Fat troops unfit for Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by stirling2, Aug 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Army basic fitness routine of at least two hours of exercise a week ?...
    Eh ?, if only two hours a week no wonder they are porkers.
    I thought this was a wind up when I saw PUD, persons unable to deploy, in the article, maybe even PIE, persons in need of exercise. 8O

-
    http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=148952142

2. F*ck all compared to some of the sights I've seen in the SRs mess in Collingrad recently.

Some of them would have been lucky to even fit into a middle rack onboard a grey dealer never mind be able to climb into one.

As an aside, it's quite embarassing watching some of the bloaters trying to pass their leadership mile and a half on a Monday morning.

Fighting force indeed.

3. I just read that...we seem to have gone the other way from the problems during the Boer war, when the government suddenly went "fcuk, everyone's too skinny to fight, we better do something". Now we're too fat to fight?
    Although if WE'RE too fat to fight...maybe invade the U.S.? Surely they're worse?

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"PUD"? Not an acronym I'm familiar with (although the MoD seems to create new ones on a daily basis). However, the media links on the subject do not seem to differentiate between those who cannot deploy because they are not fit enough and those who have genuine medical conditions that prevents them from doing so. Oh well, why let the facts get in the way of a good 'news story' [sic]... :roll:

5. Living in a garrison town some of squaddies have trouble moving their bulk around, huffing and puffing at walking pace, the exeption being the Gurkha signal regiment.