FATs. Mon 2nd Nov 09

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by sammy84, Oct 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, this is my first post but ive been reading the forum for some time now. As the subject says, ive got my flying aptitude this monday. I only got on it yesterday which means i havent got much time to prepare.

Ive been doing loads of sdt calculations since then, but what i would like to know is if anyone has any advice as to other areas that can be revised. Ive been through all the threads related to FATs and it seems the main advice from everyone who has passed is to work on sdt. Any further advice would be much appreciated, however i am aware that it is an aptitude test so i should already have the potential to pass or not.

Thanks

2. I am also applying for aircrew (pilot). There is alot of info on these threads if you search through..I have a friend who has just started IOT at Cranwell and his advice for FATs was SDT as key bit!!! Also the multi tasking exercise - there was a good practice one on the net - link is http://karma.celardore.net/multi/

When did you have your SIFT? I just passed PJFT today and wil hopefully have interview ASAP, and with any luck get a date for FATs as quickly as poss!!!

3. I did it a while back and my big advice would be not to fry your brain too much the day/night before, get a good night's sleep and use your breaks properly instead of spending them second-guessing yourself on things you can't change the answers to anyway :).

4. Thanks for the replies. I havent done a sift interview, im in the forces so i just need to do the FATs and then the AIB. Looks like i'll just carry on doing SDT then, been doing the questions off the FATPASS workbook, sounds like they're pretty similar to the test questions. Thanks

5. Just wondering, when going to Cranwell, do FAA applicants just sit the FATs, or do they partake in all the selection activities with RAF people, ie. leadership tasks etc? Or is it a case of simply doing the tests, getting a score, then going to AIB?

6. Yes.

Why on earth would you want to
    Crabs wouldn't know leadership if it bit them on the arse. All they do is make sure they can fill in expenses claims for hotels.

7. what is the FATPASS workbook? Any good?

8. The FATPASS workbook can be found on http://www.fatpass.co.uk/index.html Its just got sdt calculations but they seem relevant to what ive been told is on the FATs. You do have to pay a few pounds for it but ive been finding it helpful.

9. Great thanks for that! Will have to invest in that then if it helps! Have you been told when you are likely to get a date for AIB yet?

10. I should be on an AIB about 2 or 3 weeks after the FATs assuming that i pass for pilot.

11. Oh thats good! I am hoping I can get it all out of the way (if successful) before the end of the year!!