Fawcett Society in legal challenge to 'unfair' Budget

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by K640, Aug 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From BBC News

:lol: :rofl:

Sometimes you just have to laugh.
  2. It is not completely clear to me from that link why the budget is deemed to be discriminatory towards women. There was no specific mention in the budget of an increase in the cost of prams, wool or Mills & Boon novels. Nor was there any insistence on women having to stop watching Trisha or spending hours on the phone to their next door neighbours.

They're probably just confused over the long words used in the budget. A sit down and a cup of tea should calm them down a bit.
  3. Eh? I don't get it.

I presume the Society is trying to say that there are more women than men that work in the public sector, and so targeting the public sector for pay cuts and pension reforms is in some way discriminatory.

Frankly there are more men in the Armed Forces than women, so any pay freeze would be - dare I say - discriminatory to men, perchance?

What utter rot!
  4. Another thing they seem to have overlooked is that they have spent years saying that women in the public sector are in the lowest paid jobs, and now that those earning the lowest rates of pay are the only ones getting a pay rise, there is discrimination on the basis of sex, only it's men that are being discriminated against.
  5. Women!.....Fcuk them...thats what I say :D
  6. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
    David Copperfield
  7. Actually Mr Micawber, (from David Copperfield). :wink: