Farewell 2

For the Final Avoidance of Doubt

My service in the Royal Navy has been questioned.

Was I an Overweight SCC Officer or

Someone who had never served in the Armed Forces.

Having joined at HMS Royal Arthur when it was still at Skegness and retiring some 40 years later at HMS Saker in Washington- enduring the prolongued Blitz at Plymouth and the unpleasantness of the Malayan conflict and the Korean War It is clear I have heard and seen many shots fired in anger.

As a matter of interest to the rather foul-mouthed Montigny-La-Pallise who is some sort of Aircraft Director, I joined at the same time and place as my old friend Harry O'Grady who MlP might know, or will have heard of and who acceded to the Gash Hand Principle and became a Direction Officer. What he did he was properly unable to explain to me when I met up with him shortly before his death. With precious few combat fixed-wing aircraft what was there to direct--he did explain that we did have a bit of a Fleet Air Arm then. He was a lovely man never-the-less.

So Purple Twiglet, Wreckert, Sumo and MlP We will debate no more.

Thank you for your service.*

I believe other, more appropriate, responses to your games on RR might be forthcoming; just as soon as one of the Moderators shifts this dribbling Troll off the CA Forum and to one where more 'robust' response are acceptable

*If true,:rolleyes: but could you not foresee at least a few unbelievers?

PS
As an attention-seeker your final (PG) line is corrected & amended below to alert those who you have named:

<<So @Purple_twiglet , @WreckerL , @Sumo and @Montigny-La-Palisse We will debate no more.>>

Last edited:
G

guestm

Why I've been dragged into this I do not know, I don't give a shit who this guy is or his made up service. I just go click click and he's gone.

Meh.

G

guestm

Thank you for your service.*

I believe other, more appropriate, responses to your games on RR might be forthcoming; just as soon as one of the Moderators shifts this dribbling Troll off the CA Forum and to one where more 'robust' response are acceptable

*If true,:rolleyes: but could you not foresee at least a few unbelievers?

PS
As an attention-seeker your final (PG) line is corrected & amended below to alert those who you have named:

<<So @Purple_twiglet , @WreckerL , @Sumo and @Montigny-La-Palisse We will debate no more.>>
Gash barged, weapons free. He can read it with one of his other accounts.

In your first farewell post you questioned some of the MOD's service ...

''Sadly, the present Moderators seem to have seen little of life and the real Armed Forces but act and talk as if they have.''

I can come up with 3 (there are probably more) who have seen service at the sharp end , dodging shells and bullets.

In your second farewell post you complain that your service has been questioned , took you 24 hrs to ''research''
your service , would have been much easier to post a copy of your SC's as others have done.

When you return , try not to come with an agenda.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wightsparker Current Affairs 1
vauxhall Finance & Pensions 0
MerseyMan The Quarterdeck 3