Favorite past time

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by dexia05, Aug 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A popular pastime and competitive sport , played on a course usually consisting of 18 holes, although some have only 9, 12, or 15. A standard course golf school is usually between 5000 and 7000 yards (c.4500–6500 m). A hole consists of three primary areas: the flat starting point where the player hits the ball (the tee), a long stretch of mown grass (the fairway), and a putting green of smooth grass where the hole itself (10·8 cm/4¼ in) is situated. Obstacles, such as areas of sand (bunkers) high grass (rough), and trees, are placed at various points. The object is to hit a small, rubber-cored ball from a starting point into the hole, which is generally 90–450 m/100–500 yd away. The winner is the player who completes a round with the lowest number of strokes. The expected number of strokes a good player would be expected to play for any given hole is referred to as the par for that hole. If the player holes the ball in one stroke below par, this is called a birdie; two strokes below is an eagle; one shot over par is a bogey; an occasional possibility is a hole in one. Players may carry up to 14 clubs in their golf bag, each designed for a specific purpose and shot. That was a nice and great pastime. Golf was an awesome hobby. I have a friend plan to check and have some course golf school . What will you waiting for?

Source : http://www.reference.com/help/crystal.html
  2. My favourite past time was 1971.
  3. mine was HMS Boxer's gulf deployment 98/99. Quality! :)
  4. does going on the piss count and revising for wet phase count
  5. mine was 1988... good times.....
  6. 1986 the year I got married(Still am)
  7. Mine was 2003 - before I met the OH, ah good times and freedom
  8. 1995....was suspended from work on full pay in the summer months so spent every day in the pub :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:
  9. You know Guys, I think he meant pastime.

Mine's Wanking.

And your point is what? Most of us know what Golf is.

Quit spewing your shit over here until you've learned some basic grammar.
  10. Passed over Loggie knew that......he turned what was a boring thread opener into something funny.....and we responded. :thumright:
  11. Haha, my year of birth, I guess that was a good time for me too.
  12. im old................. o_O :eek:mfg:
  13. stirling

:w00t: :thumright:
  14. We're all old! Born in 1988? Flippin' Fluck

The Most Stupid Game in the World - Golf

Golf is a game for brain-addled masochists who refuse to believe that nothing they do will ever improve their game.

Golf is a great game. What other game in the world can frustrate adults and make them act like 3 year olds; and yet when you ask them why they play, a most common answer is that the game is relaxing.