Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Favourite Book

Intelligent thrillers so pretty much owt by
Gerald Seymour or Freddie Forsyth

passed many a happy hour at sea riding the range with Louis Lamour

dont know if this even available now
Dennis Wheatley - The Devil Rides Out - don’t read it after dark if you’re nervous

The best book I've ever read was called "Of Human Bondage" by Somerset Maugham. I have advised and still recommend this book to all my friends. She is gorgeous. It is about a person, his experience and about art! If you want to understand how a great artist differs from a simple one, then the author will describe it to you very clear and with irony.
The rest of my five: Flowers for Algernon, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, En man som heter Ove. I adore each of them and am ready to read them many, many times!

From my favorite books I would single out:
5. The Great Gatsby
4. The Dragonbone Chair
3. Lord Of The Rings
2. Fahrenheit 451
1. Lord of the Flies

I would definitely recommend reading "Lord of the Flies". You can read it if you check this. Very cool and interesting book

Last edited:
My first full read of 2021. Received as a present and read from cover to cover in 48 hours.
81omEQSZLRL.jpg
In one way, Kim Philby was an absolute bastard and was personally responsible for an untold number of deaths and in another way, he was the epitomy of the perfect spy.
It's a ten from me.

Latest Threads