Falklands 2007 Pilgrimage

#2
I would have thought that the Falkland Islands are the last place anyone who fought there wants to go to again. But obviously not.
 
#3
Having been there myself I can fully understand why some people would wish to attend such a pilgrimage.

I imagine for many, it is an opportunity to pay repects to fallen comrades, lay ghosts to rest and see how much it has changed since those now distant days.

Also, next year is the 25th Anniversay and lets see if our wonderful Government have any plans up their sleeves as they promised a few years ago?
 
I

In_my_day

Guest
#4
brigham600 said:
Having been there myself I can fully understand why some people would wish to attend such a pilgrimage.

I imagine for many, it is an opportunity to pay repects to fallen comrades, lay ghosts to rest and see how much it has changed since those now distant days.

Also, next year is the 25th Anniversay and lets see if our wonderful Government have any plans up their sleeves as they promised a few years ago?
I understand that the Guz city council are organising a service on the Hoe on Sun June 9th. I don't think it is set in stone yet though.

IMD
 
#5
There are a lot of things in the process of being organised, On Nov 13th a press conference is being held on HMS Illustrious to give detils about the parade on Horseguards in June 2007.
This is a list of thing so far...

Saturday 24th February

Warrant Officers & Senior Rates SNCO's Mess
HMS SULTAN
Gosport

Charity 'RN Style' Horse Race Evening
All proceeds in support of the FVF - £5.00 per person

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

Tel. 023 9235 7181 (Home)

[email protected] (Home)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 10th March

Southwick Park Golf Club
Southwick
Fareham

General Knowledge Team Quiz - In support of the FVF.
Maximum 6 to a team. Hot food included in team entry fee Prizes for Winners
& Runners-Up. Falkland Veteran Teams welcome to participate.
For further info. contact Gilly.

'Gilly' Gilchrist MBE
SPGC Captain 2007
1 Cromwell Road
Southsea Hants
PO4 9PN

Tel. 023 9234 7755 (Home)
Tel. 023 9221 7556 (Work)

Email: [email protected] o.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 16th March

HMS DRAKE
Devonport
Commemorative Dinner for all crews of Devonport based ships involved in the
conflict.

TBA

--------------------------------------------------------------------


Friday 23rd March to Sunday 25th March

The Royal Court Hotel
Keresley
Coventry.

Safety Equipment and Survival Reunion Weekend

All Veterans & partners welcome. See the website or contact the Secretary.

Gordon Parkes - Secretary

Tel:01483 823181

[email protected] tlworld.com

http://www.faasurvivalassociation.co.uk/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 25th March

National Memorial Arboretum
Alrewas
Staffs.

South Atlantic Medal Association (1982) - AGM, Lunch & Service

Dedication of memorial bench and plaque - SAMA82 members are invited to
attend - contact the Organiser for full details.

John 'Joe' Erskine
AGM & Reunion Organiser
8 Grosvenor Court
74 East Lodge Park
Farlington Portsmouth
Hants PO6 1BY

Tel. 023 9279 1258

[email protected] tlworld.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 28th March

Gosport

FVF Exercise of Freedom Rights - Commemoration of the Military Withdrawal
from Royal Hospital Haslar.

Veterans can be part of what will be of historical significance marking the
closure of GB's last military hospital.
This event will certainly attract national media attention. As a 'Freeman'
please volunteer to be in the FVF's contingent to exercise your right to
honour 250 years of military hospitals and be part of this unique march
past.

Smokey Cole or Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582

[email protected]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 29th March to Monday 2nd April

Royal Fleet Club
Plymouth

HMS HERMES Reunion Dinner for all those who Served onboard - Falklands
Veterans especially welcome.

Richard Tipping
Association Secretary
Tel. 01752 787697

richard.tipping @blueyonder.co. uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 31st March until end 2007

Royal Naval Museum
Portsmouth

A New Exhibition to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Falklands
conflict. One of the main themes of the exhibition will be stories from
veterans of the war, so the RNM wants to let as many people who were
involved in 1982 know about the exhibition. In the initial planning stages
at the moment.

