seem

12. Im sorry for this being a bit sexist...............

But was she there on her own, I seem to remember that there was 15 of em taken by Iran, yet only she is the in the papers, I suppose the fact that the other 14 are men is not worth the headlines. Where any of the men fathers or does that not matter :?:

What would the headlines have been if there were 14 women and 1 man.

Its as is said earlier on this thread she will probably claim the stress factor, and take the medical discharge etc etc, and make a mint out of it all. The blokes on the other hand have their two weeks leave and back to the ship and crack on(having a good dit to tell for years).

I for one am glad I left the RN prior to mixed crews on ships.

End of rant............

Creakin

13. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, and that's just what they'd use to kill someone, at short range and in a confined space too!

14. creakin she is in the press mate because she sold her story to THE SUN and to the ITV .Thats why she is getting all of the coverage. Where have you been man!

15. Mind you isn't this just Wail sour grapes as she didn't accept their offer?

16. Credit where its due, Littlejohn spaketh the truth!

17. Whilst one has a lot of sympathy with what he says, would he have said it, and if he had would it have been printed if the Wail had managed to secure the story instead of the Scum.

There aint no sour grapes as sour as tabloid sour grapes