Faslane to Southwest

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by SJRM_RN, Mar 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone recently made the journey from Faslane to the Southwest, by air on a fairly regular basis?

Is it easier to fly to Bristol and train/bus the rest of the way or to Exeter and train/bus the rest of the way and how long does it take?

Churz

2. If you're paying, flying to Bristol (and parking there) is a lot cheaper than Exeter.

3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I was going to go through a long hyperlinked post highlighting all the time tables and ending with a sarcastic comment about people in logistical planning jobs - but its Friday afternoon out here and I can't be arsed.

Suffice to say that I think that flights to Exeter will be less frequent and probably more expensive than the sleazyjet ones into Bristol. The coach to Temple Meads station is pretty frequent and takes about 30 mins.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The bright lights of Helensburgh hold no appeal?

Bristol has always been the gateway airport into the SW, Cardiff may well be worth an outside punt though if the logistics can be married up.

5. There be monsters!

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I know...shocking place.... full of welsh things

7. Sign of the times. Once upon a time you could do Glasgow to St Austell, 50 mins to an hour depending on the wind.

8. Ah yes - you mean when the boats were in Faslavatory and the simulators were in Guzz and then SHOCK - later on, vice versa!! As I recall, the Dash 7 used to stop in St Austell on the way.

9. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Which is a good job as the last question was how long does it take, which a check of the timetables would have told you - RTFA......