Stephen Courtney
Royal Naval Museum
HM Naval Base (PP66)
Portsmouth PO1 3NH

Tel No* 023 9272 7578

Email: stephen.courtne [email protected] eum.org

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 6th April
T.B.C

Wardroom
HMS SULTAN
Gosport
T.B.C.

'Task Force 25 Commemorative Dinner' to honour the crews & their families &
ships that sailed from Portsmouth 5th April 1982 and in support of the FVF.

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

Tel. 023 9235 7181 (Home)

[email protected]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 29th April

Explosion!
Museum of Naval Firepower
Gosport

'Remembering The Falklands'

A special afternoon of reflection and remembrance in the Museum's Conference
Hall. All Falklands Veterans, family and friends are invited to an informal
get together to mark the 25th anniversary of the Falklands Conflict. Free
Tea, Coffee and a light buffet will be available in the Conference Hall.
Although tickets for the event are FREE, advance booking is preferred with
FREE Entry to the Museum for Veterans - Members of the Public also welcome.

Marc Farrance
Visitor Services Officer
Explosion!
Museum of Naval Firepower
Priddy's Hard Gosport
Hants PO12 4LE
Tel. 023 9250 5603

Email:[email protected] sion.org.uk

http://www.explosion.org.uk/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------



Saturday 19th May

Southwick Park Golf Club
Southwick
Fareham

Entertainment Evening and Charity Auction - In conjunction with 'Clubline
Promotions' in support of the FVF. Details to be announced February 2007.

'Gilly' Gilchrist MBE
SPGC Captain 2007
1 Cromwell Road
Southsea Hants
PO4 9PN

Tel. 023 9234 7755 (Home)
Tel. 023 9221 7556 (Work)

Email: [email protected] o.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 20th May

The Kings Stone Drive Past / Salute

Monument on the B2149 between Rolands Castle and Horndean

Senior Falkland Veteran Officer Taking the Salute.
Falkland Veterans and their families are invited to attend and to be part of
the Drive Past organised by the 'Solent Overload Executive' and will be
placed in various military vehicles - Especially welcome are those who
served onboard HMS ARDENT as it was sunk 21st May 1982, as were HMS ANTELOPE
(23 rd May) and HMS COVENTRY (25th May).
All other Veterans welcome

John Whiting
'SOE' Secretary

Tel. 023 9235 3635

[email protected] lworld.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


Bank Holiday Weekend

Saturday 26th to Monday 29th May

Five Heads Road
Horndean

Off Junction 2 the A3M
'Overlord 2007' - South's Premier Military Vehicle Spectacular
The show offers the public the opportunity to see a wide range of historic
and modern military vehicles estimated to be 100's to view.
Organised by the 'Solent Overlord Executive' supporting the FVF and
financial donors of 2005 and 2006

http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 1st June

Royal Sailors Home Club
Portsmouth

HMS FEARLESS (L10) - 25th Reunion
All Ex-1982 crew and COMAW staff and 846 Naval Air Squadron members and
families welcome to attend
See website for purchase of CD in support of the FVF

Ray Metcalfe
23 Sedgewick Close
Gosport Hants
PO13 9RB

Tel. 023 9252 8302
[email protected] sco.net

http://www.hmsfearless.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 2nd June

Sports Fields
HMS SULTAN
Gosport

"25th Commemorative Concert"

Following the successes of the 15th & 20th concerts organised and arranged
by the FVF's Chief Executive 'Smokey' Cole with Jim Davidson OBE and other
celebrities attending this event is anticipated to be bigger and better in
all respects!?

Celebrity group(s) & attendees to be announced March 2007

FVF Chief Executive
Derek 'Smokey' Cole

Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

Tel:07850 793776
Email:smokeyL11 @aol.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 3rd June

Falkland Gardens
Gosport

"25th Commemorative Remembrance Sunday Service and March Past" Veterans &
Families are invited to attend

In conjunction with Gosport Borough Council (GBC) the FVF exercising its
right to the 'Freedom of the Borough' to march through the town followed by
'Up Spirits'


Smokey Cole / Les Heyhoe

Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 10th June

Portsmouth Cathedral

HMS GLAMORGAN
Service of Remembrance

Alan Bradley
5 Pennine Walk Fareham
Hants PO14 IQQ
Tel. 01329 311527

[email protected] lworld.com

http://www.hmsglamorgan.co.uk/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 14th June

Pangbourne Chapel
Reading
Berkshire

25th Remembrance Service at The Falklands Islands Memorial Chapel with
HM QEII present.

With a capacity of 600 only 100 tickets will be available so apply to
receive tickets now & receive the newsletter in February 2007

Mrs Angela Perry MInstF
Wroxton Mill
Shutford Road
Wroxton
Banbury
Oxfordshire
OX15 6EZ

Tel. 01295 738 123

http://www.falklands-chapel.org.uk/

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 15th June to Sunday 17th June

RM Condor
Abroath
45 Commando Group (1982) 'Operation Corporate 25th Reunion'

See the website or contact the Organiser for full details.

Pat Chapman
Reunion Organiser
*Station Staff Officer BFESU BFPO 53
Tel No: (00357) 25963948

[email protected] .co.uk

http://www.geocities.com/rm45cdo82/index.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 16th June

Harlequins
Twickenham
Stoop Stadium
Middlesex

Falklands Rugby Task Force XV versus Penguins International RFC

All proceeds in support of SAMA82 - see website for full information and
details

David Pearcy
Chairman
Falklands Task Force Rugby

[email protected] nternet.com

http://www.falklandstaskforcerugby.co.uk/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 16th June

River Thames
London

SAMA82 (Wales) - Cruise on the SS Elizabethan - Hosting the Falklands
Families Association.
Tickets £10 on sale in January 2007 and are limited to 200 - 2pm to 6pm.

Andy 'Curly' Jones
SAMA82 (Wales Regional Secretary/Treasurer)

Tel. 01874 625125 (Home)

[email protected] ernet.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 16th June

Wellington Barracks
London

Evening BBQ hosted by the Sgt's Mess 1st Battalion Welsh Guards - Open to
SAMA82 (Wales) members and their families only.

Andy 'Curly' Jones
SAMA82 (Wales Regional Secretary/Treasurer)

Tel. 01874 625125 (Home)

[email protected] ernet.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 17th June

Horse guards Parade
London

Drumhead Ceremony & Falklands Veterans March Past along the Mall for a Royal
Salute with a 'Fly Past'

http://www.falklands25.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 17th June

St James's Park
London

Reception for Veterans & Families - Please note Limited Numbers.

TBC

023 92 511582

email:[email protected] rg.uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 28th June

RAF Waddington
Lincoln

Drum Head Service, Wreath Laying Ceremony, March Past & Fly Past (am) -
Access to Vulcan XM607 (3 Bombing Missions) Dress rehearsal Air Show pm for
Sat. 30th June - All Veterans & their families welcome.

Peter Cobbold
RAF Regiment

Email: [email protected] il.net

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 29th June

Organised Visits

Falklands Veterans & families are invited to visit:
RAF Scampton, Lincoln Cathedral and RAF Coningsby.

Peter Cobbold
RAF Regiment

Email: [email protected] il.net

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 30th June

RAF Waddington
Lincoln

Air Show - a.m. Memorial Service outside 'A' Hangar which will be turned
into a 1982 Museum of equipment with the surrounding area of aircraft -
Volunteers are sought to assist manning the exhibitions. Show entry cost per
person approx. £13.00

Peter Cobbold
RAF Regiment

Email: [email protected] il.net

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 1st July

London

Start 9.35am: The British 10K London Run (approx 5 miles)
Six Volunteers required to run / walk and obtain sponsorship in support of
the FVF - Able to complete the course in 2 hours
Aged 15 to 75 & in good health

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

Tel. 023 9235 7181 (Home)
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 8th July

Southsea Common
Portsmouth

Airborne Forces Day South
'Pompey Para Spectacular'

Pride of place as No.1 Platoon will be Falkland Veterans - irrespective if
Para's or not.
Volunteers required to be part of the platoon & march past.

An action packed free fun day for the family with parachute jumps by various
groups including the 'Red Devils'

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582

[email protected]

Event Organiser
Major Frank Smith

http://www.pompeyparas.org/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday & Sunday 21st & 22nd July

Five Heads Road
Horndean

Junction 2 off the A3M

'Classic Vehicles Show'

Vintage & Classic vehicles, displays, collections etc.
£4.00 Adults / £2 Children U16 (OAP's No Concession) - U2 Free

Supporting the FVF - Financial donations made in 2005 & 2006

Dave Kimber (Entry Details)
Tel. 01243 553445

[email protected] club.co.uk

Dave Rudwick (Stall Details)
Tel. 01403 820808


http://www.doublellclub.co.uk/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 30th September

Cardiff

Drum Head Service and March Past for the erection and official opening of a
new Welsh National Monument (1982) - Funded and co-organised by SAMA82
(Wales) in conjunction with The National Assembly and Cardiff County
Council.

All veterans and families welcome to attend. Full details to be announced
via the website.

http://www.sama82.org/regions/wales/myweb/index.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 9th November

Thorngate Hall
Gosport

Remembrance Weekend - "The 255 Black Tie Dinner"

A fundraising evening with entertainment in support of the FVF and to honour
and remember the 255 Servicemen who were killed in 1982 - Details to be
announced by April 2007.

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582

[email protected]

Tel. 023 9235 7181 (Home)
[email protected]
 
#7
dunkers said:
I would have thought that the Falkland Islands are the last place anyone who fought there wants to go to again. But obviously not.
I was there from April 82 until Dec 82 (with a short break in between) and I'd go back to see it again. I must say, however that I'm hooked on the islands having been there before the 'conflict' as it was called at the time (it was still a war in my book!)
 
#8
chockhead819 said:
There are a lot of things in the process of being organised, On Nov 13th a press conference is being held on HMS Illustrious to give detils about the parade on Horseguards in June 2007.
This is a list of thing so far...

Saturday 24th February

Warrant Officers & Senior Rates SNCO's Mess
HMS SULTAN
Gosport

Charity 'RN Style' Horse Race Evening
All proceeds in support of the FVF - £5.00 per person

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

Tel. 023 9235 7181 (Home)

[email protected] (Home)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 10th March

Southwick Park Golf Club
Southwick
Fareham

General Knowledge Team Quiz - In support of the FVF.
Maximum 6 to a team. Hot food included in team entry fee Prizes for Winners
& Runners-Up. Falkland Veteran Teams welcome to participate.
For further info. contact Gilly.

'Gilly' Gilchrist MBE
SPGC Captain 2007
1 Cromwell Road
Southsea Hants
PO4 9PN

Tel. 023 9234 7755 (Home)
Tel. 023 9221 7556 (Work)

Email: [email protected] o.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 16th March

HMS DRAKE
Devonport
Commemorative Dinner for all crews of Devonport based ships involved in the
conflict.

TBA

--------------------------------------------------------------------


Friday 23rd March to Sunday 25th March

The Royal Court Hotel
Keresley
Coventry.

Safety Equipment and Survival Reunion Weekend

All Veterans & partners welcome. See the website or contact the Secretary.

Gordon Parkes - Secretary

Tel:01483 823181

[email protected] tlworld.com

http://www.faasurvivalassociation.co.uk/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 25th March

National Memorial Arboretum
Alrewas
Staffs.

