Fast track basic?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Harris921, Apr 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you're ex army or ex TA can you fast track basic training? Can you get fast tracked to exam week?

2. Depends on your job in the Army and what job you are appying for in the RN. Driving a tank isn't much good to us matelos.

Regards

SM

:)

3. Not to my limited knollage. To be honest I can't see why you would expect to be. I am ex army and currently on leave after doing my first week in the RN. Some sucking of eggs for sure, however I have learned many new things, the RN way if you like.

4. In what circumstances sm? Must say I've never heard of it.

5. Im currently in the TA and when i mentioned it to the RN they said you have to discharge yourself when you get so far into the application

6. Sorry, but what's that got to do with his question? :?

7. How far is "so far"? I'm currently TA, and I have no plans of dischraging myself until I have a letter saying I have a place at BRNC!!

Otherwise I'll be discharging myself for no guaranteed reason?!!

8. Do you feck chats, what do you know about sailoring?

9. Joke deleted for being sh!t.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nope.

We have to train you correctly. :lol:

11. There is no fast track unless you have a a HND or teacher quaitied. Just get on with it.

12. I made the schoolboy error of dripping to my PO that when I was a Pongo my beret size was 58 so why have I been issued with a 60?

The reply was a classic, "because your in the Navy now, you'll have to use your brain"

:roll:

13. Sorry didn't read all posts first and missed zoid! Tim f*ck off you are still a knob. :knob:

14. I presume my joke wasn't as funny as I first thought then.

15. Ye gods man! Are you suggesting the Navy salute by waving at one another, or that hundreds of years of tradition be broken in an attempt to assimilate a couple of pongos.....I am outraged!

16. Nope as the RNR ratings who have done all the naval training have to start from scratch.

17. Obviously if you have to discharge yourself then you won't be able to fast track

18. Yup,its certainly limited,like your spelling!

19. Like your spacing after a comma.

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Back on track- those with relevant qualifications with regard their chosen trade may well be fast-tracked through certain elements of phase two training, however not their phase-one training.