Fast Track For ME's

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by sherlock89, Apr 16, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering what Qualifications you get as a PO and LH and i'm sure it has changed since I read the original DIN, This is what I think I am aware of so far:

- LH Course (18 Months + 5 Weeks Leadership)
    NVQ Level 3 Electro-Mech Apprenticeship
    - Gas ticket?
    - Diesels ticket?
    - Fridges ticket?

18 Month Sea Draft ?

PO Course (10 Months + SRLC)?
    - HV APC
    - HND/ Foundation Degree ??? (Apparently not anymore ?)
    - Level 5 CMI Management ?

Please correct me where im wrong
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

If I read your details correctly and you are 13 I would guess that it will all change before you get to the gates of Raleigh.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One question mark will suffice.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. im already in. sorry about the multiple question marks
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  5. So why are you asking on an un-official forum, ask your DO or section Chief (or even the UPO).
  6. I have already asked my DO and Chiefs and WO, there best bet was for me to go to sultan and ask because no one seems to know anything about it on my ship hence why im asking on here because all avenues have been tried.
  7. TBH, if your DO and section head can't help (with all the documentation available to hand), there's not a lot of definitive advice you'd get on here.
  8. Ahh ok thanks anyways, there was a DIN out with it all on but since the ways courses have changed and theres been nothing new released, I was just looking for someone to point me in the right direction ?

Anyone know whos best to speak to at sultan about it ? or just go into brunel building and ask about ?
  9. Brunel would be a good start or even the ME Branch manager.
  10. Maybe the "Fast Track Career Manager" can help? Sounds like his part of ship!
  11. Go onto the Faraday webpage, everything you need to know is there.
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

No problem. Us clankies have to be careful about standards. Before you know it, someone will claim we have some and where will that leave us?
    • Like Like x 1