Famous/successful ex-Royal Navy people

Post deleted.

JFH, even in Lil's ( this isn't ) you'd be pushing it.

Maybe the first bit was a bit below the belt, however the second bit was 100% true :)

Ah, f**k it i'm off, maybe see you all one day. Seadog, "I hope your next sh*t is a pineapple"

JFH "out".

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

Last edited:
A

Art the Fart

Nicholas Monsaratt author of the Cruel Sea
Michael Flanders of Flanders and Swan. Contracted polio aboard WW2 destroyer
David Jacobs
Sir Ralph Richardson and Lord Olivier-both FAA pilots.

Then there was Charlie Drake-who liked playing sailors
and Sir Noel Coward who liked playing with them

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Professor PMS Blackett, nuclear physicist (and WW2 mining scientist c/o HMS Vernon)
Charles Morgan, novelist
Barnes Wallis RNAS in WW1 until sidetracked into designing airships

Sorry 

Maybe the first bit was a bit below the belt, however the second bit was 100% true :)

Ah, f**k it i'm off, maybe see you all one day.

JFH "out".

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(
chill pill.jpg
Dont go JFH. The site needs all the aviators it can get.I prescribe one of these for you and two for Seadog..:glasses8:

Although perhaps famous for playing RAF types - including Douglas Bader in Reach for the Sky - actor Kenneth More was in the RN during WW2.( He did play a Royal Navy captain in "Sink the Bismarck!", though.)

And actor Howard Lang ( Captain Baines in TV's The Onedin Line) was also ex-RN.

Yep, he was. I was at Ganges with him (72-73) and we both played for Ganges first XI. Believe me, he was nothing special but his pace (he was fast as hell as a 15 year-old) got him noticed. He developed very quickly thanks to being spotted by the Head RN Coach when he was drafted to a Pompey ship and, full credit to him, raised his game enough to get a chance with Portsmouth's Youth team. It was up & away from there. Really nice bloke and he deserves all the success he's had, he's worked hard.

Les McGuire was the pianist in Gerry and the Pacemakers through out the 1960s He joined the Royal Navy in October 1972 HMS Ganges 221 Class I know because I was in the same class and he was class leader.