FAT's test... practice ideas?

mollie01

Hello,

I took my FAT's tests around 2 years ago, and narrowly missed out on passing as a Pilot (and Observer). I have been invited back and want to prepare myself as much as possible.

Looking back at my score sheet, the only areas I really failed on were: Sensory Motor Apparatus test (keeping dot on cross hares), Rapid Tracking Test (tracking objects and taking photos from aircraft), and Trace Test 2 (5 coloured aircraft, answering questions on their movements).

Typically, these seem to be the most difficult tests to be able to prepare for, but I was wondering if anyone has thought of a way to practice them? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

Many thanks

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Hello,

I took my FAT's tests around 2 years ago, and narrowly missed out on passing as a Pilot (and Observer). I have been invited back and want to prepare myself as much as possible.

Looking back at my score sheet, the only areas I really failed on were: Sensory Motor Apparatus test (keeping dot on cross hares), Rapid Tracking Test (tracking objects and taking photos from aircraft), and Trace Test 2 (5 coloured aircraft, answering questions on their movements).

Typically, these seem to be the most difficult tests to be able to prepare for, but I was wondering if anyone has thought of a way to practice them? I'd greatly appreciate any help!

Many thanks
I think there’s an app or something somewhere on the internet.
Not sure how accurate it is, as I didn’t have to do it. Thank god.

SeaHawk14

Midshipman
Hello,

Many thanks
To be honest, SMA and RTT are your hand-eye coordination. What could likely help is things like Flight Simulators and getting used to response/joystick interaction cycle. That's it really, you can somewhat improve probably but it's dependant on your hand-eye coordination.

Latest Threads