FATHERS DAY - - - HEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by golden_rivet, Jun 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. COme on - what do I get him for Fathers Day? He is shed man, ex-model-maker, ex-short-wave radio fanatic, telescope-maker and general DIY man.

I did wonder about a visit from a gardener as his front garden was looking a bit overgrown last time I visited ... that's not very exciting though ...

:whew:

2. One of those Dremmel multi purpose grinding/drilling polishing tools

Dremmel Multi Tools :thumright:

3. Booze always works - a good port.

4. How about a digital photo frame which you can pre-load with pictures of good-looking 'models', sheds, S/W radios, telescopes and DIY gadgets or, as a last resort, pictures of his family?

5. Booze would be better.

6. Thanks all. Not seen just the right thing for him yet though I do want a hi-power slingshot for myself from boysstuff to frighten off squirrels on the patio :w00t:

7. This would be even better !! :thumright:

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...a night at a lap-dancing club?!

9. ..don't think she wants to kill him just yet!!! :thumright:

10. Not even this digital photo frame with a built-in wireless weather station so he'll never need to look out of the shed window again to see if the sun's shining? :sunny: As for frightening off the squirrels, forget slingshots. Why not get yourself some nice bazookas from eBay? Far more effective and you wouldn't have the RSPCA after you. :thumright:

(Edited to remove reference to 'nice pair' of bazookas) :blush:

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You're right.

Get the life insurance policy approved first, THEN take him to the lap-dancing club... :twisted:

12. Now, you have to trust me on this, but the poor man obviously hates gardening and regards it as a chore that has to be done to keep the wife/neighbours quiet and loathes the idea of getting down to it. Get him a couple of hours of somebody to tidy up his patch and he will be totally chuffed.

13. :thanks:

14. A nice new barbecue, sponsored by your local
    chapter of the Hells Angels perhaps?. Y'can burn
    everything just as much as you want.....but, what
    the hell.

[​IMG]

15. If I remember correctly Father's Day is exactly 9 months before Mother's Day.

16. Cheers dits

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I just look in Clintons window. It's far easier.

And one more thing, why has this thread been brought up 4 yearsafter the last answer, for fucks sake?

18. Time Zones innit?

Thailand's four years and seven days behind the UK. I thought everyone knew that.

Tsch!