Falkland's Vet with Parkinson's Disease gets Parkin' ticket

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Deckhead_Inspector, Jun 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last week a now ageing Naval vet returned to his car to find that he had a ticket on his windscreen. As he has Parkinsons desease he has a disabled parking badge. His wife, of course he does not drive himself, had parked the car outside a disused shop in a "Loading Area". The time on the ticket would indicate that the Warden (Paid more than a private soldier, according to CGS) had watched them park and slowly walk away then pounced. Amazingly several Taxis went unpunished. Dispite the area only becoming a taxi rank Some three hours later.

Proof that parking restictions are for raising money from the innocent and not about maintainig trafic flow.

2. Re: Falkland's Vet with Parkinson's Disease gets Parkin' tic

FFS is no one safe from these people. How the feck they sleep at night is beyond me. This country is going down the pan. Last one out turn the lights off and shut the door behind them.

3. Come the glorious day of the revolution (As Finknottle would say)

I wouldnt pee on them if they were on fire!

4. My local GP (Great guy), Is just awaiting the revolution with his heavy pop gun I`m already detailed off as ammo belt carrier / loader. Our target Medical scribes Daily Wail etc. Plenty of places in the firing line.Over to the press gangs, go forth and produce awaiting response.

5. I didn't realize that war veterans are allowed to park wherever they wish.

6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

He wouldn't normally, however the disabled badge that he carries confers certain dispensations.

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A true dit with no reference? Hmm, without knowing the full facts of the story I don't think many of us can comment in this case... :?