Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by buggerit84, Sep 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One for Ninja here I think!

I finally have my FATs sates through - 20/21 October, but I really want to get to BRNC as soon as possible, and so booking my AIB after FATs looks like it would mean it's more likely I'll go in April (provided I pass of course) rather than January.

Seeing as I plan on joining regardless of my results from OASC is it possible to try and get a date booked for AIB before I've gone to Cranwell, or do I have to wait until I've done the aptitude tests?
  2. The best thing to do is talk to your ACLO, who will be able to advise you the best. In honesty you should be able to pre-book your AIB as long as they are not Branch orientated.

Hope this helps

3. Nice one bugger, I hope it goes well, if not there's always warfare officer.

You need to note down absolutely everything that happens in huge detail for me when you arrive :thumright:
  4. Thanks guys, will do Sentenashi!

I thought that would be the best idea but thought it would be good to bounce the idea off here first to avoid a potential waste of my ACLO's time, but I'll ask!
  5. Bugger...

Just spoken to AIB actually after speaking to the ACLO's office, and aircrew have different boards to fleet, so they can't book me onto a board until they know what the results of my FATs is. Doesn't make a difference anyway as apparently there isn't a January intake next year so I can't go before April anyway! :(
  6. Ah, ok, sorry to hear that. Well atleast it gives you more time to get ready and stuff, there's no rush, is there? :thumright:

And that's interesting about the Aircrew AIB, I thought that all of the roles were done under one AIB, because the aircrew got their medical the day after, but obviously not.
  7. It's because the aircrew do the medical there that it's different as there's set days and times they do the medical, so aircrew can only go on certain boards. I think.....I'm sure Ninja or supermario can clear it up!

True there is no rush, as long as I'm in within the next year and a half, however I don't relish the prospect of an extra 4 months speaking to chinless wonders with more money than sense on the phone...
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep that's the reason- Aircrew medical board. I did post a similar answer, but Supermario beat me to it so I deleted mine as it was largely repeating what he said.
  9. I believe that the aircrew medical checks that the over inflated ego is in place :thumright:
  10. What kind of extra stuff does the aircrew medical involve?
  11. Ah, that's something I could have a problem with! Any pointers on how to work on that? :p

Oh yeah another thing, at the medical a friend 'advised' me that when they test your arm length, the medic turns their back and so you can actually lean forward a little more to get a bit of extra length even though you're not supposed to. Apparently everyone does it, apart from him, and he failed. Whilst not condoning cheating of course, what are your thoughts on this?
  12. Huh? How would leaning forward increase your arm length?
  13. You're supposed to keep your shoulders back against the seat, but by leaning forward you can reach further...
  14. Oh, I thought that they had you standing up and did it with a tape measure.

Sorry. :tongue: