Faslane bound!

Taking a group of cadets to Faslane this week,if any RRs sees a dashing wavy navy two ringer ex-submariner(the dolphins are the clue) bimbling around,herding cadets,which is a bit like herding cats,its only me!

Make them all eat a portion of chips and a deep fried haggis and have them
all bring a crate of Irn Bru home with 'em otherwise they will not have had
the complete "Faslane Experience". You could also ask any Helensburgh taxi
driver which V-Boat is currently on patrol - and where - and for how long -
and whether there's any Akulas coming down through the Iceland-Faeroes
Gap, because they are a veritable font of knowledge, and usually more
accurate than Intcen. Enjoy yourself.

(Don't ask me how I know these things - I'm deep undercover at the moment).

Yours Aye,

BillySpookMates.

scouse_B

Lantern Swinger
Are you taking the brats into the Berg to see the sights, Bar L aka Garffs,Spinnikers to fill in some booties and up to the akash for a curry?

Last edited:
Are you taking the brats into the Berg to see the sights, Bar L aka Garffs,Spinnikers to fill in some booties and up to the akash for a curry?
Crikey matey - you've not been there for a while! I'm prety sure that the Bar L/Garths is now 'The Riverside' and the Spinnaker blew away years ago. I shall check for you and reprt back when I make my annual pilgrimage next week. Must have the haggis, chips and Irn Bru fix you see! The Akash is still doing fine - I was in there last year, and as I ordred, asked where Dennis was tonoght. The waiter replied, 'He died two years ago'.......... ooooops! Food still great though!

We stopped at the carpark on the Burgh seafront for the two minute silence on our journey back,mariners is now part of the carpark,cant remember what is what before that,was it Greys?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chicogiz Bases / Shore Est 34
B Bases / Shore Est 15
Jolly_Jack Bases / Shore Est 8