Falklands 25 Liverpool War Memorial on 14th

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Father_Famine, Jun 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

I can't get the day off to attend the parade and celebrations in Carlisle on 14th June (25th Anniversary of Surrender in Stanley).

I am planning to visit the War Memorial in Liverpool City Centre at 11.00 to pay my respects, (Parking permitting) Just wondered if anyone else is paying their respects anywhere.

I am off to London on Friday 15th for the official parade and weekend p*ssup :thumright: :tp:

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hi FF

Just to clarify mate- I presume you mean liverpool on Remembrance Sunday? The only reason I ask is that so far as I'm aware, all other Falklands stuff has already happened in Liverpool.
  3. Sorry, I meant to attend as a member of SAMA82 as a personal mark of respect, not being able to attend the ceremony at Carlisle on the day.

Although I am going to London I wanted to remember quietly on the day of the event.

I am in work today and have spent most of the morning remembering Fitzroy, so am no good to anyone.

Nearly Hometime, POETS Day, don't suppose civvies working here will realise that.