Fancy a weekend 'up the smoke'

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Flagdeck, Oct 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Accomodation for all those self effacing politicians who claim exhorbitent rates for "accommodation" in the Smoke.
    Could easily squeeze 600 into that space, all our MP's could be backpackers rates. What a saving.
  2. Picked up my hook and my first badge there, 3 hours late cos the train broke down. Marched in, 3 Ringer sitting there in a shirt sleeve order "Take your hat off" me nearly shit my self cos it aint my fault , got a chit signed at Paddington.
    "Sit down" me very confused, tea and biccies, the start of a wonderful run ashore.
  3. Whitehall wireless in '65............then Commcen Whitehall in '71......refreshments in the Silver Cross....happy days.
  4. I'm in London next Thursday with Mrs Wrecks, might go and see what the neighbourhoods like before I commit, I've heard there's some dodgy characters at the end of the road.
  5. [​IMG]

Yon fellow at this end?

Along wi' this 'armless sailorman?:

6. I meant the other end.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GYA. Lots of Lodging allowance and a rather dodgy flat in Kilburn not far from a pub called Biddy Mulligans.
    Worked UK Ratt Ship-Shore, B13A, TARE and every-bloody-place else down that hole in the ground. Also
    spent a couple of nights in a room with bars on the windows and plenty-time surviving lock-ins over the
    road in old Old Shades with Miss Fiona Richmond and a load of luvvies who were doing their bit in the
    Whitehall Theatre. Fiona parked her pink E-Type Jag outside Commcen Whitehalls back door....number
    plate was FU2.

Enjoyed London - won't be the same now, and I 'aint been there in decades.

8. If memory was Paul Raymond who had FU2 on his roller outside commcen whitehall's back door....
    he may have given it to Fiona............we would all have loved to give Fiona one.................
    'ang on.......back door..... Fiona.....given one...........Fraudian slip...........oh bollox !