Family of RN Forums?

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by F169, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have put this in CA as its about CA and seems to be current, not sure if it would be relevant anywhere else........Seadog has quoted PTP's views on forum moderation and immediately locked the thread or I would have placed this in the same thread.

Besides the comment at the end "make it so" which I find just a tadge presumptious as I am 100% certain PTP is not in my chain of command, he states:

"There are many Naval forums on the interweb, there is only ONE Rum Ration CA forum which can and will become the First and Best point of reference for matters concerning the mood on the messdecks and in the wardrooms."

Is there a list of those forums (the ones that affect the RN?) and if so could someone point me in the right direction? If not should there be links on RR so that members of other forums can be encouraged to come in from the cold? It would be nice if RR was part of a 'family' of unofficial RN forums, after all it isn't in competition with them is it?
  2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

F169 wrote

It remained locked while I posted. The quote I linked from PTP has been on Site Issues for a while. That thread isn't locked.

Site Issues?

Be certain but don't be so precious.

As for the other forums, I don't have a list. Google key words Ganges, tits, tot, Jellicoe, Dreadnought, Jossman

I can't see anything wrong with recruiting from other RN sites. They'll have to get through 'basic' though. :wink:

BadCO posted this on Site Issues yesterday........ and then locked it.
    Rum Ration Aims Policy and Complaints
  3. Thanks Seadog - sorry didnt know/forgot about "site issues" - good call.

I dont know about "precious" I avoided using the phrase I really wanted to out of politeness. I will leave that to your imagination.
  4. Seadog

It's all gone quiet over there. :wink:

RR and ARRSE are unofficial.................. officially.
  5. It is good that we are recognised and that others can see our true feelings. I have allways spoken my mind, it was sometimes not appreciated in the mob as you are expected to bow to pressure and go with the flow.
    I had one CO in particular who didn't like my politics, views or outspoken ways, however, he respected them and backed me up in many situations and made sure I remained VG Exep. The great thing about being outstanding in your field is you can speak your mind and people don't write you off because they know what you are made of. I have stood in front of many high rankers and spoken my mind and will contuniue to do so. So what if people are watching us, who would be so naaive as to believe that all websites are monitored by a variety of groups?
    If they are watching they should be assured this is not a site of puppets but has a membership of free thinkers. I for one will stand up and quote my real name in any press forum to back my arguments and opinions. What are people scared of? Just speak as you find and have the spine to stand up for what you believe in, after all, is this not the kind of freedom that we as military personnel stand for?
  6. Seadog

A sure way to never get promoted to CPO.

That's a lot of sunshine you're blowing up you own arrse. You'll know 'high rankers' are interested in what you have to say when they invite you to sit down and speak your mind and send Flags away to get the coffees in.