Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell HMS Nottingham

Pompey News 20 Oct 2011 said:
THE former HMS Nottingham was towed out of Portsmouth Naval Base yesterday to be taken to a scrapyard in Turkey...

(Sent from my Burberry in the loft)

Last edited:

Handler

War Hero
One more for the Turks to pick over, alas! we don't even have the facilities to break the poor things up.

G

guestm

£40 million of repairs well spent there. That could have kept the Ark at sea for 3 more years. Excellent stuff RN.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Could they not sink it properly this time. Create a reef for all the little fishes. Or a special combat underwater training center for the divers. All the guys & gals who served on it could lay a wreath once a year in memory of the good times.

G

guestm

Naturally. As a born and bred Nottingham-ian I can tell you the town is shit and I can't wait to move away

Before I joined up I ventured out of Cumbria once in search of adventure. I ended up living in Hyson Green. I soon went home.

G

guestm

I had to fight my way through shap and was then smuggled to Kendal where I bought passage to the new world.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D HMS Hermes Farewell Current Affairs 5
MoD_RSS HMS Liverpool to visit London on farewell tour Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Crew Bids Farewell To HMS Cornwall The Fleet 0
soleil Argyll News: "Campbeltown Bids A 6 Day Last Farewell To HMS Campbeltown" The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS Fond farewell to HMS Manchester Current Affairs 2
soleil Wirral Globe: "Laird-built HMS Campbeltown Arrives For Final Farewell" The Fleet 40
Scouse_Castaway HMS Manchester's final farewell The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Crew bids farewell to HMS Chatham Current Affairs 14
tommo BBC News: Queen bids farewell to HMS Ark Royal The Fleet 6
LancashireHussar HMS Manchester pays farewell visit to Home Port Current Affairs 8
MoD_RSS Virtual farewell for Honduran Chevening scholars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Virtual farewell for Guatemalan Chevening scholars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil Service says farewell to Clare Moriarty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A weight off our minds: farewell to the kilogram as we know it MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Farewell to Special Envoy and reflections on the political situation in Syria MoD News 0
Wightsparker Final final farewell to Sea King? Current Affairs 1
vauxhall Farewell to John Finance & Pensions 0
MerseyMan Master at Raleigh bids farewell The Quarterdeck 3
2 Farewell 2 The Gash Barge 5
L Farewell The Gash Barge 11
Trainer Lynx Mark 8 Farewell Flypast Current Affairs 25
Stirlin Lusty farewell. The Fleet 0
wet_blobby Help needed for Junglies farewell flight. The Fleet Air Arm 21
D So, farewell, Warrant Officer Twos ... The Fleet 214
soleil Pompey News: "Navy’s Top Brass Bid A Fond Farewell To Dedicated Secretary" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil Navy news: "Navy Prepares To Say Farewell To The 42s As Workhorse Destroyers Bow Out" The Fleet 10
Topstop Kiwi Farewell The Quarterdeck 35
sgtpepperband Pompey News: "Fitting farewell to man who loyally served his country and community" The Corps 1
lloydie A Thank You And A Farewell Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
soleil RN Website: "Gloucester Public Gets Chance To Say Final Farewell To Fighting G" The Fleet 1
soleil "Iconic Harrier Jets' Final Farewell At Dunsfold - Video" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Herald: Sadness As Ark Royal Bids Last Farewell To Scotland The Fleet 0
D Farewell shippers! The Quarterdeck 21
soleil Navy News: "Farewell to the Mk6 Sea King" The Fleet Air Arm 10
soleil "Farewell to Lionel the lobster, blown up by the Royal Navy" Bases / Shore Est 10
B DAKOTA FAREWELL TOUR 2008 Current Affairs 8
G Final farewell to Silvana Colombi Current Affairs 2
slim William racks up a £5,000 bar bill at Harry's farewell bash Diamond Lil's 10
BusterQuin Farewell to a Marine Current Affairs 0
B Pre HMS Raleigh brief Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS From Portsmouth to Odesa, UK and Ukraine naval cooperation on show as Ukrainian President visits HMS Prince of Wales MoD News 0
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
D HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: "HMS Ledbury Returns Home From The Gulf" The Fleet 0
soleil Lochside Press: "Camilla Calls At Faslane To See HMS Astute" Submariners 7
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh 'HMS Raleigh Welcomes Capt Suzi Nielsen As Its New Commanding Officer' Bases / Shore Est 24
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh RN Submarine School - Torpoint Marathon To Raise Money For The Submariners' Memorial Appeal Submariners 3
soleil P. News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Leaves Portsmouth For Training With US Marines F-35" The Fleet 8
N HMS Sultan Simulator training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5