Faslane - The Devil's Armpit?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Good CO, Feb 28, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "In total, there were 79 alleged offences in 2013, 68 in 2014, 56 last year and eight so far this year"

Which means the mahoosive annual crime rate is going down :rolleyes:

Sensationalist journalism at it's best, and it hasn't stated how many were caught trying to break out either ;)

2. I wonder how the crime rates compare to a town with a similar population in Scotland that is not military, funny feeling they will be lower in fas

3. Why the question mark in the thread title?

• Like Like x 1
  4. He was undecided as to call it armpit or arshole?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. A very fair and well balanced article written by paragons of Scottish journalism.

Never mentioned the weather once though.

6. Counterfeiting!! A few zone pass photocopies more like. They make it sound like the Brinks Mat robbery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. All alleged. If you are going to make an impact, then conviction rates might help.

8. Think it's already been remarked upon above, re: comparison between locations of similar size and / or bases, plus difference between alleged and actual conviction compounded by the fact that as the nuclear weapon location it would be a natural magnet for just the type of twonk who would see security penetration as either a challenge or a larf.

Typical sensationalist nonsense from the ill-informed and politically suspect aimed at the ill-educated and hard-of-thinking who lap up this sort of tripe for the purposes of bias confirmation.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I bet most of the crimes are committed by local civilians working at the base.

10. Civilians were certainly responsible for the crime of not effectively gritting Hardy Hill in the winter. The times I struggled to get the motor up and down safely!

11. How many of the crimes happen during the protests or when **** wits get inside the wire?

12. Subsunk

Subsunk Badgeman Book Reviewer

That article is a tissue of lies.

I never had enough signal to download any obscene material, the phone kept timing out.

• Funny Funny x 1