South Atlantic Medal Association (1982) - AGM, Lunch & Service

Dedication of memorial bench and plaque - SAMA82 members are invited to
attend - contact the Organiser for full details.

John 'Joe' Erskine
AGM & Reunion Organiser
8 Grosvenor Court
74 East Lodge Park
Farlington Portsmouth
Hants PO6 1BY

Tel. 023 9279 1258

[email protected] tlworld.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 28th March

Gosport

FVF Exercise of Freedom Rights - Commemoration of the Military Withdrawal
from Royal Hospital Haslar.

Veterans can be part of what will be of historical significance marking the
closure of GB's last military hospital.
This event will certainly attract national media attention. As a 'Freeman'
please volunteer to be in the FVF's contingent to exercise your right to
honour 250 years of military hospitals and be part of this unique march
past.

Smokey Cole or Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582

[email protected]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 29th March to Monday 2nd April

Royal Fleet Club
Plymouth

HMS HERMES Reunion Dinner for all those who Served onboard - Falklands
Veterans especially welcome.

Richard Tipping
Association Secretary
Tel. 01752 787697

richard.tipping @blueyonder.co. uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 31st March until end 2007

Royal Naval Museum
Portsmouth

A New Exhibition to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Falklands
conflict. One of the main themes of the exhibition will be stories from
veterans of the war, so the RNM wants to let as many people who were
involved in 1982 know about the exhibition. In the initial planning stages
at the moment.

Stephen Courtney
Royal Naval Museum
HM Naval Base (PP66)
Portsmouth PO1 3NH

Tel No* 023 9272 7578

Email: stephen.courtne [email protected] eum.org

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 6th April
T.B.C

Wardroom
HMS SULTAN
Gosport
T.B.C.

'Task Force 25 Commemorative Dinner' to honour the crews & their families &
ships that sailed from Portsmouth 5th April 1982 and in support of the FVF.

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

Tel. 023 9235 7181 (Home)

[email protected]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 29th April

Explosion!
Museum of Naval Firepower
Gosport

'Remembering The Falklands'

A special afternoon of reflection and remembrance in the Museum's Conference
Hall. All Falklands Veterans, family and friends are invited to an informal
get together to mark the 25th anniversary of the Falklands Conflict. Free
Tea, Coffee and a light buffet will be available in the Conference Hall.
Although tickets for the event are FREE, advance booking is preferred with
FREE Entry to the Museum for Veterans - Members of the Public also welcome.

Marc Farrance
Visitor Services Officer
Explosion!
Museum of Naval Firepower
Priddy's Hard Gosport
Hants PO12 4LE
Tel. 023 9250 5603

Email:[email protected] sion.org.uk

http://www.explosion.org.uk/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------



Saturday 19th May

Southwick Park Golf Club
Southwick
Fareham

Entertainment Evening and Charity Auction - In conjunction with 'Clubline
Promotions' in support of the FVF. Details to be announced February 2007.

'Gilly' Gilchrist MBE
SPGC Captain 2007
1 Cromwell Road
Southsea Hants
PO4 9PN

Tel. 023 9234 7755 (Home)
Tel. 023 9221 7556 (Work)

Email: [email protected] o.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 20th May

The Kings Stone Drive Past / Salute

Monument on the B2149 between Rolands Castle and Horndean

Senior Falkland Veteran Officer Taking the Salute.
Falkland Veterans and their families are invited to attend and to be part of
the Drive Past organised by the 'Solent Overload Executive' and will be
placed in various military vehicles - Especially welcome are those who
served onboard HMS ARDENT as it was sunk 21st May 1982, as were HMS ANTELOPE
(23 rd May) and HMS COVENTRY (25th May).
All other Veterans welcome

