Falmouth Packet: "RNAS Culdrose Officer awarded rare clasp"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Feb 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Falmouth Packet: "RNAS Culdrose Officer awarded rare cla

I love the press, they really can make a silk purse from a sows ear.

'Whilst serving on Bulwark our hero save 2,000 lives.'

(Read - issued blankets to those rescued).

But seriously. Survived 30 years - wow!!!

2. Re: Falmouth Packet: "RNAS Culdrose Officer awarded rare cla

I've got the bar as well (or clasp as the journo's call it), I didn't know it was rare!!! Does that increase the value of my LS&GC on E-bay?

3. At least his arrived before he left..its going to cost a fortune to get my medals remounted. 8O 8O 8O

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: Falmouth Packet: "RNAS Culdrose Officer awarded rare cla

I know you were joking, but it was slightly more involved than that - I was on board at this time, and know WO Chope very well. A lovely bloke and a deserved reward... :salut:

As an aside, the only other person I knew who had a bar (at least one, I believe) was WO2 Bean RM, who I "met" when I had the pleasure of his company and experience as a young rating in RNDQs in 1990. He joined the Corps just after WW2 and had served as an Instructor in DQs since 1967! A legend and a truly inspiring man. He certainly left a lasting impression on me...

5. Re: Falmouth Packet: "RNAS Culdrose Officer awarded rare cla

Also served with 'Chopper' when he was a Chief Jack Dusty, a very nice gent and all round good egg, this award doesn't come as a surprise its well deserved. Just to name drop I also served with 'Runner' Bean in the mid 1990's, well I say served, he was a instructer and I was a Student at the MCTC portsmouth. Another true Gent even when he was being Mr Nasty Screw.

6. Re: Falmouth Packet: "RNAS Culdrose Officer awarded rare cla

....and me.