Fantasy God Bothering League

I vote for Erik Bluetooth - we could all listen to him hands-free whilst wielding our swords, wearing our hornless helmets and rampaging across Europe and the Mid-East as horny as Hell... well you lot could anyway. They rest of us would be by the fires, polishing the pots, polishing the swords and axes and waiting for our men to come home and liberate us from the drudgery of the hot stove and the soup dragon... :lol:

Whatever happened to this priceless regiment of warriors. I reckon they'd fix anyone up from Iraq to Afghanistan. Never hear anything of them these days, wish they'd join the army out here. What a legend they are and not only that they are very good people I understand. I have never had the privilige of meeting one but their exploits are incredible

Ghurka Khukuri

A brief history of one of the world's most feared knives, the Nepalese khukuri is here. The current utility knife of the British Ghurka Regiment's, it is said that the blade may only be drawn, and then put away after drawing blood. Consequently, most ghurka soldiers have fingers that look like butcher's chopping blocks. This vicious looking knife would easily separate your head from your body, with no problems whatsoever. The knife would also look good mounted in an Iraqi "insurgent". It more than likely has been in Basra.

Dabs said:
Shakey said:
These islamics think they're pretty hard don't they, going round blowing up unarmed civilians and that.

Who would win - Muslims?
Shakey, all empires have crumbled to dust no matter how great, but listen to this, no empire has ever defeated any country by simply overpopulating it. Take a trip around the UK if you ever find the time. Go to places like Bradford, Barnsley, Burnley, Sheffield, Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester or any place in the Midlands and try to figure out who the minority populance is and you will be shocked to find out that it is the Brits. Go to places like Luton, Bedford and all counties down to London and you will find the same thing. Swary around the East coast in counties such as Norfolk and lo and behold the place is dominated by Latvians, exactly the same as Hampshire. One day soon there will be a country ousted simply because of apathy and yes you have it, it's the good old UK.

I was recently stunned by an altercation in a chip shop in Lancashire, where I heard a Muslim pronounce that Sharia Law would one day rule Britain. Not by force, but by over population.

It's a worrying prospect, not because of the thought of what may happen, but because of the fact of what has HAPPENED in the past 50 years.

Governments are only in power to score points and scrape money from taxes. They aren't anyone's servants, they are just a bunch of greedy bastards who intend to achieve their aims by the easiest route. Flooding the country with easy votes is one way and the Labour party have done it throughout their history.

Answer: Learn to talk Arabic, because one day they will rule you.
I did put this on another thread but thought it may be appropriate here. Just look when it was written. When studying the average time table for a regime or democracy, 200 years, UK became great about that time ago from Trafalgar ? Anyway interesting reading I thought and enough to make you think

:D

About the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of
Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;

2. From spiritual faith to great courage;

3. From courage to liberty;

4. From liberty to abundance;

5. From abundance to complacency;

6. From complacency to apathy;

7. From apathy to dependence;

8. From dependence back into bondage "

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential election:

Population of counties won by: Gore: 127 million; Bush: 143 million;

Square miles of land won by: Gore: 580,000; Bush: 2,427,000

States won by: Gore: 19; Bush: 29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Gore: 13.2; Bush: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country.
Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off government welfare..."
Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some 40 percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.
Pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.
PS: No. 9: If the Senate grants amnesty and citizenship to 20 million criminal
invaders called illegals and they vote, then goodbye USA in less than 5 years.

Little meek me says; England was a Pagan country, the Vikings took in Scotland and part of the midlands and north of England. The south was done over by the Romans aka catholic.

I'll crawl back into my hole, before the Romans and Vikings, we were tree huggers!

ROMANS ALL THE WAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kidding

Can I go with Celts? They seem more savage!

You may take my life but you may never take my FREEEEDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Jenny_Dabber said:
ROMANS ALL THE WAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kidding

Can I go with Celts? They seem more savage!

