Farewell

Norman

The time has come for me to retire.

All those years of subterfuges Noms de Plume Aliases AKA's and Noms de Guerre are coming to an end.

Banned for life more times than I can remember, arguing with the likes of the Kiwi Bootneck who served but a Dog Watch but talked as if he had served a life-time. A Sgt Pepper too who had arrested many people but had never seen a shot fired in anger.

Sadly, the present Moderators seem to have seen little of life and the real Armed Forces but act and talk as if they have.

Parting is such sweet sorrow. Lizzie1 and Nippits the latest two bid you farewell.

Norman

All those years of subterfuges Noms de Plume Aliases AKA's and Noms de Guerre are coming to an end.

Banned for life more times than I can remember, arguing with the likes of the Kiwi Bootneck who served but a Dog Watch but talked as if he had served a life-time. A Sgt Pepper too who had arrested many people but had never seen a shot fired in anger.

Sadly, the present Moderators seem to have seen little of life and the real Armed Forces but act and talk as if they have.

Parting is such sweet sorrow. Lizzie1 and Nippits the latest two bid you farewell.
You are not Current Affairs , want to give us chapter and verse on your service ?

You always came across as an overweight Sea Cadet officer, whose never served but happy pontificating in your armchair, probably overdosing on C.S. Forrester novels.

If you ever did serve (doubtful), it wouldn't have been for long and you yourself had never heard a shot in anger, if I'm wrong, do as Stirl says and give us all a synopsis of your eminent Naval career.

I won't hold my breath though.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Norman

More like this I suspect

images.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vauxhall Finance & Pensions 0
MerseyMan The Quarterdeck 3
2 The Gash Barge 5