John Whiting
'SOE' Secretary

Tel. 023 9235 3635

[email protected] lworld.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


Bank Holiday Weekend

Saturday 26th to Monday 29th May

Five Heads Road
Horndean

Off Junction 2 the A3M
'Overlord 2007' - South's Premier Military Vehicle Spectacular
The show offers the public the opportunity to see a wide range of historic
and modern military vehicles estimated to be 100's to view.
Organised by the 'Solent Overlord Executive' supporting the FVF and
financial donors of 2005 and 2006

http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 1st June

Royal Sailors Home Club
Portsmouth

HMS FEARLESS (L10) - 25th Reunion
All Ex-1982 crew and COMAW staff and 846 Naval Air Squadron members and
families welcome to attend
See website for purchase of CD in support of the FVF

Ray Metcalfe
23 Sedgewick Close
Gosport Hants
PO13 9RB

Tel. 023 9252 8302
[email protected] sco.net

http://www.hmsfearless.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 2nd June

Sports Fields
HMS SULTAN
Gosport

"25th Commemorative Concert"

Following the successes of the 15th & 20th concerts organised and arranged
by the FVF's Chief Executive 'Smokey' Cole with Jim Davidson OBE and other
celebrities attending this event is anticipated to be bigger and better in
all respects!?

Celebrity group(s) & attendees to be announced March 2007

FVF Chief Executive
Derek 'Smokey' Cole

Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

Tel:07850 793776
Email:smokeyL11 @aol.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 3rd June

Falkland Gardens
Gosport

"25th Commemorative Remembrance Sunday Service and March Past" Veterans &
Families are invited to attend

In conjunction with Gosport Borough Council (GBC) the FVF exercising its
right to the 'Freedom of the Borough' to march through the town followed by
'Up Spirits'


Smokey Cole / Les Heyhoe

Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 10th June

Portsmouth Cathedral

HMS GLAMORGAN
Service of Remembrance

Alan Bradley
5 Pennine Walk Fareham
Hants PO14 IQQ
Tel. 01329 311527

[email protected] lworld.com

http://www.hmsglamorgan.co.uk/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 14th June

Pangbourne Chapel
Reading
Berkshire

25th Remembrance Service at The Falklands Islands Memorial Chapel with
HM QEII present.

With a capacity of 600 only 100 tickets will be available so apply to
receive tickets now & receive the newsletter in February 2007

Mrs Angela Perry MInstF
Wroxton Mill
Shutford Road
Wroxton
Banbury
Oxfordshire
OX15 6EZ

Tel. 01295 738 123

http://www.falklands-chapel.org.uk/

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 15th June to Sunday 17th June

RM Condor
Abroath
45 Commando Group (1982) 'Operation Corporate 25th Reunion'

See the website or contact the Organiser for full details.

Pat Chapman
Reunion Organiser
*Station Staff Officer BFESU BFPO 53
Tel No: (00357) 25963948

[email protected] .co.uk

http://www.geocities.com/rm45cdo82/index.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 16th June

Harlequins
Twickenham
Stoop Stadium
Middlesex

Falklands Rugby Task Force XV versus Penguins International RFC

All proceeds in support of SAMA82 - see website for full information and
details

David Pearcy
Chairman
Falklands Task Force Rugby

[email protected] nternet.com

http://www.falklandstaskforcerugby.co.uk/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 16th June

River Thames
London

SAMA82 (Wales) - Cruise on the SS Elizabethan - Hosting the Falklands
Families Association.
Tickets £10 on sale in January 2007 and are limited to 200 - 2pm to 6pm.

Andy 'Curly' Jones
SAMA82 (Wales Regional Secretary/Treasurer)

Tel. 01874 625125 (Home)

[email protected] ernet.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 16th June

Wellington Barracks
London

Evening BBQ hosted by the Sgt's Mess 1st Battalion Welsh Guards - Open to
SAMA82 (Wales) members and their families only.

Andy 'Curly' Jones
SAMA82 (Wales Regional Secretary/Treasurer)

Tel. 01874 625125 (Home)

[email protected] ernet.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 17th June

Horse guards Parade
London

Drumhead Ceremony & Falklands Veterans March Past along the Mall for a Royal
Salute with a 'Fly Past'

http://www.falklands25.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 17th June

St James's Park
London

Reception for Veterans & Families - Please note Limited Numbers.