You may take my life but you may never take my FREEEEDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!
A! Fredome is a noble thing!
Fredome mays man to haiff liking;
Fredome all solace to man giffis,
He levys at ese that frely levys!
A noble hart may haiff nane ese,
Na ellys nocht that may him plese,
Gyff fredome fail; for fre liking
Is yarnyt our all othir thing.
Na he that ay has levyt fre
May nocht knaw weill the propyrtè,
The angyr, na the wretchyt dome
That is couplyt to foule thyrldome.
Bot gyff he had assayit it,
Than all perquer he suld it wyt;
And suld think fredome mar to prise
Than all the gold in warld that is.
Thus contrar thingis evirmar
Discoweryngis off the tothir ar.

Is a trifle closer to the real thing than Mel Gibson, written by The Bruce's first biographer about 70 years after Bannockburn as part of an epic poem for The Bruce's granson

Peter

Jenny_Dabber said:
Little meek me says; England was a Pagan country, the Vikings took in Scotland and part of the midlands and north of England. The south was done over by the Romans aka catholic.

I'll crawl back into my hole, before the Romans and Vikings, we were tree huggers!
I wouldnt say that!The Pagans and Druids were not very nice people.its one of the reasons why Julius wiped out the Sacred Groves and the Druids!Also the romans did get quite far north,Antonine wall?Ring any bells?

I like the druids, they had those guardians, men with wolf heads! And that sexual antic thing, orgys!!!! Now there is a great race!

A fierce and good swordsman is also a good and gentle dancer! Better in bed I'd say!

ROMANS AND DRUIDS!!

Mind you the Aztacs and olmecs were fond of drinking blood and eating still beating hearts along with Chocolate,Yummmmmmmmmm!And they were so called civilised cultures!

I'm a Vandal by genetic history and they spawned the beserkers.....cum I'll take the lot of yer GRRRRRRRRRRR :lol: :lol: (gnashing of teeth and rolling of eyes, little bit of foaming at the mouth!) :twisted:

Jenny_Dabber said:
I like the druids, they had those guardians, men with wolf heads! And that sexual antic thing, orgys!!!! Now there is a great race!

A fierce and good swordsman is also a good and gentle dancer! Better in bed I'd say!

ROMANS AND DRUIDS!!
Yeah, the druids and ancient Britons had the festival of Beltane. Dance around the fire then take all the virgins off into a corner of a field and go harvesting cherries all night!! Add that to the famous Roman orgies plus a bit of norse for the buxom, blonde element and wahay!!

Romans and druids indeed - I'll go with that! :D

jesse650 said:
I'm a Vandal by genetic history and they spawned the beserkers.....cum I'll take the lot of yer GRRRRRRRRRRR :lol: :lol: (gnashing of teeth and rolling of eyes, little bit of foaming at the mouth!) :twisted:
Weren't the vandals just the puppets of the merovingy dynasty mate. :wink:

andym said:
Mind you the Aztacs and olmecs were fond of drinking blood and eating still beating hearts along with Chocolate,Yummmmmmmmmm!And they were so called civilised cultures!
Drinking blood? Well many Brits like black pudding - can't stand the stuff myself - but what that if it ain't blood. Then there's Churchill's prelecdiction for eating pieces of plain chocolate with his main course - often beef. And in Mexico (and occasionally my kitchen) there is white chocolate ice cream with chopped up chillies. :)

Always_a_Civvy said:
andym said:
Drinking blood? Well many Brits like black pudding - can't stand the stuff myself - but what that if it ain't blood. Then there's Churchill's prelecdiction for eating pieces of plain chocolate with his main course - often beef. And in Mexico (and occasionally my kitchen) there is white chocolate ice cream with chopped up chillies. :)
Ice cream with chillies!! 8O

You're sick man! Mind you - if you can stomach that then respect is definitely due. 8)

[quote="bunnyjumperWeren't the vandals just the puppets of the merovingy dynasty mate. :wink:[/quote]

No they were the Varangians.

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
bunnyjumper said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
And in Mexico (and occasionally my kitchen) there is white chocolate ice cream with chopped up chillies. :)
Ice cream with chillies!! 8O

You're sick man! Mind you - if you can stomach that then respect is definitely due. 8)
No worse than the original Mayan chocolate which was a drink (rather than a bar of CDM) which also included chilli. If you visit Cadburyworld in Brum then you can try a re-creation of this drink - its surprisingly palatable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MG Maniac Diamond Lil's 7
wave_dodger The Fleet 2
C The Fleet 12