Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FATs & AIBs for pilots on hold?

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
From an ACLO (last week at a cadet conference)I was told that they are only recruiting 12 pilots this year,maybe a CA can advise more?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
One can only assume the ACLO has been privy to some insider knowledge as last I'd heard there were no pilots joining the service in 2011 (unless perhaps they have already passed selection)

I'll do some digging, but it's certainly news to me.

Janus

Badgeman
What I was told I was applications for Observer are still being processed but pilots are on hold until at least early next year and told me to go away and think about it. I'm not so bothered about not actually getting in until next year but not having the application processed would bugger up things up abit.

As I've been on a Pilot POCAC would I be eligible to go on one for Observer or are they both the same?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just to update, there are no Pilot entries planned before May 2012. whether your ACLO processes pilot only candidates beyond FATs is at their discretion but as AIB only has 12 months validity, even those passing FATs & AIB previously will need to retake AIB after May.

Observers are being processed, but very few entries envisaged.

Janus

Badgeman
thanks for confirming the gossip.

I've just passed the PJFT and was being to wonder why I hadn't heard anything but obviously now need to chat with the AFLO as to the options open to me.

If May 2012 is the earliest intake, when do would it be reasonable to expect to be called for the FATs and wouldn't I be at a disadvantage if other AFLOs process their candidates?

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Just to update, there are no Pilot entries planned before May 2012. whether your ACLO processes pilot only candidates beyond FATs is at their discretion but as AIB only has 12 months validity, even those passing FATs & AIB previously will need to retake AIB after May.

Observers are being processed, but very few entries envisaged.

Thats right sorry he said they were only recruiting for 12 places next year,I tried to remember instead of looking at what I wrote! Sorry again!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Thats right sorry he said they were only recruiting for 12 places next year,I tried to remember instead of looking at what I wrote! Sorry again!

No worries Barney. Predicted entry requirement for next year sounds about right & amply illustrates how competitive the trade is. Out of 11 Officer applicants I'm processing through the preliminary stages of selection at present 4 are aircrew aspirants, there are over 100 careers advisers nationally. This week out of 20 people sitting the initial recruiting test in my AFCO, five were aircrew aspirants - there are over 50 AFCOs nationally.

I can confrim that we are being told the same down South about no entries until Mid 2012 for Pilots and not many Obs for this year as well.

SM

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E How long are FATs valid for (Observer) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Navy CBAT/FATs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Observer elements of FATS tests Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
N Competitive FATs score Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
H PANDORA / T Score - FATS/AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
TheMau5e Failed FATs... Can i still take AIB? The Fleet Air Arm 17
W Aircrew - FATS Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
O If I fail the FATs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Post-FATs... Joining the Royal Navy 0
T FATs, an FAA candidate's view 2015! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
K FATS - How regularly do they take place Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
E FATS results at AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
F FATs Royal Navy aircrewman (non-commissioned) Direct entry The Fleet Air Arm 21
1 A little help regarding FATs & AIB? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Olly013 Flying Aptitude Tests (FATs) - My experience and advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
J FATs Practice sites Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J FATS results. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Nick_Rueth FATS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
C20 Length of FATS?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J Failed FATS for AC but told to come back for pilot? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
S FATs. Mon 2nd Nov 09 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
L Travelling to FATS from North of Scotland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
drunkensailor FATs The Fleet Air Arm 1
scimitar123 Anyone going for FATs on 2nd Dec? The Fleet Air Arm 15
buggerit84 FATs & AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S What is the pass/fail rate for FATs? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
D FATs results... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Spooked FATs - Useful Links Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 132
GPZ_pilot Passed my FATs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
T FATS Advice The Fleet Air Arm 11
U Frequency of AIBs / Officer intakes? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Green social prescribing pilots open for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sport pilots to be reduced in capacity to 1,000 people socially distanced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New pilots announced for return of spectators to elite sport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Five local authorities announced to trailblaze England’s nature recovery pilots MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pilots announced for return of spectators to elite sports events MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flexible operating hours pilots conclude at Manchester and Brentford MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Entrepreneur training pilots for refugees launched across the UK MoD News 0
W Pilots and Observers - Age Limit on entry Increased to 34 The Fleet Air Arm 15
MoD_RSS Another success for the government’s voter ID pilots: 22 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Start date announced for extended court hours pilots MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK and US pilots to prepare for frontline on state-of-the-art simulators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Next round of Voter ID pilots announced for 2019 MoD News 0
D Rating pilots The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Press release: UK fighter pilots fly F-35 for the first time following training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: F-35 jet and new batch of UK pilots cleared for Carrier take-off, Defence... MoD News 2
C Newly Passed Pilots, how was your time? The Fleet Air Arm 5
W CPO WW2 pilots wings The Fleet Air Arm 7
Frusciante Pilots and Asthma Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
BillyNoMates Test Pilots The Fleet Air Arm 6