TBC

023 92 511582

email:receptio[email protected] rg.uk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 28th June

RAF Waddington
Lincoln

Drum Head Service, Wreath Laying Ceremony, March Past & Fly Past (am) -
Access to Vulcan XM607 (3 Bombing Missions) Dress rehearsal Air Show pm for
Sat. 30th June - All Veterans & their families welcome.

Peter Cobbold
RAF Regiment

Email: [email protected] il.net

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 29th June

Organised Visits

Falklands Veterans & families are invited to visit:
RAF Scampton, Lincoln Cathedral and RAF Coningsby.

Peter Cobbold
RAF Regiment

Email: [email protected] il.net

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 30th June

RAF Waddington
Lincoln

Air Show - a.m. Memorial Service outside 'A' Hangar which will be turned
into a 1982 Museum of equipment with the surrounding area of aircraft -
Volunteers are sought to assist manning the exhibitions. Show entry cost per
person approx. £13.00

Peter Cobbold
RAF Regiment

Email: [email protected] il.net

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 1st July

London

Start 9.35am: The British 10K London Run (approx 5 miles)
Six Volunteers required to run / walk and obtain sponsorship in support of
the FVF - Able to complete the course in 2 hours
Aged 15 to 75 & in good health

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582
[email protected]

Tel. 023 9235 7181 (Home)
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 8th July

Southsea Common
Portsmouth

Airborne Forces Day South
'Pompey Para Spectacular'

Pride of place as No.1 Platoon will be Falkland Veterans - irrespective if
Para's or not.
Volunteers required to be part of the platoon & march past.

An action packed free fun day for the family with parachute jumps by various
groups including the 'Red Devils'

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582

[email protected]

Event Organiser
Major Frank Smith

http://www.pompeyparas.org/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday & Sunday 21st & 22nd July

Five Heads Road
Horndean

Junction 2 off the A3M

'Classic Vehicles Show'

Vintage & Classic vehicles, displays, collections etc.
£4.00 Adults / £2 Children U16 (OAP's No Concession) - U2 Free

Supporting the FVF - Financial donations made in 2005 & 2006

Dave Kimber (Entry Details)
Tel. 01243 553445

[email protected] club.co.uk

Dave Rudwick (Stall Details)
Tel. 01403 820808


http://www.doublellclub.co.uk/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 30th September

Cardiff

Drum Head Service and March Past for the erection and official opening of a
new Welsh National Monument (1982) - Funded and co-organised by SAMA82
(Wales) in conjunction with The National Assembly and Cardiff County
Council.

All veterans and families welcome to attend. Full details to be announced
via the website.

http://www.sama82.org/regions/wales/myweb/index.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday 9th November

Thorngate Hall
Gosport

Remembrance Weekend - "The 255 Black Tie Dinner"

A fundraising evening with entertainment in support of the FVF and to honour
and remember the 255 Servicemen who were killed in 1982 - Details to be
announced by April 2007.

FVF - Les Heyhoe
Tel. 023 9251 1582

[email protected]



Tel. 023 9235 7181 (Home)
[email protected]
Thanks for that info chockhead - brilliant job!
 
#9
Thanks also Chockhead. There was a Written Answer in today's Commons Hansard on this very topic, which promises to give MPs more information on 13.11.06, so RR readers are now better informed than they are! If they ever find out, they will not be happy little bunnies! :twisted:
 
#10
We are going up to London for the Falklands 25. Not sure what part we will be taking, but sure as eggs is eggs there will be Royalty on board.
Look out for us by Greenwich next year. We will be the 20,000+ tonnes with the god awful Mizzen Mast. (worth a trip to see it if only to shake your head and say "what on earth is that")
 

Similar threads

Top