Fancy a weekend 'up the smoke'

trelawney126

War Hero
Accomodation for all those self effacing politicians who claim exhorbitent rates for "accommodation" in the Smoke.
Could easily squeeze 600 into that space, all our MP's could be backpackers.......at backpackers rates. What a saving.

Topstop

War Hero
Picked up my hook and my first badge there, 3 hours late cos the train broke down. Marched in, 3 Ringer sitting there in a shirt sleeve order "Take your hat off" me nearly shit my self cos it aint my fault , got a chit signed at Paddington.
"Sit down" me very confused, tea and biccies, the start of a wonderful run ashore.

Flagdeck

War Hero
Whitehall wireless in '65............then Commcen Whitehall in '71......refreshments in the Silver Cross....happy days.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I'm in London next Thursday with Mrs Wrecks, might go and see what the neighbourhoods like before I commit, I've heard there's some dodgy characters at the end of the road.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
GYA. Lots of Lodging allowance and a rather dodgy flat in Kilburn not far from a pub called Biddy Mulligans.
Worked UK Ratt Ship-Shore, B13A, TARE and every-bloody-place else down that hole in the ground. Also
spent a couple of nights in a room with bars on the windows and plenty-time surviving lock-ins over the
road in old Old Shades with Miss Fiona Richmond and a load of luvvies who were doing their bit in the
Whitehall Theatre. Fiona parked her pink E-Type Jag outside Commcen Whitehalls back door....number
plate was FU2.

Enjoyed London - won't be the same now, and I 'aint been there in decades.

B.N.M.

Flagdeck

War Hero
If memory serves...........it was Paul Raymond who had FU2 on his roller outside commcen whitehall's back door....
he may have given it to Fiona............we would all have loved to give Fiona one.................
'ang on.......back door..... Fiona.....given one...........Fraudian slip...........oh bollox !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ageing_Gracefully Do You Fancy Reviewing Books for Rum Ration The Book Club 1
F Type 26 Names. What do you fancy? The Quarterdeck 62
Ageing_Gracefully Do you fancy being a book reviewer? The Book Club 5
Ninja_Stoker Women's Institute welcomes piracy victim wearing fancy dress Current Affairs 12
F Fancy a Chinese takeaway leftover The Gash Barge 9
wet_blobby Anyone fancy a jam donut? Diamond Lil's 0
S Anyone fancy some of this? Diamond Lil's 15
trelawney126 Fancy a Reaming? The Gash Barge 2
trelawney126 Fancy a Bit of Mentoring by Ex Home Secretary Diamond Lil's 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Fancy That! Current Affairs 3
Scorch FANCY DRESS Blue Jokes 0
The_Caretaker Fancy Dress Miscellaneous 0
Shakey The Fancy Dress Party Blue Jokes 0
chatsharris A bit of advice needed... (Fancy Dress) Diamond Lil's 33
sgtpepperband 2 Oct 10: Fancy Dress Triathlon, Tenby Charity 2
M Fancy Dress - discuss Diamond Lil's 48
soleil Pompey News: Fancy life in the navy? iPhone let's you try it The Fleet 1
NotmeChief Big ends gone. Anyone fancy giving me a hand. Motoring 14
pinkprincess Fancy a night in the City? Diamond Lil's 10
Stirling Fancy a pint ?...... Diamond Lil's 13
S Fancy Dress Diamond Lil's 9
Ja5on Pictures of women you fancy The Gash Barge 3
2_deck_dash Saints & Sinners fancy dress Diamond Lil's 22
C fancy dress The Quarterdeck 5
S Newcastle United for sale, anyone fancy chipping in? Sports and Adventure Training 14
Grim_Reaper Fancy a laugh chaps. Motoring 11
E Non-Fancy Fire support The Fleet 45
ukdaytona Anyone fancy project managers role on the new Carriers?? Diamond Lil's 11
L Fancy Dress with a Naval Twist Diamond Lil's 13
sgtpepperband Anyone Fancy A New Job? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 9
slim Fancy a ciggy? If your Charles Kenneddy then light up Diamond Lil's 32
R Anyone based in Rosyth fancy a date ? Diamond Lil's 28
ukdaytona We are in the wrong job..... Anyone fancy being an MP The Quarterdeck 11
A Anyone fancy buying a bit of Ganges history? Bases / Shore Est 2
golden_rivet Fancy a bike??? 'Beachcombers' in Action. Current Affairs 34
MoD_RSS Rental e-scooter trials to be allowed from this weekend MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First new ventilators to roll off production line this weekend as industry answers call to step up manufacturing MoD News 0
G Holdover Weekend Leave?? Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS Storm Dennis – vigilance advised ahead of further severe weather this weekend MoD News 0
soleil PlymouthLive: "Royal Navy Weekend At Sea Features Swarm Attacks And Cream Teas" The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS Environment Agency warns communities to remain vigilant to the risk of weekend flooding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency warns communities to remain vigilant to the risk of weekend flooding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Weekend work to activate Operation Brock MoD News 0
N Recruitment development weekend & NMT100 Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS News story: Home Office allocates £51 million to police forces for increased action on knife crime ahead of Easter weekend MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Over 50,000 applications to the EU Settlement Scheme on opening weekend MoD News 0
K Going home from Raleigh for a weekend? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
C URNU New Entry Weekend SCC and URNU 2
Naval_Gazer Visit HMS Ramsey in Liverpool this weekend The Fleet 1
Naval_Gazer Visit HMS Middleton at HMS President this weekend Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0