Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

FAT's test... practice ideas?

Hello,

I took my FAT's tests around 2 years ago, and narrowly missed out on passing as a Pilot (and Observer). I have been invited back and want to prepare myself as much as possible.

Looking back at my score sheet, the only areas I really failed on were: Sensory Motor Apparatus test (keeping dot on cross hares), Rapid Tracking Test (tracking objects and taking photos from aircraft), and Trace Test 2 (5 coloured aircraft, answering questions on their movements).

Typically, these seem to be the most difficult tests to be able to prepare for, but I was wondering if anyone has thought of a way to practice them? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

Many thanks

Hello,

I took my FAT's tests around 2 years ago, and narrowly missed out on passing as a Pilot (and Observer). I have been invited back and want to prepare myself as much as possible.

Looking back at my score sheet, the only areas I really failed on were: Sensory Motor Apparatus test (keeping dot on cross hares), Rapid Tracking Test (tracking objects and taking photos from aircraft), and Trace Test 2 (5 coloured aircraft, answering questions on their movements).

Typically, these seem to be the most difficult tests to be able to prepare for, but I was wondering if anyone has thought of a way to practice them? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

Many thanks
I think there’s an app or something somewhere on the internet.
Not sure how accurate it is, as I didn’t have to do it. Thank god.

Hello,

Many thanks
To be honest, SMA and RTT are your hand-eye coordination. What could likely help is things like Flight Simulators and getting used to response/joystick interaction cycle. That's it really, you can somewhat improve probably but it's dependant on your hand-eye coordination.

Latest Threads