Farewell 2

2lizzie

For the Final Avoidance of Doubt

My service in the Royal Navy has been questioned.

Was I an Overweight SCC Officer or

Someone who had never served in the Armed Forces.

Having joined at HMS Royal Arthur when it was still at Skegness and retiring some 40 years later at HMS Saker in Washington- enduring the prolongued Blitz at Plymouth and the unpleasantness of the Malayan conflict and the Korean War It is clear I have heard and seen many shots fired in anger.

As a matter of interest to the rather foul-mouthed Montigny-La-Pallise who is some sort of Aircraft Director, I joined at the same time and place as my old friend Harry O'Grady who MlP might know, or will have heard of and who acceded to the Gash Hand Principle and became a Direction Officer. What he did he was properly unable to explain to me when I met up with him shortly before his death. With precious few combat fixed-wing aircraft what was there to direct--he did explain that we did have a bit of a Fleet Air Arm then. He was a lovely man never-the-less.

So Purple Twiglet, Wreckert, Sumo and MlP We will debate no more.

Thank you for your service.*

I believe other, more appropriate, responses to your games on RR might be forthcoming; just as soon as one of the Moderators shifts this dribbling Troll off the CA Forum and to one where more 'robust' response are acceptable

*If true,:rolleyes: but could you not foresee at least a few unbelievers?

PS
As an attention-seeker your final (PG) line is corrected & amended below to alert those who you have named:

<<So @Purple_twiglet , @WreckerL , @Sumo and @Montigny-La-Palisse We will debate no more.>>

Last edited:
G

guestm

Why I've been dragged into this I do not know, I don't give a shit who this guy is or his made up service. I just go click click and he's gone.

Meh.

G

guestm

Thank you for your service.*

I believe other, more appropriate, responses to your games on RR might be forthcoming; just as soon as one of the Moderators shifts this dribbling Troll off the CA Forum and to one where more 'robust' response are acceptable

*If true,:rolleyes: but could you not foresee at least a few unbelievers?

PS
As an attention-seeker your final (PG) line is corrected & amended below to alert those who you have named:

<<So @Purple_twiglet , @WreckerL , @Sumo and @Montigny-La-Palisse We will debate no more.>>
Gash barged, weapons free. He can read it with one of his other accounts.

Stirlin

War Hero
In your first farewell post you questioned some of the MOD's service ...

''Sadly, the present Moderators seem to have seen little of life and the real Armed Forces but act and talk as if they have.''

I can come up with 3 (there are probably more) who have seen service at the sharp end , dodging shells and bullets.

In your second farewell post you complain that your service has been questioned , took you 24 hrs to ''research''
your service , would have been much easier to post a copy of your SC's as others have done.

When you return , try not to come with an agenda.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Virtual farewell for Guatemalan Chevening scholars MoD News 0
D HMS Hermes Farewell Current Affairs 5
MoD_RSS Civil Service says farewell to Clare Moriarty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: A weight off our minds: farewell to the kilogram as we know it MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Farewell to Special Envoy and reflections on the political situation in Syria MoD News 0
Wightsparker Final final farewell to Sea King? Current Affairs 1
vauxhall Farewell to John Finance & Pensions 0
MerseyMan Master at Raleigh bids farewell The Quarterdeck 3
L Farewell The Gash Barge 11
Trainer Lynx Mark 8 Farewell Flypast Current Affairs 25
Stirlin Lusty farewell. The Fleet 0
wet_blobby Help needed for Junglies farewell flight. The Fleet Air Arm 21
D So, farewell, Warrant Officer Twos ... The Fleet 214
soleil Pompey News: "Navy’s Top Brass Bid A Fond Farewell To Dedicated Secretary" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil Navy news: "Navy Prepares To Say Farewell To The 42s As Workhorse Destroyers Bow Out" The Fleet 10
Topstop Kiwi Farewell The Quarterdeck 35
sgtpepperband Pompey News: "Fitting farewell to man who loyally served his country and community" The Corps 1
MoD_RSS HMS Liverpool to visit London on farewell tour Current Affairs 0
Naval_Gazer Farewell HMS Nottingham The Fleet 9
lloydie A Thank You And A Farewell Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
MoD_RSS Crew Bids Farewell To HMS Cornwall The Fleet 0
soleil RN Website: "Gloucester Public Gets Chance To Say Final Farewell To Fighting G" The Fleet 1
soleil Argyll News: "Campbeltown Bids A 6 Day Last Farewell To HMS Campbeltown" The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS Fond farewell to HMS Manchester Current Affairs 2
soleil Wirral Globe: "Laird-built HMS Campbeltown Arrives For Final Farewell" The Fleet 40
Scouse_Castaway HMS Manchester's final farewell The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Crew bids farewell to HMS Chatham Current Affairs 14
soleil "Iconic Harrier Jets' Final Farewell At Dunsfold - Video" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Herald: Sadness As Ark Royal Bids Last Farewell To Scotland The Fleet 0
tommo BBC News: Queen bids farewell to HMS Ark Royal The Fleet 6
D Farewell shippers! The Quarterdeck 21
soleil Navy News: "Farewell to the Mk6 Sea King" The Fleet Air Arm 10
soleil "Farewell to Lionel the lobster, blown up by the Royal Navy" Bases / Shore Est 10
B DAKOTA FAREWELL TOUR 2008 Current Affairs 8
G Final farewell to Silvana Colombi Current Affairs 2
slim William racks up a £5,000 bar bill at Harry's farewell bash Diamond Lil's 10
BusterQuin Farewell to a Marine Current Affairs 0
LancashireHussar HMS Manchester pays farewell visit to Home Port Current Affairs 8