Falklands Anniversary.

onions

GCM
Have just read on MoD oracle that MOD and Buck house will not be sending representatives to the Falkland Islands to commemorate the 25th anniversary. MOD said that the archipelago's "unpleasant" and "chilly" weather during the summer means that Derek Twigg, Veterans minister, will stay in UK.

Disgusting! :mad: :evil:

They should have the courtesy to respect those who sacrificed their lives both to liberate the Falklands and save the Government's bacon! This is a case of putting political considerations (vis a vis not offending the Argentines) above respect. How quickly TB has forgotten that soundbite: Respect!

andym

War Hero
What a bunch of fecking spiness scum!!!We lost many good men that todays Polititians arent fit to lick the boots of!!!what would have happened if our lads said "bugger this for a game of sailors,its unpleasent and chilly!"

The sooner this bunch of cretins and self important nest featherers the better!!!

Let the prick stay at home then with his spoiled brat kids that will never serve and his wife who puts up with him shagging rent boys. Like most politicos' his presence is not required, these tossers insult the memory of our brothers" with their very existence.
As for the Royal family, I can't believe they would not send someone, but stand to be corrected.

Stripey_G

War Hero
Just to add my bit as a Falklands vet, I also find this disgusting that the Veterans Minister will not be going to represent us at the anniversary. :evil:
Too "unpleasant" and "chilly" for him is it? He should have been there at the time!!! How quickly people forget the sacrifice that others gave! If I could, I would gladly re-visit that inhospitable place to pay my respects to my fallen brothers. Lets hope someone with the bottle to put up with the "chilly" weather will make an effort!
I will, as always, commemorate the anniversary in my own way.
Bollox to the Politicians!! :evil: :twisted:

I have just submitted an E Petition for this on the No 10 website - it is waiting for "government team approprval" (no red tape there then) - once it's up and running I will post the link for you all to consider signing

Regards

Windy

windygale said:
I have just submitted an E Petition for this on the No 10 website - it is waiting for "government team approprval" (no red tape there then) - once it's up and running I will post the link for you all to consider signing

Regards

Windy

Thanks Windy.

Steve.

NZ_Bootneck said:
Lingyai said:
Let the prick stay at home then with his spoiled brat kids that will never serve and his wife who puts up with him shagging rent boys. Like most politicos' his presence is not required, these tossers insult the memory of our brothers" with their very existence.
As for the Royal family, I can't believe they would not send someone, but stand to be corrected.
Long as it's not Prince Edward, Theatrical Empresario (failed), Royal Marine Officer (failed) I don't care. Princess Beatrice would do a better job than that brown hatter.

Oi, not ALL brown hatters are tossers mate! :evil: :sad:

Now where did I put my homosexual bicycle clips...

Latest Threads