Family faces talks over obese schoolboy

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. yes

2. no

0 vote(s)
  3. debatable

0 vote(s)
  1. Unbelievable - I'm 42 and 13 stone!!

How on earth can parents let their child get like that?

Neglect, ignorance, lack of responsiblity or all 3?
  2. Typical of people these days to blame someone else for their own failings.

I mean its not like this lad had a choice of what to eat being 8 year old, its whatever is put in front of him.

3. I don't know if it is intentional abuse, probably just ignorance and or laziness on the part of the parents'.
    I would have thought by now that most people would know the difference between healthy and non healthy food and the importance of exercise.
    I think society as a whole is failing here, we used to run around and play all the time as kids and it kept the weight off, the fact that the little porkers have more access to fast food now ( I remember going to one of the UK's first Wimpy shops), pizza, KFC, Burger King etc. means that schools should be doing more PT not less. What is wrong with giving the kids an hour of PT a day together in the morning or afternoon, I would say that this would benefit the UK as a whole in the long run. Get these buggers doing circuits and other stuff that can be taught in a fun competitive way. Good for them, good for our future and they don't get teased for being chubbers.
  4. Have just watched this on telly clearly the parent and grand parents fault.

What is granny on about, "I shall die if they take him away", would that be because they would not get the Child benefit to keep them in fags.

If he thieves crisps they should not buy them, if he has tantrums because he is not getting fed how long will they last? a few days, he is only eight for gawds sake. He needs to be taught how to behave not to be allowed to wedge himself into a manky chair shouting his mum to make him more chips.

I do not believe it is because she is a single parent, the daughter seems quite sensible almost normal for a "barcode".

He needs to be sorted out now ....................either by his mum getting her act together and not allowing shit food in the house or by the social services

5. Just watched as you have. Wonderful how far social security benefits go. Looks like the mother has never done a days work in her life, chain smoking fags at £4.50 a packet. Crisps, chocolats, biscuits, I never saw one bit of healthy food enter the kid.
    Amazed that the sister seems to be doing so well.
    This is a result of the welfare system. Takes care of you from the cradle to the grave.